Forum Name: Gaming
Forum Discription: Video Games, Board Games, Card Games, etc
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13630
Printed Date: December/09/2021 at 6:12am

Topic: Left 4 Dead
Posted By: anoobubbles
Subject: Left 4 Dead
Date Posted: February/05/2009 at 2:23pm
Anyone here got it? Tell us what you thought about it! I personally enjoy being the infected in the 'Versus' mode.

Replies:
Posted By: FuzzayD
Date Posted: February/05/2009 at 6:10pm
I have it was quite fun playing with my boyfriend it is definitely a awesome multiplayer but not much fun by yourself. I agree playing as the infected is fun.

Posted By: standingtyping
Date Posted: February/05/2009 at 6:23pm
my bestie's hubby has it and this weekend i'll be playing some so i'll get back to ya

-------------
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."

Posted By: jackybacky
Date Posted: February/05/2009 at 6:48pm
Its a good game. but like CSS, its only good in multi player, go buy it :)

Date Posted: February/05/2009 at 9:20pm
One thing I've got to add though, I hate about it is the "Vote to Kick" thing. On versus mode, it was the Rooftop Finale (No Mercy) and I was a Hunter and I got kicked for no reason! I'd only just managed to get one of them and 5 seconds later I was kicked. ¬_¬

-------------

Posted By: Nurse_Maddie
Date Posted: April/01/2009 at 8:47pm
My man bought it last night, so im excited to play it :D

-------------
the beat, the bass, the melody

Posted By: DecompProject
Date Posted: May/12/2009 at 7:16pm
can't go wrong with killing zombies and ultra violent blood shed! 

Posted By: Nurse_Maddie
Date Posted: August/05/2009 at 12:55am
Am so so addicted to this game.
im still a bit retarded with the controls. Im used to a DS, so the whole two swivel stick thing was interesting to try to get used to. ahahaha :)

-------------
the beat, the bass, the melody

Posted By: pointblankzero
Date Posted: August/05/2009 at 5:29am
i want this game so baddd :(
damn being poor, haha

Posted By: Veilside
Date Posted: August/05/2009 at 5:55am
You might as well wait for the sequel.

-------------
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."

Posted By: Wallie
Date Posted: November/26/2009 at 6:42pm
left 4 dead 2 = Awesome

-------------

Posted By: kvinna
Date Posted: December/10/2009 at 12:13am
Yeah.  In Left for Dead 2 you get a skillet for a melee weapon.... that is all kinds of win.

-------------
If you think I have better things to do you're sadly mistaken.

Date Posted: December/10/2009 at 12:59pm
Almost as win as a cricket bat.

-------------
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."

Posted By: Boogieforme
Date Posted: December/10/2009 at 6:28pm
Or a guitar :) *guitar here!*

-------------
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -

Posted By: CptMorghan
Date Posted: December/10/2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Wallie

left 4 dead 2 = Awesome
+1

Date Posted: December/10/2009 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Boogieforme

Yeah... but in a real zombie invasion, I wouldn't recommend using a guitar as a weapon.  Not very effective.greytongue

-------------

Posted By: Braids
Date Posted: December/10/2009 at 10:34pm
i love the cricket bat...killin zombies all shaun of the dead style. n if you wanna play my name is TDO Braids on there

-------------
omnomnom

Date Posted: December/11/2009 at 4:26am
Originally posted by kvinna

Originally posted by Boogieforme

Yeah... but in a real zombie invasion, I wouldn't recommend using a guitar as a weapon.  Not very effective.greytongue

Because a frying pan would be?

-------------

Date Posted: December/11/2009 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Veilside

Realistically it's more effective than a guitar.  The guitar is heavier and takes a greater amount of force to swing around.  You'd get tired very easily.  Not to mention the way the weight is distributed, a guitar is very unwieldy, and probably not as accurate as the skillet.  Plus, a guitar is bound to get smashed and broken being used to hit all those zombies, and the neck is liable to snap.  If it's acoustic, it's hollow, and then you have to take the greater amount of wind resistance into consideration, and the fact that it will break even easier. Getting hit with the wooden/fiberglass body of a guitar also wouldn't hurt much in comparison to other weapons.

Lots of skillets are made in one piece, which means the likelihood that one will break in a fight is pretty low. The skillet is also a good size for swinging around, so you'd probably be able to do more damage with it and your accuracy would increase.  Plus it's easier to carry around.  One advantage of the guitar is that it has a greater reach, but the skillet is sturdier and more reliable. 

I would rather be armed with a skillet than a guitar in a real fight.  Now, if I had the choice between a skillet and, let's say, a small chainsaw, I'd rather use the chainsaw... until it ran out of fuel.  But, in the unlikely event we were dealing with real zombies, I'd actually prefer not use a melee weapon.  I would assume it would be about using ranged weapons when you must and staying under the radar and running the fuck away otherwise.

-------------

Posted By: ZombiePhlegm
Date Posted: December/11/2009 at 7:56pm

Realistically it's more effective than a guitar.  The guitar is heavier and takes a greater amount of force to swing around.  You'd get tired very easily.  Not to mention the way the weight is distributed, a guitar is very unwieldy, and probably not as accurate as the skillet.  Plus, a guitar is bound to get smashed and broken being used to hit all those zombies, and the neck is liable to snap.  If it's acoustic, it's hollow, and then you have to take the greater amount of wind resistance into consideration, and the fact that it will break even easier. Getting hit with the wooden/fiberglass body of a guitar also wouldn't hurt much in comparison to other weapons.

Lots of skillets are made in one piece, which means the likelihood that one will break in a fight is pretty low. The skillet is also a good size for swinging around, so you'd probably be able to do more damage with it and your accuracy would increase.  Plus it's easier to carry around.  One advantage of the guitar is that it has a greater reach, but the skillet is sturdier and more reliable. 

I would rather be armed with a skillet than a guitar in a real fight.  Now, if I had the choice between a skillet and, let's say, a small chainsaw, I'd rather use the chainsaw... until it ran out of fuel.  But, in the unlikely event we were dealing with real zombies, I'd actually prefer not use a melee weapon.  I would assume it would be about using ranged weapons when you must and staying under the radar and running the fuck away otherwise.

Zombie invasion = shit loads of meele.

you wanna bring a dead town rushing after you? Gunshots are loud!

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Date Posted: December/11/2009 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by ZombiePhlegm

That's why I said "when you must."  I figure your best bet for survival would be to avoid fighting as much as possible and get out of the city and urban areas.  While you're stuck fighting the hordes to escape, you want quiet, efficient weapons.  Most people would die trying to fight zombies with swords and shit they are not trained to use.

I'd realistically have something to inflict sufficient blunt-force trauma (crowbar or a baseball bat), something fool-proof like a machete, a knife,  and some type of ranged weapon (preferably something silenced with spare ammo that won't weigh too much).  Of course, I'd try to hole myself up somewhere I was well-supplied, had a source of food and fresh water, and was capable of waiting things out for some time, avoid unnecessary fighting, and never take in "survivors."

-------------

Date Posted: December/13/2009 at 3:51pm
I don't know why you're using words like "realistically" when discussing your fictional reactions to the fictional undead.

-------------

Posted By: MonStarr
Date Posted: December/13/2009 at 4:12pm
I'm getting L4D2 in a few weeks for the PC,should be exciting.

-------------

Date Posted: December/13/2009 at 7:26pm

I don't know why you're using words like "realistically" when discussing your fictional reactions to the fictional undead.

bcause we're discussing a hypothetical reality in which the dead are coming back to life, you think of it in a realistic mind set with certain rules pertaining to the un-dead, I go with the Solanum Zombies, their the most entertaining zombies to plan for.

It's like planning for a hurricane when you live in england, not very likely too happen but you still have to think realisticly.

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Date Posted: December/13/2009 at 7:34pm

That's why I said "when you must."  I figure your best bet for survival would be to avoid fighting as much as possible and get out of the city and urban areas.  While you're stuck fighting the hordes to escape, you want quiet, efficient weapons.  Most people would die trying to fight zombies with swords and shit they are not trained to use.

I'd realistically have something to inflict sufficient blunt-force trauma (crowbar or a baseball bat), something fool-proof like a machete, a knife,  and some type of ranged weapon (preferably something silenced with spare ammo that won't weigh too much).  Of course, I'd try to hole myself up somewhere I was well-supplied, had a source of food and fresh water, and was capable of waiting things out for some time, avoid unnecessary fighting, and never take in "survivors."

I'd go with a crowbar. If I can find one I'd go with a crossbow, the ammo is retrivable and with a little bit of know how you can make your own bolts.

protection-wise I'l jump into a vinatge army surplus store and get a heavy wollen trench coat, wrap duct tape around the arms and forearms leaving room to bend at the elbows, duct tape going over the shoulders. Your typical sorta bite zones. I'd refuse to cut my hair... so I'd probably tie that up or snatch myself a hat.

you'd want some thick woolen fingerless gloves as well, help your hands from the cold of the crowbar and also make it shake less against your hand.

for my legs i'd go with leather Motorbike trousers, would be very safe against anything going for your ankles, I'd get a large pair of 14 eyelet steel toe boots with a bit of weight to them allowing you to kick. something thick underneath the coat

-------------

The Unbreakable!

Date Posted: December/14/2009 at 6:27pm

I'd go with a crowbar. If I can find one I'd go with a crossbow, the ammo is retrivable and with a little bit of know how you can make your own bolts.

protection-wise I'l jump into a vinatge army surplus store and get a heavy wollen trench coat, wrap duct tape around the arms and forearms leaving room to bend at the elbows, duct tape going over the shoulders. Your typical sorta bite zones. I'd refuse to cut my hair... so I'd probably tie that up or snatch myself a hat.

you'd want some thick woolen fingerless gloves as well, help your hands from the cold of the crowbar and also make it shake less against your hand.

for my legs i'd go with leather Motorbike trousers, would be very safe against anything going for your ankles, I'd get a large pair of 14 eyelet steel toe boots with a bit of weight to them allowing you to kick. something thick underneath the coat

Lucky for me I've already got most of the protective gear I'd ever need and some nice, broken in steel toe boots. With the climate out here, cold is not as much of a concern.  I'd like to have the appropriate gear to protect me, of course.  Then, I'd head out to my aunt's ranch a few states over.  She's a bit of a "survivalist nut" as my mom puts it, so I think we'd be set lol.

Anyway, I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 again this week and I have a new favorite melee weapon: good ol' Chompski the gnome. greytongue  Yes, yes.  Realistically, it is a horrible weapon, but it's funny.

-------------

Posted By: AmiiMetalFace
Date Posted: January/01/2010 at 10:17am
Anoo's sitting beside me. Left4Dead 2 is DAMN ADDICTIVE.

i love the new additions.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/481341 - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/481341
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/521708 - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/521708

WIN

-------------
AMII(L)ANOO&BABA

AMII(L)SOPHIE

29 weeks. :3 due 1st April 2010!

Date Posted: January/16/2010 at 2:03pm
I R LOVE LEFT 4 DEAD2! Though I don't like when I play it lots, then when I try to sleep and a car alarm goes off. I absolutely SHIT myself xD

Posted By: wetizm
Date Posted: March/20/2013 at 10:32pm
Just started playing it again and put my girl and my son onto it! They both love it but Mini me cant play it as much as he wants cuz hes 8. But regardless... BUMP!

Print Page | Close Window