Print Page | Close Window

Shaved?

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: General Chit-Chat
Forum Name: General Talk About Anything
Forum Discription: Talk about anything your little modded heart desires!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20444
Printed Date: June/25/2022 at 4:21am

Topic: Shaved?
Posted By: merrry
Subject: Shaved?
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 12:55am
It was mentioned in another topic that people seem to treat women differently when they have a shaved head. I just wanted to know your status and opinion.

Currently my head is shaved, and I noticed that it generates more negative remarks than my visible mods, especially from people who know me and know I do it by choice. Mad

Please share your stories here.Hug 

-------------
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!

Replies:
Posted By: tattooedtrish
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 2:25am
Mine was shaved bald this time last year. My boyfriend LOVED the way it looked, some of my co-workers at the time & family members liked it, everyone else seemed to hate it. I didn't like it at first, but once it started growing a bit I liked the shortness. I did it because it's something I had always wanted to do.

I think some women are beautiful bald.  I got a LOT more stares (some rude, others not) while bald than I do now when I'm wearing my facial jewelry. I don't really remember any specific comments I got, although I remember a couple people asking if I had cancer.

-------------
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Posted By: freckled20
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 4:00am
I just get the weird/quizzical looks. I started shaving my hair for personal reasons but to be honest, I find that I don't really want hair now because I can't be bothered to sit there and make it look nice lol I like having a shaved head though- very convenient for me

-------------
Don't judge me monkey...

Posted By: xjessiex
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 4:11am

I had my head shaved after I decided my mohawk looked stupid on me...I kept my fringe though. I grew it out when i realised how much grey I had coming through (i'm 24) o_O kinda hard to keep hair coloured when its so short!

When I first shaved it was liberating...after a while I didn't feel very feminine though, but I constantly think of shaving it off again.

I think chicks with a shaved head are incredibly smexy!

-------------
"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."

Posted By: xjessiex
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 4:13am

Sorry- double post.

-------------
"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 10:28am
I find shaved heads to be incredibly attractive, especially on women.

This poll doesn't seem to include me though! I keep a good portion of my hair shaved! :P

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: grundstuck
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 12:15pm
I had my sides almost completely shaved in the past. I have short hair now but i would really like to shave completely in the future, just to see how my head looks.

I like women without hair too!

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 1:06pm
I have hair at the moment but maybe not for long...

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Posted By: tattooedtrish
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 1:34pm
Odd thing is when I have the sides of my head shaved (completely bald) people don't give me a second look.. unless my mohawk is up, but even then I don't really hear or see anything negative.

-------------
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Posted By: cryptorchild
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 2:53pm
i think some girls look beautiful with a shaved head :) i

Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 3:03pm
i voted yes, even though it is curr3ently a mohawk - that means 2/3rds of my head is shaved. people grew used to me having shaved hair. i actually get strange looks if i have hair nowadays

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Posted By: thesounknown
Date Posted: June/05/2011 at 4:16pm
I've had a mohawk before, so most of my hair was shaved.  Now, I only have the left side shaved.  I've always wanted to shave my whole head, but my boyfriend says if I do, he'll shave his too (he has beautiful dreadlocks).  Maybe someday!

I don't think I get a lot of stares about my shaved part, but that's only because people are constantly staring at me for other things.  The parts of my head that aren't shaved are rainbow dreads (currently).  Plus, I get remarks on my octo tattoo daily.  I think people are too distracted by these things to notice part of my head is shaved.  I've had one guy pet me today, and another take a picture of me.

-------------
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.

Posted By: INKLIZRD
Date Posted: June/06/2011 at 9:01am
currently re-growing a mohawk ... but any hair on me over an 1" / 2.5 cm
I find irratataing ... of the females with shaved headz ... I say hell YA !!!

... met a cute little blonde waitress that I invited out after work ... for a few drinks ... she showed up with a shaved head & leather jacket with betty boop painted on the back  ( waynes world ... SHWWWING !!! ) ... I didn't even realize it was a wig for work ... LOL ... one of the Koolest chicks I have met ...

-------------

Posted By: Linflas
Date Posted: June/06/2011 at 9:16am
Originally posted by xjessiex

I had my head shaved after I decided my mohawk looked stupid on me...I kept my fringe though. I grew it out when i realised how much grey I had coming through (i'm 24) o_O kinda hard to keep hair coloured when its so short!

When I first shaved it was liberating...after a while I didn't feel very feminine though, but I constantly think of shaving it off again.

I think chicks with a shaved head are incredibly smexy!

you are right Jessie.... it looks sexy! :)
and you looked also sexy that time! xD

Date Posted: June/06/2011 at 2:14pm
THis Reply was sent via Message and I'll share it here:
Sent By : Mizzbee666
Sent : Monday, June 06, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Hello, hun.
I can't reply to your shaved head forum (Damn public computers).  So I thought I'g reply through this (hope you don't mind).
Like we've discussed before....  Shaved heads on women look ACE!
I used to have a completely bald head (once the hair grew back I had many other styles.  Than I had a mohican (shaved on sides).  Now my hair is shaved on both sides and the back, I have some hair on the top on my head and a fringe.  I love my hair...  I love the freedom that shaven gives me.
Due to my frequent hair changes...  wigs would be worn, but now i just work with my hair like this.  Discrimination comes easy, but fuck it....  I like to look like ME!!!
I get some nice comments and a lot of stares.  We shouldn't hold back being who we are just because society praises. accepts, loves and promotes conformity.
Be proud to be who you are.
Long rant, I know. But some things need to be said.  :D

-------------
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!

Posted By: randy flagg
Date Posted: June/06/2011 at 5:22pm
Been shaving my head since 1994.

-------------
Violence with grace...

Posted By: vivahate
Date Posted: June/06/2011 at 6:08pm
I used to have a shaved head, but like 99% of people it looked shit on me.

It suits a few people. It's not to do with gender though, it's to do with the shape of yer noggin.

Appearance aside, I find it the most practical haircut on earth. So easy to maintain and take care of. I did get kinda fed up with people assuming I'm a racist though. Shaved heads still have pretty negative connotations over here.

-------------
If looks could kill, I'd watch you die.

Posted By: ayay
Date Posted: June/07/2011 at 1:00am
oh wow, i didnt even read what it was about i jsut assumed you were talking about public hair.

so i wanna change my vote!!!Hat

-------------

Posted By: CheapPerfume
Date Posted: June/07/2011 at 1:41am
I used to have really short hair, but not quite shaved. I don't remember why I got it cut so short, but I started to miss the femininity of having longer hair, so I grew it back out. I don't really care what other people do with their hair, but I will say that some people just look weird with shaved heads, especially if their head is a funny shape.

Date Posted: June/07/2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ayay

oh wow, i didnt even read what it was about i jsut assumed you were talking about public hair.

so i wanna change my vote!!!Hat

The hair on your head is public! (lol)Hug

-------------

Date Posted: June/07/2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by merrry

Although in certain faiths and customs it is usual to wear hats and shawls to conceal the hair.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a wimple fetish... because that would be one cool fetish.

-------------

Date Posted: June/09/2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Keiran1980

Although in certain faiths and customs it is usual to wear hats and shawls to conceal the hair.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a wimple fetish... because that would be one cool fetish.

You can be the first!Hug

-------------

Date Posted: June/09/2011 at 7:54pm

You can be the first!Hug

Hooray!

-------------

Posted By: KillaD
Date Posted: June/16/2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by ayay

oh wow, i didnt even read what it was about i jsut assumed you were talking about public hair.so i wanna change my vote!!!Hat

+1
Glad I'm not the only one who did that.

As far as the ACTUAL topic goes, I've done a lot of interesting things with my hair. The only thing I haven't done is go COMPLETELY bald or have dreadlocks.
And I'm currently working on dreads.

-------------

Posted By: jim01
Date Posted: June/16/2011 at 3:44pm
   does it count if you only have hair on the sides of your head male pattern baldness that's me no place to vote for that merrry HAHA

Posted By: bondagekitten
Date Posted: June/16/2011 at 3:48pm
this was me back when I was fully shaved at 17. These days I just shave my undercut with clippers

-------------
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)

Posted By: eatenplacenta
Date Posted: June/16/2011 at 7:08pm
i started shaving part of my head back in december, if i recall right. i had an undercut that i shaved smooth, and the rest of my hair was long in the front and angled short to the back, kind of like a bob style i guess.

a couple weeks ago i shaved everything but the area around my temples and what most people call a "fringe" i guess. i didn't do the sideburn thing with the sides. it is all one solid bunch of hair. i adjusted the angle to fit the style, but from the front it doesn't look like almost all of my head is shaved.

i feel quite sexy with a shaved head. i haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback about it, but i'm pretty sure most people around my area probably don't like it all that much (i get a lot of rude honks and yells when i walk around town). i know my mom hates it. she hated the undercut too. online people seem to like it quite a bit. i like it though. that's all that matters to me. the hair that remains is blue on one side, green on the other, and brown in the middle, so with that on top of my visible modification work i don't think a mostly shaved head changes how people perceive me much.

-------------
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.

Posted By: skkyzelda
Date Posted: June/17/2011 at 12:37am
I've wanted to shave my head for quite a while, partly because I freaking hate my hair, and partly because I love the look on other girls.
It's either that, or I shave my head into a long mohawk. :D

Posted By: Mizzbee666
Date Posted: June/25/2011 at 4:55am

^^^ Skkyzelda I would suggest you shave your hair.....  But take into account your lively hood.

My head is mostly shaven (I have a bit of hair on top and a fringe) and unless I continue wearing a God awful wig I seriously doubt I'll ever find another job.
My last boss decided to create a work force uniform "code"....
Number 3....  All women should have long hair (WTF????).
A few days after this they fired me :)

-------------
Fly like a bird, run like a mouse, be THAT small bookcase.

Date Posted: June/27/2011 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Mizzbee666

^^^ Skkyzelda I would suggest you shave your hair.....  But take into account your lively hood.

My head is mostly shaven (I have a bit of hair on top and a fringe) and unless I continue wearing a God awful wig I seriously doubt I'll ever find another job.

Stupid rule!Bang%20Head

-------------

Posted By: bondagekitten
Date Posted: June/28/2011 at 3:58am

Originally posted by Mizzbee666

Stupid rule!Bang%20Head

Not just stupid, probably illegal - your in the UK Mizzbee aren't you? Don't know how they'd be allowed to enforce that. What would they do with a woman recovering from chemo that lost her hair or natural hair loss (can say the word - have no idea how to spell it)? As far as I'm aware the only thing that can be forced with hair is clean or covered in some jobs. 

-------------
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)

Date Posted: June/28/2011 at 7:31am
I have checked it out and it is actually NOT illegal.  They have a right to do/say whatever they like on their conduct (as long as they sugar coat it).  It just pisses me off that they decided to do this AFTER I had already started work.  Shakes%20Fist
It's pretty much like when an employer desperately requests a photo along with all CV's.  That just allows them to see if you'd look good in their work place.  CV's count for shit these days.
Either your face fits or it doesn't. OMG!

-------------

Posted By: angelfetus
Date Posted: June/28/2011 at 7:16pm
Yeah, hair length cannot be dictated in a code of conduct/appearance. there's no way that would stand up in court if you were fired for that.

Date Posted: June/29/2011 at 7:09am
Originally posted by angelfetus

Yeah, hair length cannot be dictated in a code of conduct/appearance. there's no way that would stand up in court if you were fired for that.
That's what I mean by "sugar coating" it.
If they did say it was because of my hair.....  Then sure, I could sue them. BUT they sugar coated it....  Beating around the bush.
My supervisor actually told me the truth that it was because of my hair and the holes in my lobes (the boss had previously mentioned it to her). 
And it's a big company.  Mine and her word against theirs wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on.
CAB also agree.
They did mention prior to my departure that they didn't like the holes in my lobes or my hairstyle, BUT (and I now quote what was said) "THEY have decided NOT to discriminate" (WTF?????)
I said "USE can't discriminate anyway... It's AGAINST THE LAW"
To which the man I was having this convo with saliened and walked away.
They never spoke to me again..... Two days later I "lost" my job.

That's life. Drunk

-------------

Posted By: breebee
Date Posted: September/15/2011 at 6:20pm
i posted yes, but only one side is... lol

Posted By: billyG
Date Posted: October/03/2011 at 12:38am
Recently buzzed all my hair off and it felt liberating :) it's maybe an inch long at the most right now and I LOVE it. plus it makes my lobes look bigger than what they are :)

-------------

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Posted By: AyaMcCabre
Date Posted: October/03/2011 at 5:00am
I almost had mine shaved. Someone was making a video and was willing to pay $1000 for it. They screwed me over and it didn't end up happening, but people thought I was crazy for agreeing to it. Why wouldn't you? It's $1000 for a temporary change....

-------------
Time is on my side she said
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end -
He's coming after you my friend.

Posted By: Boogieforme
Date Posted: October/03/2011 at 8:48am
I love shaved heads (only in combo with mods, though), for the people who can pull it off. Some women can look supersexy with bare scalps :). But it is not for me, my head is definately not feminine enough to look any good when shaved.

-------------
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -

Print Page | Close Window