Print Page | Close Window

Anti-piercing gun commercial

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: Body Mods
Forum Name: Piercings
Forum Discription: Stories, studio suggestions, questions, etc.
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21458
Printed Date: August/08/2022 at 7:21am

Topic: Anti-piercing gun commercial
Posted By: randy flagg
Subject: Anti-piercing gun commercial
Date Posted: March/19/2012 at 5:11pm
I posted this in another forum, but I would like to hear as many opinions as I can before tomorrow.

We are doing radio commercials for my shop tomorrow and I get one minute to explain why piercings guns are crap.

If you had one minute to tell the public why piercing guns are crap-o-la, what would you say?  

Replies:
Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: March/19/2012 at 5:50pm
So... safety is important and everything... but if I really want to convince the AVERAGE person that piercing guns are crap...

I let them know that piercings done with a gun are going to hurt worse, and take longer to heal.

As you know, there are PLENTY of other reasons why piercing guns suck, I just think that that particular reason works pretty well to change minds. I mean, the first question people ask when they see piercings is, "DID THAT HURT?" Everybody cringes at the thought of extra pain. Haha.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Posted By: Boogieforme
Date Posted: March/19/2012 at 6:00pm
I'm not a pro but just in case you'd like my 2 cents.

Crap because:
- Lack of sterilisation of a utensil that is used on everyone else! Enhances the chance of infection (which can vary from innocent to quite dangerous indeed)
- The staff did not receive proper education like many piercers have, results in crappy aftercare advice ("keep twisting it, use alcohol on it"), lack of knowlegde on pathogens and hygiene.
- The risk of shattering cartilage and tissue damage thanks to blunt earring shoved into ear.

If you only have one minute I'd take one or more of the above ones and if there is more time there are ofc the reasons stated below.

- Ear stud does not accommodate for swelling.
- Often not done in a clean environment.

EDIT:
That1chick has a point, I'd include that indeed ^_^

-------------
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -

Posted By: BigMikeHOOKED
Date Posted: March/19/2012 at 8:20pm
the fact that some 18 year old hipster watched a 20 minute video as training is another good point

-------------
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale

Posted By: pierced_celt
Date Posted: March/19/2012 at 8:35pm
Just be yourself n let your knowledge shine.i dont know you but in forums ive seen ur advice so I know that u know ur facts so just relax n b urself. PS a link to ur interview would b cool.

Posted By: JClaude
Date Posted: March/19/2012 at 10:14pm
You want a side of hurt and infection in your ear with that piercing gun?
Be smart, be informed, talk to a piercer!

-------------
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!

Posted By: mspiggy
Date Posted: March/22/2012 at 1:02pm
This is from our website but I did get it from someone else whom I gave full credit for :)
http://krazykatskc.com/content/?page_id=113 - http://krazykatskc.com/content/?page_id=113

-------------
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean

Posted By: h_musick
Date Posted: March/22/2012 at 10:30pm
A piercing gun? Id say:
Yuck... Unclean, painful, and the fact that someone else's skin could be on it (so I hear) is the most disgusting thing...

Posted By: MsAnn
Date Posted: March/22/2012 at 11:51pm
I've seen too many videos of piercing guns getting stuck on people after they've been pierced by it. Then piercing gets infected or ripped out because the gun got stuck.

I used to work in the mall and every time I would walk by claire's or pagoda, I would see them take the jewelry directly out of the case, rub some alcohol on the persons ear, pierce it, and then give them this disgusting "ear piercing solution" that their store sells ...that's pretty fuckin gross. Not to mention, they tell you to touch it and twist the piercing as it's healing. And 150% of the time, it's always some girl that either has messed up piercings herself or has never been in a tattoo/piercing shop.

It's just bad news bears all around.

Print Page | Close Window