Print Page | Close Window

Another UK meet up??

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: Events
Forum Name: Parties and Meetups
Forum Discription: Planning a public party or gathering? Let us know!
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20376
Printed Date: November/27/2021 at 7:17am

Topic: Another UK meet up??
Posted By: angelfetus
Subject: Another UK meet up??
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 4:14pm
Right guys, there's been some discussion with people about interest in another UK meet....

basically the starting point is always the hard part:

1) WHEN! working around things like SkinD, National Holidays, and the like..... October seems like a front runner, but please jump in with your input.

2) WHERE? Manchester again has been some folks suggestion....i for one don't mind that at all, but again suggestions would be nice(baring in mind things like Ease of people getting there!)

3) WORK! may or may not be available at the meet, all depending on location and 'pros' attending really....but again we will work to that if people are interested.

Other than that, no major happenings would be involved. social gathering is the prime objective, and keeping the cost down is always good. If this seems like something people are up for, i Will be happy to take on the organising element and stressing myself out....but any help will be appreciated, and Poor Laura suffered last time :P

Ok.....and.....GO!!!

Replies:
Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 4:39pm
Yes I'd be up for this one. Was gutted I missed the last one. I'd prefer Manchester for selfish reasons cause it's close to me. October would be good cause the summer is festival and holiday season and I imagine a lot of folks are off jet setting. I'm not bothered about getting any work but again that's just me. 

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Posted By: fragaholic
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 5:24pm
I'd love to be in, anytime!!
I'm holding back on organizational things, wishes and stuff like that, because I really can't tell in what situation I'll be by then. So I'll just jump in if it's possible for me, no matter what/where/when/why ;)

But yeah, to add my thoughts about it: UK meet?? FUCK YEAH!
Count me in Andy, and let's hope I can make it.

-------------

Posted By: AndiBuck89
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 6:47pm
anytime after August would be swell ^_^ all holidays are booked and closed untill then at work. Also, should be able to scrape some cash together by then too. Sonisphere is taking up all my cash till July too.
Manchester would be ok for me and welsh. same hostel too or what?

-------------

I bet you Googled that!

Posted By: babyfirefly_
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 7:04pm
i'm in :) & i'll help any way that i can. x

-------------
if god be for us, who can be against us?

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 7:49pm
I am up for this. I love meets.

I am organising the Spain meet in September (please come! £50 for a week's accomodation in a villa with a pool) but I will try to do what I can to help organise this meet too.

WhenDue to SkinD and the Spain meetup (come to Spain) I can not do earlier than 4th October. Before that I just will not have the money. After that is fine but I just can not do earlier.

WhereI am fine with Manchester but I will be going by train. Manchester is a bitch of a city to drive around and the constant alterations and roadworks make a sat-nav more of a liability than a boon.
If we had the meet in Leeds or York I would be happy to do all the driving again. I know the roads and I know where I can park for under £25 a day (which is what I was paying in Manchester) I will happily drive everyone around Leeds or York and will pick people up from within a 100 mile radius of either of these places, but if we are going to have the meet in a city I do not regularly drive around I will not be driving.

Work I like work. Stab me people! Lol.

If anyone wants to look around an attraction I will research what ones we could possibly see once a location is confirmed. If there is a charge for an attraction we want to see then I will try to blag a group-rate discount or coupons

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Posted By: AndiBuck89
Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 7:51pm
ohmygoodness. you just using the word attraction screams Alton Towers to me. LETS GO! haha

-------------

I bet you Googled that!

Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 8:05pm
Alton Towers

-------------

Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 8:14pm
As i wouldnt feel happy without Keiran present....we can safety say no earlier than the 4th of October is now the guideline!

Date Posted: May/13/2011 at 9:23pm
my birthday is on the 22nd. dae it. ;)

-------------

Posted By: bondagekitten
Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 3:50am
I will do my best to be there. I have all my holidays booked till the end of the year but can try for a swap if need be.

-------------
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)

Posted By: grundstuck
Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 3:59am
If i won't have my dissertation on the same dates i think i will be there :)

Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 4:21am
Originally posted by grundstuck

If i won't have my dissertation on the same dates i think i will be there :)

I greatly approve of this! :) Would love to meet you in person, bro!

-------------

Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 6:08am
Ok well so far its looking like mid-late October then? more input on location would be good....whether Manchester, or as Keiran said, Leeds or similar?

i think the main concern with location should be what is easiest for 'most' people to get to really :D

* im already excited!*

Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 6:39am
so long as Scott doesn't mind driving us and we can find somewhere cheap to park or we can get the train from Glasgow easy then I don't mind where it is. 

-------------

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 9:08am
I'd definatly be up for going! If I manage to get myself employed during my break from college that is...

Since I'm a good 50-60 miles out of Kierans picking up policy, I'd have to vote for Manchester, it'd cost me almost £80 to go to either York or Leeds by train, If I don't manage to get any decent work, I'll not be able to afford that!

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 11:56am
you can get a train straight to manchester from glasgow central :) i'll be getting the train from there as well.

it doesn't really make a difference to me whether it's in manchester/leeds/york or the like, i'll have to travel a wee bit regardless :)

-------------

Posted By: onega
Date Posted: May/14/2011 at 3:19pm
Ohhh I love the idea of another meet ! I'd be so thrilled to see all of your friendly faces again, and to meet more new ones.. Although I'm not really in a good place to do any planning at the moment. So yeah, can't say anything for sure just yet, but once life is kinda sorted I'll do my best to make it there whatever city/date/place and all <3 (although after the 4th, cause agreed : we need Keiran !!)

-------------
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <

Posted By: pixiepop
Date Posted: May/17/2011 at 2:11pm
I'm there for sure! im pretty tied up over May, June and July with conventions but any time after that would be cool (October i have one convention but that can be worked around)
I'd be more than happy to work, in fact it would be my pleasure Skull

Date Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:15pm
I noticed how amazing the Manchester Museum looked when I drove past it last night (I was at a concert). It is huge. If we go to Manchester we should totally see it
If we go to Leeds the museum there has a mummy and in York there is a Viking museum.

-------------

Date Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:48pm
Most people ive spoke to individually seem to think Manchester is the best option so far, and late october seems to be a smiley time too!

if we do it at manc, people are welcome to travel to my studio for work and such. :)

Date Posted: May/17/2011 at 6:40pm
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/United_Kingdom/England/Greater_Manchester/Manchester-308843/Things_To_Do-Manchester-Castlefield-BR-1.html - http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/United_Kingdom/England/Greater_Manchester/Manchester-308843/Things_To_Do-Manchester-Castlefield-BR-1.html

This looks fun

-------------

Posted By: metalbabe
Date Posted: May/18/2011 at 10:26pm
if i get the time off, and Daryl manages to do the same, then i think we'll be there

-------------

Perplexing people since 1986

Date Posted: June/18/2011 at 7:42am
just to keep this active.....

Are we all cool with Late October in Manchester again then?

given that its 4 months away, i will probably give it another month or so before i get head counts and stuff.... but if its all in agreement at that point, i will travel over to the Hostel from last time and try negotiate a good rate then(i will speak to miss laura, see what last times was).

p.s I'm Excited!

Date Posted: June/18/2011 at 12:47pm
woot, the Etap where me and Scott stayed last time is fairly cheap to but a short tram ride out of the town center. One double bed with a single bed over it. Downside (or up depending who you share with) is the shower cubicle has a glass door.

Holidays are fairly heavy booked round then in work but I have time booked off in December that people might want to trade.  

-------------

Date Posted: June/18/2011 at 1:57pm
This should be a lot of fun

-------------

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: June/20/2011 at 2:41pm
you'd have to put me down as a definatly maybe. It's all riding on me getting this job.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Posted By: MrJonz
Date Posted: July/16/2011 at 8:31pm
Figured I'd hack this since it's been a while, and as I was just speaking with Andy, out of curiosity:

Who would be interested in receiving work from me if I were to make an appearance this year??

-------------
Body Mods by Jonz

Date Posted: July/16/2011 at 8:36pm
Also after speaking to some folk, 'this year' would probably be the mid October...thinking possibly Fri 14-sun 16th October?

Date Posted: July/16/2011 at 8:55pm
this is me pointing out the fact that i read the above updates, and still not being able to commit. still a definite maybe though.

-------------

Posted By: ferrn
Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 12:06am
im comin. i wont be tooooooooooooooo drunk this time.... probably..

Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 5:09am
yup, still can't really confirm, as I'm not too sure what's happening in my studies until then. But I think it should be possible somehow. We'll see. I think October's a good time though.

-------------

Posted By: Rhuin
Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 5:42am
I should be able to attend dependant on money - but I should have enough.
Also, yes - I'd be up for getting some work, depends on money again though.

-------------
I choose my own way to burn

Posted By: onega
Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 6:36am
Originally posted by metalbabe

this is me pointing out the fact that i read the above updates, and still not being able to commit. still a definite maybe though.

pertty much what she said..

-------------
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <

Posted By: greenmod
Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 7:57am
I want to be part of it, tell me more by sending me a pm when the date and all will be set.

Posted By: hellodave
Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 10:23am
I will try and come, even if it's just for one day or whatever. Will let you know in due course. =]

-------------
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.

Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 10:29am
I am excited about this. 

-------------

Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 2:15pm
Scott and myself will do our best to be there, might only make the Saturday till midway through the Sunday but will try to get the Friday (and hopefully Monday) off work.

edit to add : Also that weekend works out better for me as Manchester Roller Girls are coming up to Glasgow on the 30th and I was going to miss my team play to come to the meet, now I won't have to :)

-------------

Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 5:56pm
While I truly hope it's an eventful meet up and all enjoy themselves immensely, I am trying to get a real feel of who would be interested in getting work from me, if I decided to come. Those who are coming and are interested try and let me know asap. Wanting to buy my ticket at the end of this month is the demand is high enough. Thanx

-------------
Body Mods by Jonz

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 7:25pm
Yes put my name down. Can't remember if I've already replied to this thread.

-------------
Caustic blonde.

Date Posted: July/17/2011 at 7:27pm
you mentioned to me you were interested, but i shall take that as you are on board :)

Date Posted: July/22/2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by MrJonz

While I truly hope it's an eventful meet up and all enjoy themselves immensely, I am trying to get a real feel of who would be interested in getting work from me, if I decided to come. Those who are coming and are interested try and let me know asap. Wanting to buy my ticket at the end of this month is the demand is high enough. Thanx

I'm pretty sure I will be able to get something :)

-------------

Date Posted: July/22/2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Rhuin

Originally posted by MrJonz

I'm pretty sure I will be able to get something :)

The first logical person to speak up.  Wink  *awaits others*   Sleep

-------------
Body Mods by Jonz

Date Posted: July/23/2011 at 6:42am
Whatev dude, i already put my money on the table :P

Date Posted: July/23/2011 at 9:33am
Friday isn't looking good for me and wouldn't be able to take a sicky - will be attempting to bribe holiday swaps a week on Monday when I'm back in the office but one of the likely swappers is off till the following Monday (my supervisor was off this week so couldn't do anything about it this week). Seriously bummed about it but with time off available in December I might get lucky

-------------

Posted By: Nightshade82
Date Posted: July/23/2011 at 11:10am
I would most definitely want to come but October is a no-no for me

I'll already be travelling down to England on the 7th October for a congress weekend and I'll be most skint after that, lol.

Maybe next year!

Posted By: dollymonster
Date Posted: July/23/2011 at 4:50pm
I'll be there :)

Date Posted: July/27/2011 at 11:46am
ok, well if we can try at least get the ball rolling on a head count at least, that would be awesome. and i will update it, and get ideas of hostel costs etc.

the dates 'most' were happy with were Fri 14-sun 16th October?   so whos on board as a definete?

Date Posted: July/27/2011 at 4:17pm
Meee!

-------------

Date Posted: July/27/2011 at 6:00pm
Is it likely to be the same hostel as last time? With Scott being an anti-social bastard we'll be booking a private room either there or try to get somewhere we know how to get places from (possibly the Etap as the tram was dead handy). As it stands we will be there for the Saturday and leaving mid afternoon on the Sunday as we won't get down till very late Friday night. Fingers crossed we get the holiday swaps, if not at least we get a day with you all :)

-------------

Date Posted: July/28/2011 at 6:34am
Well the hostel from last time is currently Front runner..... but we are gonna look into 'apartments', that bed 10, but have seperate kitchen and lounge areas.

if we can sort them for a similar price to the hostel, i think they would be awesome, as it frees up more Banter space, and allows people to go to bed while others are still up.

Posted By: applecuddles
Date Posted: August/05/2011 at 5:41am
Id deffinelt be up for going :) count me in ^_^

-------------
SOPHIE (L) AMII

Date Posted: August/05/2011 at 2:11pm
ya dancer, got my holidays swapped so just waiting on Scott confirming his and we'll be down for the Friday/Saturday/Sunday :D

You folks are one of the very few reasons I would skip training willingly for.

BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

-------------

Date Posted: August/05/2011 at 5:13pm
So glad you guys, are likely able to do the full thing, it'll be nice to see you again.

once a few more folks sign on as definetes, i'll edit the front page to list whos on board!

Date Posted: August/05/2011 at 5:24pm
Cheers Andy, thank you for organising all this 

-------------

Date Posted: August/05/2011 at 6:37pm
Well Tbh, Laura did a much better job! I just want to catch up with everyone again :D

Date Posted: August/06/2011 at 8:44am
IF we don't make it, i'd like to remind you of the open invitation that still stands for folk to come visit.

-------------

Posted By: LauraOhFace
Date Posted: August/06/2011 at 12:54pm
I shall be there.

Try emailing everyone in 1 email on fb who went to the previous one... Encase they haven't seen the thread x

Date Posted: August/07/2011 at 3:01pm
Yeah, thats next on my list :)

then i shall get a new thread up with the confirmed dates.location, people etc :D

Posted By: piercedoff
Date Posted: August/08/2011 at 3:53pm
please wait until i make it over .. looking around late october/early november ;)

Date Posted: August/08/2011 at 5:24pm
We are disagreeing about whether Scott is driving us down and trying to find somewhere outside Manc to park for free and bus/training in from there or getting the train down. We should be able to give 2 folk a lift down from the Glasgow area if he wins. I think the train would be easier and prob cheaper than fuel and parking. Boozing for him isn't an issue, parking can be a pain in the arse. 

-------------

Date Posted: August/09/2011 at 8:35am
if we sort the 'new' accomodation...im sure it has onsite parking :)

Date Posted: August/09/2011 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by angelfetus

if we sort the 'new' accomodation...im sure it has onsite parking :)

Andy I love you and your mrs xxx

-------------

Date Posted: August/09/2011 at 3:18pm
If there is free on-site parking I will take my car and will be able to give some people lifts.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window