Print Page | Close Window

punch and taper

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: BMod Professional's Corner
Forum Name: Q&A for BMod Professionals
Forum Discription: Ask your question's here! Only professional piercers, tattoo artists, and modifiers are allowed to reply to the posts.
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20536
Printed Date: July/03/2022 at 11:20am

Topic: punch and taper
Posted By: danny666
Subject: punch and taper
Date Posted: July/01/2011 at 5:54pm
i'm looking for informations on doing surface piercing the punch and taper method i've done some research which helped some what but still would like to find more information.

Replies:
Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: July/02/2011 at 3:42pm
What are you wanting to know?

Posted By: danny666
Date Posted: July/14/2011 at 1:19pm
just mostly general information.

Posted By: Rasputin Sane
Date Posted: August/03/2011 at 9:55pm
It took a long time for me to accept the punch and taper method - I don't know why; perhaps arrogance or fear. I have to say that I'm a convert and find it less traumatic and more viable of a method. Of course, I don't know how to put it to words without demonstrating how it's done but I'm sure if you poke around a bit you will find someone skilled in that method to show you or someone that's descriptive in wording. Tommy Town is quite the skilled body mod artist and he has a you tube account. Make sure you're comfortable with it before you do it though and get threaded tapers from someone like LeRoi, Industrial Strength, or NeoMetal or you'll be in for a bit of frustration getting in your surface bar in because there's no clamps involved.

Posted By: BigMikeHOOKED
Date Posted: August/04/2011 at 4:09pm
youtube videos? really?! BAd idea man. Seek out an experienced piercer whom you trust and is willing to walk you through it (IN PERSON). Watching a video is no way to learn a new technique. 

-------------
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale

Date Posted: August/04/2011 at 4:25pm
Mike,

I hope you actually read what I said and didn't take my post as an actual tip to watch the one video of one procedure to learn the technique.

Date Posted: August/04/2011 at 6:47pm
After re-reading my post, I see how ambiguous I left it, sorry. Yeah, Danny, don't go thinking that the video is going to teach you or give you the skill. I don't know how I missed that, I'm only on here at work because I leave the laptop here so I don't allow myself to fall into living my life vicariously through the interwebs so I'll just make that my excuse for now - silly work!

Posted By: BigMikeHOOKED
Date Posted: August/04/2011 at 10:14pm
sorry to call you out so harshly brother. No disrespect intended

-------------
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale

Date Posted: August/05/2011 at 2:45pm
Oh, no worries, my fault for not clarifying in my post - good call.

Print Page | Close Window