Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: Movies
Forum Discription: Movie reviews and such
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21656
Printed Date: December/05/2021 at 2:33am

Topic: What makes a good film for you?
Posted By: ShellBell93
Subject: What makes a good film for you?
Date Posted: May/19/2012 at 4:11pm
I'm curious as to what you think makes a film "good" or worth watching.

For me, I'm a horror movie fanatic. The more disturbing, the better. I love a film that makes me feel something and react to it, even if I don't feel anything good. If I feel physically sick after a film, or completely outraged, then it will stay with me and I will really enjoy it.
Eg. The Martyrs, Eraserhead, A Clockwork Orange.

What about you?

Replies:
Posted By: sh4ky
Date Posted: May/19/2012 at 4:28pm
Agreed, A Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece! And yes if a movie moves me it's enjoyable. I too usually go straight for the horror or evil suspense type films. BUT, my favorite film has to be Pans Labyrinth. It's just mesmerizing. The touchs of violence, the fantasy (and I am not usually a fantasy fan), the story, the setting, it has it all. Are there other films out there like it?

-------------
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be

Date Posted: May/20/2012 at 3:58am
I love Pans Labyrinth, for me the juxtaposition of childish fantasy against such a hard, violent adult world is captivating. I'm not familiar with a great deal of Del Torro's work (something I've been meaning to change) so I'm not sure, but if I find anything similar to Pans Labyrinth I'll let you know. I think Don't Be Afraid of the Dark combines that fantasy element with horror nicely tho.

Posted By: vampyr
Date Posted: May/20/2012 at 8:30am
Well i can honestly say i havent seen a horror movie that made feel somthing or react whit horror or disgust sinc i was a small child. Feel free to give me advice but then it should be sick beyond the normal. Not any hollywood crap.

Date Posted: May/20/2012 at 1:42pm
Are there any movies, aside from horror, that have made you feel something? What, to you, makes a good film?

Posted By: vampyr
Date Posted: May/20/2012 at 3:28pm
I like alot of different films, some are old classics wich means alot sinc i always wathced them as a kid, some are new, but i will give a small list with stuff i enjoy:

Old boy: Asian movies are so different, and this guy is great, such as his other movies.
Let me in: Cold, grey, sad, i love it.
Leon: A killer and a girl, great film always loved it.
The road: Yeat another sad movie, excellent!
The bridges of madison county: Oh so nice, real life stuff, not a happy ending but really good. Life aint always nice so why should all movies end nice.

Posted By: StepheAshl
Date Posted: October/25/2012 at 9:36pm
Are there other films out there like A Clockwork Orange?

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.dvdsetsbest.co.uk/goods-33-Doctor-Who-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING.html - Doctor Who 1 6 DVD box set
http://www.dvdsetsbest.co.uk/goods-1982-Game-Of-Thrones-Season-2-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING.html - Game Of Thrones 2 DVD box set

Print Page | Close Window