Print Page | Close Window

8 MONTH SWOLLEN PEIRCING

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: BodyMod Experiences
Forum Name: Piercing Experiences
Forum Discription: Want to tell us a story about your piercing experience?
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21504
Printed Date: July/01/2022 at 6:24am

Topic: 8 MONTH SWOLLEN PEIRCING
Posted By: vanityinsanity
Subject: 8 MONTH SWOLLEN PEIRCING
Date Posted: March/30/2012 at 12:01pm
I HAVE HAD ONE CHEEK PEIRCED FOR 8 MONTHS NOW! I GOT MY PEIRCING RING CHANGED JUST ONE SIZE DOWN AFTER 6 MONTHS OF HAVING IT IN. WHEN I GOT THE NEW PEIRCING RING I NOTICE THAT IT WAS PUSSING ALL OVER AGAIN THE WAY IT DID WHEN I FIRST GOT MY CHEEK PEIRCED. HERE WE ARE 2 MONTHS LATER AND I WAKE UP TO MY MOUTH SWOLLEN TO THE POINT WHERE IT HURTS TO THE TOUCH ON THE INSIDE! I JUST RINSED MY MOUTH OUT WITH MOUTH WASH AND CLEANED THE OUTSIDE WITH BACTICERINE BUT SHOULD I BE TAKING IT OUT? ITS SWOLLEN BAR TO BALL AND I NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE SO IM SCARED! PLEASE HELP ME

Replies:
Posted By: MontanaPiercer
Date Posted: March/30/2012 at 3:29pm

It could be a number of things. First to pop into my head is jewelry quality. Where did the jewelry come from, what material is it, how is the polish, etc.. Second, trauma during the change, did you have proper tools, did you wing it. Third, it may not have been healed completely, cheeks can take a very very very long time to heal.

Advice.... call or stop in to see your piercer. Dont use bactine or listerine which ever it was you were trying to spell. Alcohol free mouth washes used sparingly, sea salt soaks 3 or 4 times a day, and take some ibruprofen as directed on the bottle

and call your piercer. Never wait for a random answer on a internet web site. Even this one.

Oh, and I edited your post to remove the 'event' status.

-------------
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Posted By: erinarney
Date Posted: April/01/2012 at 2:04am
Is your jewelry internally or externally threaded? External threading can cause some serious irritation during a jewelry change no mater what the material it's made of. Cheek piercing are incredibly temperamental to say the least. In my experience cheek piercings are one of the most unsuccessful piercings you can get. (I'm hoping your piercer is reputable and discussed the piercing extensively with you.) Try doing hot compresses with camomile tea and rinsing with very warm sea salt.

-------------
rdhdedstpchld

Print Page | Close Window