Print Page | Close Window

Comic books.

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: Books / Periodicals
Forum Discription: What are you reading?
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20769
Printed Date: November/28/2021 at 2:46am

Topic: Comic books.
Posted By: LexLuthor
Subject: Comic books.
Date Posted: August/26/2011 at 9:38am
I had a quick look about and assume this is the right area for this to be.
Anyone else read comics?
Graphic novels or monthly issues?
Any comics read in years gone by?

I personally started reading 2000AD from a very young age and grew into reading horror comics based on the writings of Lovecraft before really getting into any more standard superhero style lines.

Replies:
Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: August/26/2011 at 2:38pm
I am one for online comics.

That being said, I am in the process of collecting the Sandman graphic novels [and  I also own The Absolute Death and Marvel's 1602] - all of them being works by Neil Gaiman.

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Posted By: Nightshade82
Date Posted: August/26/2011 at 3:14pm
I fairly recently found a series called Gloom Cookie which I plan on buying more of.
I also love the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and Nemi comics.
Huge new fan of ctrl:alt:del online comic.

Posted By: stillill
Date Posted: August/30/2011 at 10:34am
First graphic novels I got into were The Amory War series.

The Killing Joke (hardcover!) and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth just came in the mail for me today.. I am so psyched! Already read The Killing Joke with Comical but I am very pleased to now own it. Probably gonna read AA later today after my class.

I'm not a huge fan of comics in general, but I have been really into the Batman/Gotham story/universe for a few months now.. Do not like campy '60's Adam West Batman, and the Animated Series is entertaining but necessarily childish. I love the scary stuff. But this post is kind of including movies, tv shows, comic books, graphic novels, etc hahaha..  I just looked i n here because those came in the mail and I wanted to see if there was a place for me to post about it ahaha ;X

-------------
Soon you'll be
more tree
than person.

You'll go camping
in the woods
and never come back.

Posted By: Eui1337
Date Posted: August/30/2011 at 2:23pm
the only series i've read all the way was JTHM. and i'm definitely more of a web comic person. i read 20+ on a regular basis.but i'd love to read some X-men or Spiderman.

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Posted By: bondagekitten
Date Posted: August/30/2011 at 7:25pm
I tend to read more manga comics than Marvel or online stuff. Got all of Love Hina and Chobits, we're working on Ranma 1/2 and Sgt Frog as well as a few odds and sods just now. 

-------------
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)

Date Posted: August/31/2011 at 7:57am
Originally posted by metalbabe

I am one for online comics.That being said, I am in the process of collecting the Sandman graphic novels [and  I also own The Absolute Death and Marvel's 1602] - all of them being works by Neil Gaiman.

Sandman I still need to read, 1602 is an amazing story though. Just a pity the books that came after the main line sucked.

Posted By: Grace Quirrel
Date Posted: October/24/2011 at 3:31pm
I'm more a 'graphical novel' person than a comic person but I think that's just because I've yet to find a comic series I like, other than Nemi.

I love Neil Gaiman and have finally got around to buying my own edition of Never where.  Ended up having a debate with a colleague his morning about V for Vendetta and the protests.  My friend's reasoning was that, since Guy Fawkes was a) a scapegoat and b) an idiot, the protesters are just illustrating that they missing the point.  But I would say, since a lot of them will be basing it on the film, they've missed the point anyway.  Yes, my lunchtimes are just that fun at work.

I'm currently in Y: the Last Man, which I'm finding good but a little difficult slow at times.

I generally prefer the anime to manga, but Love Hina, Model, Kiss me Kill me and a few others sit happily on my shelf.

Date Posted: November/23/2011 at 6:12am
Y is one I've wanted to read for a while.
I just finished getting the newest series by Jonathan Hickman, The Red Wing, which was absolutely spectacular on all fronts.

Posted By: wetizm
Date Posted: November/26/2011 at 12:18am
Damn.. Grew Up Reading All Things Marvel. X Men & Weapon X Bein Favorites.
Some Spawn. Sleepwalker. Batman. Superboy.
Last Set I Started Reading (A Few Years Back) Was The Marvel Civil War Chronicles. Awesome Story. Been A While Though. 

Posted By: wetizm
Date Posted: March/21/2013 at 4:02pm
The most recent comics/ graphic novels ive read are;
Batman: Gotham Shall Be Judged
Batman: Year One
Both awesome.!

Posted By: Herzeleid14
Date Posted: March/21/2013 at 8:43pm
When i was younger, i read all the JTHM comics.
Now i read The Walking Dead comics as they come out, much better than the show in my opinion.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window