Forum Discription: Albums, Bands, Concerts and such
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11729
Printed Date: November/27/2021 at 7:22am

Topic: TOM WAITS!!
Posted By: paulobartini
Subject: TOM WAITS!!
Date Posted: October/02/2008 at 4:28pm
Does anyone like him?

I only recently got into him...my cousin played a few of his songs for me about 2 or 3 years ago and i was like..."What the hell is this? This is some of the worst shit I've ever heard"

But i actually listened to him about 3 weeks ago...and i haven't been able to stop...I'm pretty sure he's the music equivalent of smoking. It's horrible the first time you try it, but one you start...you're hooked!!!

-------------
I don't give a fuck about your war....or your president - Snake Plissken

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Replies:
Posted By: Switz
Date Posted: October/02/2008 at 6:01pm
I have heard him once, I liked it, but haven't gone back for more.

Posted By: kweidog
Date Posted: October/02/2008 at 6:20pm
Tom Waits is great!

Blood Money is by far my favorite album.

-------------
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posted By: shelbymarie37
Date Posted: October/02/2008 at 8:54pm
 Oh Yeah, Tom Waits has been around for years, his old stuff is fantastic. He kinda grows on you, sucks you right in! EnjoyPleased

Posted By: clockworkblack
Date Posted: October/15/2008 at 3:48pm
huge fan here, i actually had a history teacher when i was a freshman in high school, who would play mule variations (it had just come out) all the time, when we would be reading or whatnot, people used to bitch all the time, but he got me hooked now i got most of his stuff

Posted By: wishfulescape
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 2:22pm
he stinks.

-------------
No regrets.

Posted By: Keiran1980
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 2:45pm
I really like his music. Very clever lyrics.

-------------
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson

Posted By: Pinkie
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 3:03pm
I loooooooooorve Tom Waits.

-------------
I can be the jump start for the car parked in your miiiiiiiind
'Cause you left the lights on all night long

Posted By: wishfulescape
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 3:57pm
Is it true he wrote I dont wanna grow up?

-------------
No regrets.

Posted By: mmm_riboflavin
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 4:22pm
He is the cat's meow :]

-------------
"Education is the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." -Mark Twain

Posted By: xjessiex
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 9:38pm

i loved blood money too^^ seeing him in the imaginarium of dr pernasus was fantastic!
if you haven't seen it i reconmend you do:)

if you like tom waits, chances are some of you may dig nick cave?

-------------
"I can't stand TV before breakfast."

"Dial 888…The desire to watch TV, no matter what's on it."

Posted By: freshccs
Date Posted: April/03/2010 at 11:02pm
yeah he was sooo good in the imaginarium of dr pernasus, he played such a great devil and hes been in like 20 other films.. his music is just fantastic.. ive got his discography.. sometimes i listen to him for weeks on end especially when im getting creative.. rain dogs was the first album of his i got and i love it..

-------------
""no one expect girls to do shit like this.. a girl can only be a slut, a bitch, a tease, or the virgin next door""

Posted By: paulobartini
Date Posted: April/09/2010 at 8:29am
I haven't seen The Imaginarium. Wanna get it though...looks absolutely epic! Have you seen him in Wristcutters? He's very good in that.

Rain dogs is an amazing album! So is blood money! I get the feeling that everyone seems to prefer his later stuff, to his earlier music! I think his earlier stuff, when he was on asylum records, is far more consistant then it is with his newer cds. His new ones are amazing..but i find myself wanting to skip a few tracks here and there. 

-------------
I don't give a fuck about your war....or your president - Snake Plissken

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted By: FLPierce
Date Posted: June/13/2010 at 12:23am
He was great in Bram's Stokers Dracula.

The only song I know of his is Jersey Girl, which Bruce Springsteen made famous.

Posted By: jessica2n2
Date Posted: November/27/2011 at 5:44pm
He is by far my favourite musician ever and has been for a few years. The man can play anything, and make you feel whatever emotion he wants you to feel. His stories are amazing and makes you feel.. well, whatever he wants you to feel. Have you seen any live interviews with him? His use of play-on words is fantastic. Seriously. Best. Musician. Ever. And what a snazzy dresser!

Print Page | Close Window