Forum Name: General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Forum Discription: Talk about anything that pertains to BodyMod.org
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20889
Printed Date: July/05/2022 at 4:04pm

Topic: Nazi Tattoos
Posted By: Adam
Subject: Nazi Tattoos
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:08am
A buddy of mine recently commented on a Nazi tattoo that was recently done and how disturbed he was by it. This was then followed up by a ton of comments about how fucked it was to tattoo something like this on someone.

Here was my general comment:

"Let's look at this from a larger scope. The general agreement is that everyone doesn't like the tattoo because of the ideology that's behind the meaning. Now before I continue, let me say that I don't think killing jews is a good idea. Now with that out of the way, how much different is this than all the crazy satanic, anti-catholic tattoos that we all get and put on people? Both of them represent a supreme hatred towards something, that most people would deem to be good. It's just that "evil tattoos" are more mainstream now and socially acceptable. Tattooing satan disemboweling Jesus with mother mary getting fisted by demonic priests isn't exactly wholesome. All I'm saying is pick one. Either be anti-hate, or don't give a fuck. I'm on the don't give a fuck side myself. If someone wants a swastika with hitler butt-ramming a decaying jesus wearing a torra, go for it. But don't say "nazi's are bad" and then turn around and say nun-fisting is ok."

I would like to know your take on something like this. Are you close-minded like most of the commenters with a general, "nazi's are bad, you suck" message, or do you have something to offer? I'm hoping the members here will offer some more enlightened conversation.

.: Adam

edit: the artist of the original tattoo is Den Yakovlev

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Spammwise
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:29am
I agree completely, people should be able to believe what they want to believe. People are always going to have different views and opinions and I think they should be able to express those opinions if they feel it should be done. I've seen and heard people beaking tattoos with 'positive messages' and the same thing goes for that. People are people, people have opinions, people have voices,people are going to voice those views and what should it matter whether you like it or not.
Plus that is a beautiful tattoo.

Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 1:33am
my real issue with this kind of tattoo is the fact that it is extremely likely to regret it - if only because of getting fed up with all the negative feedback given by people. It isn't something one can easily walk around with on display - as it would cause way too many problems for its owner. Something like this has the potential of costing someone their job, for example. Sad, but true.

Comparing a nazi tattoo with satanic tattoos is debatable to me.  I also believe that such satanic tattoos can prove to be obstacles in life, however it is easier to get away with them due to the large number of horror films and bands using such artwork out there.

The tattoo itself is beautiful.

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Posted By: belle
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 4:19am
this is an awesomely well done tattoo...its detail is increadible. But for millions of people this will always be a symbol of hate.

-------------
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 4:43am
The quality of work on that tattoo is very high.

I personally am less judgemental about tattooed images than about script. If that person had JEW HUNTER tattooed on him then I would instantly make several negative conclusions. A person could have a tattoo of the Nazi flag for many reasons and not all of them would be negative. For example, the person could have a tattoo of the flags of all the major participant nations in the Second World War and this could just be the one we can see, or could have lost a relative during the war and wants this tattoo to remember them.

As for anti-Christian tattoos again I find images can have ambiguous meanings while script is normally very direct. I H8 JESUS or KILL THE POPE give a clear message, while an image of a monk being tortured by a demon could either be anti-Catholic or a devotional tattoo showing the Temptation Of Saint Anthony.
Obvioulsy anything blatantly sexual with religious figures is far less of a grey area. Also any tattoo that specifically goes against the etiquette of a faith (such as an image depicting the Prophet Muhammad who, in Islam, should never be made into an icon) is something I frown upon.

So, within reason, I am not inclined to judge tattooed images unless they are really blatant in their meaning.

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Posted By: INKstar
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 6:14am
wrong, wrong, wrong ...

Why do people always miss the most important point in discussions like that!? OK, as a german I might be indoctrinated by the system of manipulation installed by the victorious allied powers in europe after WWII ... but ... I can live with that ... it was a good time (almost 50 yrs. of peace) before germany was forced into wars like Afganistan and Iraq by those very same countries ... ha haa ...

Oooops ... Off Topic ...

So, to the point ... you miss one very important thing in your argumentation:

REALITY (history) vs. FICTION

While the regency of Satan and the end of all days etc. is still to be awaited (feared? anyone??) ... although someone could argue about Bush here but that would go off topic again ... the "3rd Reich" was real and actually DID happen ... AND ... may it be an american or german soldier or KZ survivor ... OUR family, friends, community, culture etc. has a very recent memory of that! Just to take away the next step ppl argue that Stalin did "the same" or China or Nero in Rome of whatever ... point is it actually happend and although we allow it still to happen (in Africa, Ex.Yugoslavia etc.) it is not comparable to any fiction ... and may it be the biggest fiction of religion ;-P

Soooooooooo ... would I drink a beer with a satanist? Sure! This guy might be dangerous with his Orc-Loving Tolkin Head with all that fiction in his mind ...

Would I drink a beer with a Nazi? Sure! If it was his last wish before execution ;-P

Although all this superiour race shit and such is fiction as well ... it has been become reality ... so unless Satan walks on earth don't give me arguments like that with Nazis not been worse that any Satan-Lovin-Metal Head ;-)

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 8:07am
Only thing I have against this tattoo is the continued misrepresentation of the Swastika.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: Chai
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 9:15am
I agree with you Adam and I agree with ZombiePhlegm.

I often question people with patches of crossed over swastikas  why the hell they are anti-buddhist. Wearing a patch like that is supporting that the nazis are allowed to use our symbol.

A little off topic but as usual I cant shut up. Sorry... 

-------------
Chai

CALM Bodymodification
Hornsgatan 47
SÖDERMALM/STOCKHOLM/SWEDEN
Tel.No: +46 (0)8 668 80 80
www.calmbodymod.com

Posted By: evalution
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 9:21am
i would love to be able to look at this and say, "oh look! a nazi flag! well, i'd never get that myself, but that's nice", but that's just not possible for me.

as a jew who has experienced hate crime, and i've said this before, it's hard to see swastikas that are not the nazi bastardization without thinking twice about why they are there. with this, it's hard to look at something representing the genocide of my relatives and not be more than uncomfortable, and i consider myself to be pretty open minded.

i agree with INKstar in that the nazis really did kill tons and tons of people. while there are cases of "satanists" killing people (and who knows how much propaganda went into those people being dubbed satanists), i don't see satanists as a group specifically targeting a population and or having killed off almost an entire people.

do i think people should be allowed to get such tattoos? yes, but if i were in public and saw that plastered across someone's arm, i would probably not approach the person. i don't think i should be expected to.

Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by evalution

i would love to be able to look at this and say, "oh look! a nazi flag! well, i'd never get that myself, but that's nice", but that's just not possible for me.

as a jew who has experienced hate crime, and i've said this before, it's hard to see swastikas that are not the nazi bastardization without thinking twice about why they are there. with this, it's hard to look at something representing the genocide of my relatives and not be more than uncomfortable, and i consider myself to be pretty open minded.

i agree with INKstar in that the nazis really did kill tons and tons of people. while there are cases of "satanists" killing people (and who knows how much propaganda went into those people being dubbed satanists), i don't see satanists as a group specifically targeting a population and or having killed off almost an entire people.

do i think people should be allowed to get such tattoos? yes, but if i were in public and saw that plastered across someone's arm, i would probably not approach the person. i don't think i should be expected to.

I suppose the defining factor is having the means to commit the atrocities that the group believes will better their lives.

I wish there was more that we could do to expunge the stain that's upon the symbol. Personally I react the same way that you do when I see someone with a swastika tattoo, it is safer to assume that the person is ignorant.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: applecuddles
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 10:49am
just a mesdsage to inkstar, although you put forward your point with some good factors you aswell are making a very common mistake. Now im not saying that religion is real i dont believe in god but that is not to say that it cannot offend people becuase it has the possability of not being true. You are being rather biased in the sense where you are stating that it is FACT that religion is fiction when actualy you will never know that and no one will. If someone was to take a beliefe that you had taken seriously for all your life or even just felt very passionatly about then you would be disturbed at the fact that its meaning is being abused.

I do think Adam has made a very good point and it can be included in the nazi flag tattoo can be included in a negative and abusive sort of field of messages. the person that got it tattooed might have something else in mind but in saying that he will also know that it will offend and must take that into concideration as it is obvious it shall happen so he has taken on a bit of a 'i dont give a shit about what you think or who i hurt' attitude which can be a bit imature. As for the artist he too must have this idea in his head and by exposing this as part of his work does have the possability of hurting his reputatyion as a person Not an artist because as we can see the work is done with great detail and great realistic design.

-------------
SOPHIE (L) AMII

Posted By: HOB1993
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:20am

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

ignorant image. whether it is aimed to cause offence or not whoever got this tattoo knew exactly what it symbolises and must of been a fool to still go and get it AND the artist (although his work is fucking sick) should of refused and im pretty sure here in england he would have been prosecuted

-------------
Helen xoxo

Posted By: broken
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:34am
The problem with Nazi-ism, is that over 10 million people were killed in the name of it in a short time. Whereas hundreds of millions of people have been killed in the name of religion over the centuries. So if you wanted to be pedantic, anyone with a religious tattoo could be seen to be a supporter of holy wars?

Personally I don't give a shit. Get whatever tattoo you want, just don't start crying if someone confronts you about it!

-------------

Posted By: MontanaPiercer
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:46am
I have never given a shit, and won't ever in the future. Would I do a nazi tattoo? damn right I would, If I have to do Catholic shit 2 or 3 times a week, why can't I do Nazi shit. The Catholics also attempted genocide, on Muslims, were responsible for far more deaths than the nazis and were even implicated in the hording of Jewish gold after the war. Careful where you draw your lines....

None of it has a damn thing to do with my own beliefs, so by my nature, and by default.... I don't give a shit

-------------
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Posted By: angelfetus
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:53am
yeah as much as I dislike the 'nazi' thing... it is just one 'villain' in the world. History is full of atrocities and for the most part we are oblivious, with wars... the winners dictate who the bad guy actually is!

and as stated lots already, i wouldnt get the tattoo, but some people obviously would, and to dictate what they can and can't do actually makes you no better them.

Posted By: LauraOhFace
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:58am
I do not see the problem with tattooing a flag/symbol like this, nor do I see a problem with tattooing a flag of anyone's beliefs. We are all entitled to believe in what we wish. Each to their own beliefs..

The Nazi's did some really awful stuff.. but like many have said.. they were not the only villians of the world.. We may not view these events as horrific as the holocaust events etc but hell, every nation has a "Hitler"

I bet some nations view viking tattoos and viking related symbols and think "Those bastards stormed our lands, pillaged our villages, raped our women and killed thousands"

A BETTER example would be tattoos depicting the United States Army Air Forces USAAF(or even a United states military flag of any nature) could offend Japanese people because of the 1945 atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.... the acute effects killed 90,000 -166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000-80,000 in Nagasaki, In both cities, most of the dead were civilians.....

Any tattoo has the chance of offending another purpose but no one really takes those into consideration.. Like religious tattoos etc.

It is exactly like he said "But don't say "nazi's are bad" and then turn around and say nun-fisting is ok."

So... Let people get what they want tattoos.

Posted By: WickedBody
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:37pm
Touchy subject.. But in the end, people can damn sure get what they want; They can also believe how they want, and act how they want. Doesn't mean I agree with it in the end. Doesn't mean I will befriend them. Some people find piercings offensive, now is that to the same extent of depicting some bigger evils that perhaps have killed thousands? No. But it's still offensive to some.

If some Nazi asshole wants to start storming around preaching his beliefs in my face, am I going to disagree? Of course. But if some religious nut job wants to do they same thing, I'm also not going to agree.The extent of my reaction will of course play into the degree in which they are attempting to convert me, or the topic at hand. Let people get what they want. Until they start to enforce their beliefs onto me, I frankly don't care. Just don't put it on me, and I won't have to retaliate ;)

Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:37pm
I think everyone has the right to get what they want tattooed...

But I also feel like I have the right to make personal judgments based on what I see.

So... sure... if someone wants a nazi tattoo... they should go for it. But if I am being completely honest, I am going to silently judge them.

I think that what you put on your body is a reflection of who you are, and if you are someone who is covered in tattoos of nuns being skull fucked by cartoon characters, I assume that you have some creepy shit going on in your life.

So basically, what I am saying is... if you want a Manson-style swastika in the middle of your forehead, go for it. But don't be offended when people see you and immediately cross the street to avoid you.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Posted By: jamie138
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 6:28pm
how much different is this than all the crazy satanic, anti-catholic tattoos that we all get and put on people? Both of them represent a supreme hatred towards something, that most people would deem to be good.

ok, i think this is the first flaw in your argument.

i don't know what your definition of 'most people' is, but i think unless you're catholic it's pretty easy to see why the catholic church is not good. if you want examples, historically there was the spanish inquisition and the crusades as two examples. more recently, aside from the everyday endorsement of hate, homophobia, intoloerance etc here's two links to give an idea of serious fucking damage catholism is conducting in the modern world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/17/pope-africa-condoms-aids

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7060406.ece

there're a lot more articles if you want further reading, these were two of the first results in google.

so in fact tattoos that are against catholism are very different to tattoos that condone the atrocities of the second world war. if i was a tattoo artist  i would refuse to do this, or any flag 'cept a black flag.

Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by jamie138

if you want examples, historically there was the spanish inquisition and the crusades as two examples.

You mean the Spainish Inquisition founded in 1482 by the King Of Spain under his own direct control. An organisation specifically designed to limit Papal authority and lessen Spainish dependence upon the Catholic legal systems formerly controlled by Rome? An organisation which did not after 1509 did not allow any accused person to have contact with the Vatican?

Because to my mind it is not a very applicable example.

-------------

Posted By: SteveSirenic
Date Posted: September/27/2011 at 8:29pm
Honestly, it's a flag that a lot of good people died by. I don't see the issue. That's not an antisemitic thing to say either.

How much did German soldiers really differ from the Allied troops? It's regardless anyway. It's a good tattoo that's all that matters.

-------------
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 5:49am
Originally posted by HOB1993

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

ignorant image. whether it is aimed to cause offence or not whoever got this tattoo knew exactly what it symbolises and must of been a fool to still go and get it AND the artist (although his work is fucking sick) should of refused and im pretty sure here in england he would have been prosecuted

Nope in England you really wouldn't get prosecuted. There are no laws that would cover that at all.

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by LucieMay

Originally posted by HOB1993

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Nope in England you really wouldn't get prosecuted. There are no laws that would cover that at all.

+1

Edited to add:

It's not too different from collecting Nazi paraphernalia. There's nothing wrong with collecting it, both socially and legally. Though it is something that if you're smart you're not going to show to everyone that walks past your house.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: HappyPlace
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 8:18am
nazis are bad and ideology works 90% for hooligans who use it for a reason to fight and make trouble.
comparing to satanic tattoo is not right thing to do. cristianity is fairy tale, nazi are fucking real and agressive(like christianity 600 years ago)

but...

body modification, tattoo and piercing website is for this stuff, and tattoo is good quality and person who have tattoo have the balls or stupidity to do it...
I think tattoo of nazi stuff is the same like tattoo of a dick on a forehead - I am sure if someone have it, he loves it, but it takes a lot of questions to answer

Posted By: HappyPlace
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 8:19am
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321543_219564334769888_100001489686218_583335_353389749_n.jpg

here is one not so amazing quality, but still same theme

Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 1:41pm
I wonder how many, if any of us, have actually studied the Nazis? I don't mean at high school or by watching a few shows on TV, really studied them by doing stuff like reading their manifesto, watching tapes of their speeches etc. I know I haven't, which kinda means I am passing judgement from a position of ignorance which is not ideal.

(Edited for a spelling error)

-------------

Posted By: mspiggy
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 2:59pm
I think it's just getting a little bit personal, especially for those who survive the Lococaust and their family. The debate of this topic is similar to those who get serial killers tattooed on themselves because to those who are personally, directly or even indirectly, in contact with such evil, the feeling toward such tattoos is really overwhelming.

Should I give a damn? No, but I will absolutely, silently and negatively judge the person who have such tattoos.

-------------
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean

Posted By: BigMikeHOOKED
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 3:18pm
A person has the right to get whatever they want tattooed on them

And everyone else has the right to their reaction upon seeing it.

-------------
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale

Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by mspiggy

I think it's just getting a little bit personal, especially for those who survive the Lococaust and their family. The debate of this topic is similar to those who get serial killers tattooed on themselves because to those who are personally, directly or even indirectly, in contact with such evil, the feeling toward such tattoos is really overwhelming.

Should I give a damn? No, but I will absolutely, silently and negatively judge the person who have such tattoos.

Lol.

-------------

Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Keiran1980

Originally posted by jamie138

if you want examples, historically there was the spanish inquisition and the crusades as two examples.

You mean the Spainish Inquisition founded in 1482 by the King Of Spain under his own direct control. An organisation specifically designed to limit Papal authority and lessen Spainish dependence upon the Catholic legal systems formerly controlled by Rome? An organisation which did not after 1509 did not allow any accused person to have contact with the Vatican?

Because to my mind it is not a very applicable example.

yeah fair enough, but the rest stand right? especially the contempary stuff.

Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 5:56pm

I wonder how many, if any of us, have actually studied the Nazis? I don't mean at high school or by watching a few shows on TV, really studied them by doing stuff like reading their manifesto, watching tapes of their speeches etc. I know I haven't, which kinda means I am passing judgement from a position of ignorance which is not ideal.

(Edited for a spelling error)

not done much research out side of high school, but this flag is still used by national socialists/ fascist around the world and knowing their views by reading stormfront stickers and posters on the street, seeing them at protests etc. i feel i am adequately informed to pass judgement on using this image, i highly doubt the person who got this tattoo doesn't have far right wing/ fascist viewpoints, which go against my view points to an extreme which goes beyond the ability for compromise.

Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 8:14pm

I wonder how many, if any of us, have actually studied the Nazis? I
don't mean at high school or by watching a few shows on TV, really
studied them by doing stuff like reading their manifesto, watching tapes
of their speeches etc. I know I haven't, which kinda means I am passing judgement from a position of ignorance which is not ideal. (Edited for a spelling error)

I've done a little independent research over the years. It's a political movement that I have a lot of respect for... though I have little admiration. I hope that makes sense.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: mspiggy
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by metalbabe

Originally posted by mspiggy

Lol.

Hehehe sorry, Holocaust..where does Autocorrect when one needs it? :P

-------------
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean

Posted By: MontanaPiercer
Date Posted: September/28/2011 at 10:35pm
Freedom of speech is most important when the topic is the most controversial....

-------------
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Posted By: 2intheink
Date Posted: September/29/2011 at 2:22pm
wow fags way to drink that hater-aid, who cares id its fucked up in ideaology its his skin not yours, now let focus on the real important part: the artwork this tattoo artist did a stunning job with the detail and shading and lining so shut the fuck up

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: September/29/2011 at 3:03pm
Do I think they should be banned? No.

Do I like them? Absolutely not.

I believe in freedom of expression, and no censorship. Having said that, that doesn't mean I have to like everything that people do. Anti-religious tattoos are not the same as nazi tattoos. The Holocaust was real, actual people were affected by it. Satan isn't real. End of story.

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: WickedBody
Date Posted: September/29/2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by 2intheink

wow fags way to drink that hater-aid, who cares id its fucked up in ideaology its his skin not yours, now let focus on the real important part: the artwork this tattoo artist did a stunning job with the detail and shading and lining so shut the fuck up
Probably the most articulate response I've ever heard. Nice first post...

Posted By: TattooBox
Date Posted: September/30/2011 at 7:15pm
Wow. Such a cool topic. So baby let's roll.

Since world war 2, jewish propaganda has created a new crime, antisemitism. Being called antijew nowadays equals to be nazi, that is it's more or less like you're Satan.

Now, facts.

Jews claim they're the chosen people. Therefore I guess I'm not. In their view, I'm inferior.

Jews have always been eradicated or chased away quite regularly, from Babylon, Israel, then ancient Egypt, then Israel again by Roma, then spain, italy, poland, russia, france... and last time it was in Germany, 70 years ago. Can ALL THOSE PEOPLE who have lived with the jews have been totally wrong?

They're the only nation that has ever worshiped a bank (solomon's temple, filled up with gold).

They stick to power and money like a flee onto shit. And they help each other to achieve those goals. When they help each other to achieve higher positions in societies, they are PURE RACISTS. Like they always were since THEY ORIGINATELY INVENTED THAT CONCEPT claiming to be chosen by God.

So I certainly agree that the shoah wasn't a nice thing, but I'm armenian myself, my nation has also suffered a genocide, and nobody makes big deal today of turkish flag tattooed.

Thus, where's the problem with a swastika? Where's the problem with extreme right? Why don't they have the right to express their ideas and opinions freely? If they can't do it freely, the only explanation is that it's because we live in fascist systems... in jewish mediatic fascist systems, right?

-------------
When you have a arguement with an idiot, the most tangible proof that he's an idiot is his unability to leave peacefully a discussion that can obviously bring nothing.

Posted By: TattooBox
Date Posted: September/30/2011 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by thesounknown

I believe in freedom of expression, and no censorship. Having said that, that doesn't mean I have to like everything that people do. Anti-religious tattoos are not the same as nazi tattoos. The Holocaust was real, actual people were affected by it. Satan isn't real. End of story.

Having a bit of culture helps in life to avoid to display a bit too abruptly your stupidity. Nazis haven't killed 0.1% of those who were killed in the name of God.

In 20th century, communism has killed ten times more than nazism.

Nazism wasn't the nicest creation, but wouldn't we stand that permanent jewish mediatic propaganda, we would see clearly that Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, for instance, were nowhere better than Hitler.

-------------
When you have a arguement with an idiot, the most tangible proof that he's an idiot is his unability to leave peacefully a discussion that can obviously bring nothing.

Posted By: deasaskesq
Date Posted: October/01/2011 at 8:44am
great topic, how come people dont get tattoos for the labor or liberal party or the republicans? that would be interesting. in fact, does anyone on here have a politically inspired tattoo that's "mainstream" for want of a better word? i'd like to see a republican elephant or an ALP tattoo (australian labor party) just to gauge everybody's reaction, or lack thereof. surely there's someone as passionate about carbon tax as there is about xenophobia or the salvation of man? c'mon lets see em!

-------------
de@$@$ke$q

Date Posted: October/01/2011 at 9:19am
Originally posted by deasaskesq

great topic, how come people dont get tattoos for the labor or liberal party or the republicans? that would be interesting. in fact, does anyone on here have a politically inspired tattoo that's "mainstream" for want of a better word? i'd like to see a republican elephant or an ALP tattoo (australian labor party) just to gauge everybody's reaction, or lack thereof. surely there's someone as passionate about carbon tax as there is about xenophobia or the salvation of man? c'mon lets see em!

Politically minded tattoos that show support for a certain party would probably only provoke a reaction from the most close-minded people.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: piercer adam
Date Posted: October/03/2011 at 7:10pm
it is not your job to regret other peoples tattoo's or life choices.
if they want that, let them have it. I'd rather see it and know with what kind of person i am dealing with.
freedom of choice is for every individual.

-------------
pierce thy neighbor

Posted By: DTown8705
Date Posted: October/06/2011 at 2:30pm
Im just one of the i dont give a fuck people...who am i to judge what other people put on there body.

Posted By: Jase Modz
Date Posted: January/07/2012 at 1:58pm

Ok after edititng this post for the 3rd time... and giving it some thought heres what i have to say_______     Gosh, why do you want to make people mad at you?  I think in this day, that is a little dated?  and I am not happy with seeing that, b/c here is why: hmmm... i think its ignorant.. IF you can stick that on you body, then should I be able to stick that on my body and make it out even better/and exuberant and not recieve any STATIC!!!! from you, becuase that is not your symbol, America is for eveyone, and eveyone is doing what everyone els is anyway... your misley little belief, doesnt retain, or pertain....   People dont like Americans and you want to continue to spread hate, when all of this hate can cause not only America problems, but people thoughout the world!!!!     I just believe if you did not do that for a lil attention, and mischievousness, then we wouldnt be talking about this,     THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOME CHANGES..... that said, its sad, im not stoked.

Posted By: feministpizza
Date Posted: January/08/2012 at 2:04am
Like others have said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

That said, I am also entitled to think you're an asshole, right?

I think that's fair.

Posted By: thatuglydog
Date Posted: January/08/2012 at 3:41pm
Beautiful tattoo, though i dont agree with it.

I'm seeing a lot of debate about jews... not ONLY jews were murdered in the holocaust, dont forget that.

-------------
I am ugly to them,
I am ugly to you.
If i keep trying,
Then I might be beautiful.

Posted By: DisturbingNoise
Date Posted: January/08/2012 at 5:09pm
If I saw this guy on the street I would have to ask him if I could get a picture of it. It is an amazing tattoo. I like learning about Nazis and Hitler. Hitler was a great powerful man and did do a bit of good. I'm not saying killing all those people was a good thing but if he hadn't things would be different and maybe not for the good. It was an important point in history. Not all Nazis were evil people. They were just following orders. All soldiers do the same thing. They follow the orders they are given.

I myself have a swastika on my little finger. I even shaved one into my hair in school so I could educate people about it.

Tattoo box mentioned being Armenian. The Armenian genocide was the reason the word genocide was created. I just thought I'd bring this up here since it's semi on topic and it needs to be brought to light.

Anyway it is his body to do what he wishes, and it is our right to think what we want about it. But don't judge him for it. You don't know why he has it. At least find out why then make your judgment.

Posted By: belle
Date Posted: January/08/2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by DisturbingNoise

If I saw this guy on the street I would have to ask him if I could get a picture of it. It is an amazing tattoo. I like learning about Nazis and Hitler. Hitler was a great powerful man and did do a bit of good. I'm not saying killing all those people was a good thing but if he hadn't things would be different and maybe not for the good. It was an important point in history. Not all Nazis were evil people. They were just following orders. All soldiers do the same thing. They follow the orders they are given.

I myself have a swastika on my little finger. I even shaved one into my hair in school so I could educate people about it.

Tattoo box mentioned being Armenian. The Armenian genocide was the reason the word genocide was created. I just thought I'd bring this up here since it's semi on topic and it needs to be brought to light.

Anyway it is his body to do what he wishes, and it is our right to think what we want about it. But don't judge him for it. You don't know why he has it. At least find out why then make your judgment.
a bit of good???? oh this just got good. *graps popcorn*

-------------
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Date Posted: January/08/2012 at 7:51pm
He _is_ responsible for the VW Beetle.....

-------------

Date Posted: January/08/2012 at 7:51pm
Uh, I guess.
But I think the world would have functioned just fine w/o it.

Posted By: thatuglydog
Date Posted: January/09/2012 at 2:00pm
Hitler was indeed an amazing and smart man and I love learning more about him and the Nazis in general. I dont agree with them at all and perhaps have a bit of hatred toward them since I've met an actual survivor before (schools, y'know?). At the same time, no one can deny that he was a genius. Not sure about him doing much good, though.

-------------
I am ugly to them,
I am ugly to you.
If i keep trying,
Then I might be beautiful.

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: January/09/2012 at 6:52pm
I have swatiskas in my side piece. I'm not a neonazi. I'm not a supremacist. If someone calls it a Nazi sign I'm quick to correct them. You can agree or not. I really don't give two shits. It's pure ignorance to not listen to the reason behind the tattoo and the original, and still held to this day, meaning of the symbol.

His tattoo is the flag, huge difference compared to mine... but at the end of the day, you can get whatever the hell you want tattooed on you. I don't go around telling people they shouldn't get tattoos of Jesus on him though I believe he is a fictional character and is the reason for most of the hate and killing in the world because of a stupid book. Personal opinion there but shit, "killing in the name of God" ... sounds legit to me ... Nothing

-------------
Don't judge me monkey...

Date Posted: January/09/2012 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by feministpizza

Uh, I guess.
But I think the world would have functioned just fine w/o it.

no idea which world you live in if you think that this world could've functioned well without the Beetle

-------------

Posted By: DisturbingNoise
Date Posted: January/09/2012 at 8:12pm
There is a lot of good Hitler did. A simple google search of "the good Hitler did" will show you. Yes he is the reason a lot of people died but it all brought out a lot of good. He is the reason for kindergarten, that's one of the many good things he did.

Posted By: Wallie
Date Posted: January/25/2012 at 12:13am
i wanna see these "nun's fisting" tattoo's.

IMO everyone's entitled to there opinions & belief's, but the tattoo is very well done & the artist should be proud of producing good work, & i imagine the artists is in the same boat as not giving a f**k

personally i wouldnt get a tattoo of a nazi flag, but i have relatives who know people that lived through that & i wouldnt hear the end of it.

-------------

Posted By: INKLIZRD
Date Posted: January/25/2012 at 1:14am
The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.

Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.

Old thread ... but lak of sleep ... Had to add my 2 cents

Date Posted: January/25/2012 at 5:32pm
Let's not conflate nazi tattoos and swastikas then, seeing as there is an obvious difference. Anyways, your body, your problem.

Posted By: Rotshreck357
Date Posted: February/21/2012 at 3:56pm

This actually hits home for me. My local tatoo/piercing place has a piece of flash up on the wall, it's a skeleton wearing an Imperial Japanese Navy flight suit and helmet, a rising sun flag as part of the background, and it say "kamikaze" on it. Now, the Japanese are sometimes viewed (incorrectly) as being less evil than the Nazis, but I'm torn about getting it. 

I don't identify with what the regime did, but to me it symbolizes one warrior, willing to give away his life in an ultimately futile gesture to defend his country and way of life. In the end, it's what soldiers on every side in every war have done.

One the other hand, it's still a loaded image, and  how many people are gonna take the time to talk to you and ask you why you got it?

Posted By: PeterAlsen
Date Posted: February/22/2012 at 6:27pm
Some of the best things in my wonderful socialist country is child support, workers getting money when they're unemployed or sick, parents receiving full pay whilst being home with their child (perhaps that goes in under child support but I was just thinking about money when writing that).
Our socialist party took these ideas from the german Nazi party, thank you Hitler! :)

And then fuck you Hitler for destroying the Swastika and killing all those people, be they jews or germans or whatever.

Posted By: arigatou
Date Posted: March/11/2012 at 9:31pm
My personal reaction when I see someone in the same way with Nazi tattoos, it is safe to assume that people are ignorant.

-------------
http://www.meritline.com/hp-940xl-ink-remanufactured-with-oem-chip-combo-4---p-41230.aspx - HP 940XL

Posted By: Lovecat13
Date Posted: April/23/2012 at 2:47pm
I accept that the Swastika was originally a Buddhist peace symbol, but no-one views it as such it is seen as a sign of an awful part of history, i personally think that person got that tattoo for this precise reason, to cause controversy, to be talked about, to be questioned etc, I think personally forget the idiot that had the tattoo and let that be it. I personally think people should be able to express themselves how they want without being judged, is he a nazi loving peace of scum or a national socialist who admired the brains of Hitler, he was an intelligent man with a smart idea that wasn't executed very smartly!! let the person have the tattoo as a way of expression at least he isn't murdering people in their millions to get his point across?!

-------------
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.

Jimi Hendrix

Posted By: D3FiANC3
Date Posted: June/27/2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Adam

Now with that out of the way, how much different is this than all the crazy satanic, anti-catholic tattoos that we all get and put on people? Both of them represent a supreme hatred towards something, that most people would deem to be good. It's just that "evil tattoos" are more mainstream now and socially acceptable. Tattooing satan disemboweling Jesus with mother mary getting fisted by demonic priests isn't exactly wholesome. All I'm saying is pick one. Either be anti-hate, or don't give a fuck. I'm on the don't give a fuck side myself. If someone wants a swastika with hitler butt-ramming a decaying jesus wearing a torra, go for it. But don't say "nazi's are bad" and then turn around and say nun-fisting is ok."

I would like to know your take on something like this. Are you close-minded like most of the commenters with a general, "nazi's are bad, you suck" message, or do you have something to offer? I'm hoping the members here will offer some more enlightened conversation.

.: Adam

edit: the artist of the original tattoo is Den Yakovlev

Satanism isn't about hating Catholics any more so than Catholicism is about hating Satan.  Someone who gets a tattoo of "satan disemboweling Jesus" isn't a true Satanist, but rather just some immature little boy who is trying to anger religious individuals just for the sake of pissing them off.  I don't know what world you live in, but such images are most certainly not any more socially acceptable than swastikas and so forth.  They may be fine amongst an individual's little group of angst-ridden, juvenile, death metal buddies, but not within mainstream society.

Nazis are bad, as are any group whose primary or sole purpose is to promote hatred towards others solely because of their ethnicity, skin color, etc. If you are  a Catholic and promote hatred of gays or Muslims, then I'll toss your ass in the same boat with the Nazis.
Now I personally wouldn't get a tattoo from someone like Den, nor would I get one from someone who is a known child molester.  I am far too principled a person to support some shitbag like that.  I realize that many people are willing to compromise their beliefs or look the other way as it were, in order to get what they want.  Look at how many people were willing to look the other way while Jerry Sandusky molested dozens of children over the course of several decades - all because he was a good football coach.  Someone who is willing to get inked by a Nazi, child molester, or rapist isn't a bad person; they're just weak.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

Posted By: asherjones
Date Posted: July/31/2012 at 2:12am
Above all......we should not get any religious design or anything like that.....which can hurt other's sentiments....!! We have loads of things in this world to make a tattoo...!!

-------------
https://www.onlinetattoowholesale.com/ - Affordable Tattoo Supplies

Posted By: MeanMug
Date Posted: September/21/2012 at 2:00am

That Tattoo, is very well done. The shading is superb, the colors came out really well.

I love art and I feel that everyone should be allowed to express themselves, but the image itself represents Hate. The image from an artistic view is excellent, but what it represents is disgusting. I know I am comming off very harsh, but that is the way I feel. Everyone has the right to express themselves and a tattoo of the swastika represents that they are down with the Third Riech. It represents that they support the holocaust and that they are superior to other individuals. The holocaust was One of many horrific stains in the pages of history and I would not associate with someone like that.
A tat artist has to make a buck. If you have no bias towards a peice you are going to do, then by all means, bust it out.
Anyones beliefs and actions can and will insult someone. Hate is in our nature. We are the only creatures on this planet who routinely destroy one another for reasons other than for survival. With that said, Love is also in our nature. It is easier to hate someone than it is to look past our predjudeces and Love someone.

Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: September/21/2012 at 9:41am
I completely disagree. All images are up for interpretation, but a tattoo means what the wearer thinks it means.

This is an old ass thread, and I'm not re-reading it, but I suggest you DO read it. I remember people giving a lot of possible "meanings" of the tattoo that AREN'T nazi-support.

And swastikas, as a symbol, are especially open to interpretation. Yes, the nazis used the symbol to be hateful, but that is NOT what the swastika represented when it was used over and over and over again in multiple cultures for thousands of years, and that's not what it means to most of the people who wear it now.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Print Page | Close Window