Forum Name: Movies
Forum Discription: Movie reviews and such
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8152
Printed Date: July/03/2022 at 11:14am

Topic: Into The Wild!
Posted By: dan-dan
Subject: Into The Wild!
Date Posted: February/23/2008 at 3:20pm
Has anyone seen this film yet? I'm eagerly awaiting the DVD release date (10th March) lol.

For those who have seen it, what did you think? Would you recommend it?

Replies:
Posted By: ChrisCarter
Date Posted: February/23/2008 at 4:15pm
It's a good movie and definitely worthy of a viewing. Have you read the book by Jon Krakauer? In the book Krakauer interviews the family and friends and you get a real feeling of who Christopher McCandless was. In comparison, the movie sometimes felt like just a good movie, if you know what I mean.

Date Posted: February/23/2008 at 4:39pm
Awesome, thanks.

I've not read the book, no. I might go out and get it now though, before I watch the movie Pleased

Date Posted: February/23/2008 at 8:07pm
It's a fast read and Krakauer is an excellent author. I hope you post your thoughts on the book here as well as your opinion of the movie. Beware though, you may feel inclined to abandon all your worldly possessions and head off somewhere.

Posted By: Naxiya
Date Posted: February/24/2008 at 2:59am
I would give it 10 out of 10, it's pretty touching and really cool. 

-------------
~Sky Mistress Shade~

Date Posted: February/24/2008 at 11:18am
Originally posted by ChrisCarter

It's a fast read and Krakauer is an excellent author. I hope you post your thoughts on the book here as well as your opinion of the movie. Beware though, you may feel inclined to abandon all your worldly possessions and head off somewhere.

I feel that way inclined most of the time anyway. Maybe it'll help me to loose my inhibitions and become more me lol.

I will definitely share the book and film here. I get paid next week so I'll buy the book then. I actually can't wait haha

Date Posted: February/29/2008 at 12:59pm
I bought the book after work! Yipee Big%20Grin

Posted By: ManowarVin
Date Posted: February/29/2008 at 5:31pm
Exactly what I was gonna say, I'm gonna get and read the book before the film.

Date Posted: March/08/2008 at 7:37pm
Thoughts on the book so far?

Date Posted: March/15/2008 at 5:42pm
I just finished reading it, and I have mixed feelings.

Krakauer says that after the popularity of his magazine article, he decided he should write a book. Yet that's all this is, an 'extended article'.
Though I enjoyed reading about McCandless's journey, I did find it hard to get into the book itself.

I also found that the author was often trying to boast his extending vocabulary. You get the jist, but that doesn't make a book fun or easy to read.
Another thing was, he randomly went off track and onto his own wild adventure mid-book. It went on for two chapters, and considering there's less than 20, that's a lot of book. I enjoyed reading it nonetheless, but I sometimes questioned who the book was actually about.

Admittedly, I did have preconceptions. I thought this was going to be a combination of fact and fiction. I thought I would have been warned at the start that this is a 'story' based on actual events. I thought I would have had the parents/friends statements throughout, reminding me that it was real.

I shan't lie, I was a little disappointed. I don't regret reading it, and I'm definitely more inspired that what I've ever been, but it was a let down.

I think the film will be better. I'm pretty sure of it actually. I'm still terribly excited about watching it :)

-------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?

Posted By: Laura0Face
Date Posted: March/15/2008 at 10:03pm
Yeah Pretty amazing dan :D

-------------
Lisa - oh! true story. I saw a duck get raped by another duck today.

Date Posted: April/02/2008 at 1:59pm
Finally got it and watched it, yesterday.

OMG, it was flipping amazing. Sooooo much better than the book!

-------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?

Print Page | Close Window