Print Page | Close Window

Have you got big lobes ..over 30 mm ??

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: General Talk About Anything
Forum Discription: Talk about anything your little modded heart desires!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8089
Printed Date: August/09/2022 at 12:32am

Topic: Have you got big lobes ..over 30 mm ??
Posted By: theViking
Subject: Have you got big lobes ..over 30 mm ??
Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 7:26pm
Hey everyone

My names noel and have been streching my ears for about 3 years but not constantly lol

I live in ireland and our weather sucks a load of ballocks when its cold my ears get really cold,i am worryed that if i strech and futher it will get worse
and maybe they will die off as the blood flow stops

i cover them when i am out with a scarf if its cold ..
i really want to go up a few more sizes
i am currently at just over 33 mm

i find wood retains heat better the steal so i use both now and again

does any one have this problem ?

-------------
"You just don't have the requisite Celtic soul, man"

Facebook Group - Gotta love Ladies with stretched ears <3 - Join for the buzz =D

Replies:
Posted By: GabeTSD
Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:13pm
i have 1 and 1/2 and i've only ben stretching mine for about 2 years. I usually use acrylic plugs, but i have to admit you do have a point in the steel and metal gauges.

-------------
Well im usually an asshole to people who just piss me off but im actually pretty laid back

Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:16pm
yeah so its do or dont ,

go the size i want and risk my ears
or play it safe

-------------

Facebook Group - Gotta love Ladies with stretched ears <3 - Join for the buzz =D

Posted By: magic_mohawk
Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:36pm
I've had that problem. I live in Idaho, and last year I was stretching from 7/8 to 15/16.
I had the back of my ears get frostbite, which really sucked.
It took forever to heal.
I currently am up to 1 1/4, but I wear one of the hats with the flaps for ears and the rabbit fur on the inside.
I work about 10-12 hours outside in temps as cold as -20F and the hat keeps my ears warm.
I've noticed with me my steel eyelets keep more heat in them then solid acrylic. Prolly due to my ears having to heat the piece of acrylic.

Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:42pm

I find steel gets cold very fast ..

Maybe I should get a hat like yours lol dont see them much in Ireland

respect on the lobe front bro.

-------------

Posted By: kweidog
Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:44pm
Your better off with the wood or horn plugs,.If I were you I'd stick with those.At least during the cold season.
As far as continuing to stretch,I wouldn't worry about the weather damaging your lobes as long as you keep being smart about it.
I personally wear an "elmer fudd hat" when its real cold.Keeps the lobes all snuggly and warm and don't have to worry about the scarf slipping.

I had a friend with 38mm lobes and he lived in Alaska for 2 years with no problem.Although he did get one frostbitten this year while in Colorado.Went out with no hat...tsk,tsk.

Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:53pm
Thanks. I love my "elmer fudd hat". I've had it for a year now and I'll probably have to get a new one cause I've worn it so much. xD!!

Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:53pm
Ha ha thanks man that really helps ,must get a hat soon lol
I look forward to getting bigger now :D

love my lobes thx for the help guys
any links for good plug sites for wood,horn and bone 34 mm +

http://www.bodyartforms.com - www.bodyartforms.com seems sweet
havent ever odered from there tho

-------------

Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:54pm
BAF is a good site, I also like Anotherhole.com. There's one other I look at but I don't have the site off the top of my head.

Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 8:56pm
Shazzam!

-------------

Posted By: xgrrl_germsx
Date Posted: February/19/2008 at 10:52pm
im really paranoid about my lobes falling off too. I'm in between 1 3/8 and 1 1/2, and live in fargo north dakota. Its negative 50 right now. gross.

scarves work the best for me. maybe even get some of those hand warmer things you can put in your mittens and place them on your ears when you get inside. i know half the time i can't even tell my ears are freezing until i touch them with my fingers or they start to thaw

Posted By: SaberLette
Date Posted: February/20/2008 at 12:23am
hm....not yet..im only at 1inch...
i been stretchin since i was 13...let it stay at 1/2inch for 5yrs...when i turned 18 decided to go bigger...so now its been 1yr and ive let it go to 1 inch..
may go to 1 1/2inch
not sure yet

MCL

~Saber~

-------------

Posted By: Ixchel
Date Posted: February/20/2008 at 12:30am
couple of sites with nice organic jewelry for ya.
http://onetribe.nu/catalog/index.php
http://www.paulsplugs.com/

Posted By: Naxiya
Date Posted: February/20/2008 at 2:44am
Originally posted by theViking

Hey everyone

My names noel and have been streching my ears for about 3 years but not constantly lol

I live in ireland and our weather sucks a load of ballocks when its cold my ears get really cold,i am worryed that if i strech and futher it will get worse
and maybe they will die off as the blood flow stops

i cover them when i am out with a scarf if its cold ..
i really want to go up a few more sizes
i am currently at just over 33 mm

i find wood retains heat better the steal so i use both now and again

does any one have this problem ?

You should get ear muffs!!!!! :D

-------------
~Sky Mistress Shade~

Date Posted: February/20/2008 at 8:08pm

those are some shit hot sites thanks :D

-------------

Posted By: nickortizzle
Date Posted: February/20/2008 at 8:16pm
at the moment i am at 1 5/8" on my way to 2". i usually have in pyrex or steel. i would like to go and use wood or horn but they are pretty expensive. i live in massachusetts and the winter here sucks. i either wear my huge fur hat with the ear flaps. or a wool watch cap. depending on just how cold it is outside. 

Posted By: theartofnecro
Date Posted: February/21/2008 at 5:06am
Originally posted by theViking

Ha ha thanks man that really helps ,must get a hat soon lol
I look forward to getting bigger now :D

love my lobes thx for the help guys
any links for good plug sites for wood,horn and bone 34 mm +

http://www.bodyartforms.com - www.bodyartforms.com seems sweet
havent ever odered from there tho

I think you'll find that the majority of people on this site order from BAF. It's the best for eyelets, plugs, tapers etc.

:) good luck with the lobes, mine are at 35mm (1-3/8") and i do find that my steel tubes get colder a lot faster. Sometimes i massage them with emu oil before i go out and i find they stay warmer, you could try that..

good luck

-------------
ADD ME: http://www.myspace.com/degez - myspace.com/degez

Posted By: odinson2099
Date Posted: February/21/2008 at 5:55am
I add mine at 40mm but i stretch them 2 fast and ripped my lobes... now i olny have them at 36mm... :(

Posted By: Cale
Date Posted: February/21/2008 at 4:44pm
I'm at 39mm (just over 1 1/2"), and I've been stretching for seven years. I have the majority of ear problems in the winter, and wear only delrin or bone when it is cold. Stone and metals just make my ears freeze. I suggest staying away from long-term use of acrylic, especially in the colder months, as well as staying away from stretching when it's cold. If you have problems with the winter, your ears will be thankful for summer stretching and plugs that don't freeze your ears.

These are just some things I do though, but I've found them to be very useful and effective. Maybe they'll help you out too. :)

-------------
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
http://www.facebook.com/piercingbymisscale - facebook.

Date Posted: February/21/2008 at 7:56pm

All this advice is beast ...

i think i will wait for the weather to get a lil warmer before i consider streching again ,unless my ears get bigger

i have a serious love for wood plugs and eyelets at the moment ,call me a hippy but wood is gorgeous nature rocks

Will keepan eye out for a hat when i get a chance to hit the shops on sat

lil baked(excuse the grammer and spelling lol)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window