Print Page | Close Window

"you dirty punk kids"

Printed From: BodyMod.org
Category: BodyMod Experiences
Forum Name: Piercing Experiences
Forum Discription: Want to tell us a story about your piercing experience?
URL: http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10216
Printed Date: December/02/2021 at 4:33am

Topic: "you dirty punk kids"
Posted By: zacklove
Subject: "you dirty punk kids"
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:03am
ok, i was standing on a curb durring a street fair today with a few friends, we werent doing anything malicious or anything just talking, minding our own buisness trying to figure a place to get some thai food lol, most of us had a few visible piercings i.e. i have a nose ring and quite a few earrings, and  everything was as it always is when a crazed drunk woman walks by us telling us to stop causing problems and calling us "dirty punk kids" and how our parents didnt raise us right ect ect...

has anyone ever had this kind of profiling yelled at them in the street lol

it was really bizzare, since most of my town are relaxed hippies who are always nice haha

-------------
Dont poke the bear, dont steal his fish.

Replies:
Posted By: that1chick
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:10am
My grandpa called me a tramp once for having a tongue piercing...

Your story is way funnier though.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~124632.aspx">

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:15am

my granpa thinks my piercings are crazy, my mother has alway thought they were beautiful

Posted By: xXcuntcoreXx
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:34am
haha, i've frequently had people yell at me in the street
the worst one was when I had just had my clavicle surfaces done, and they had bled a bit so I went to a public bathroom to try and clean them up a little, then this woman in her late 30's just came up to me and said "that is disgusting, and so are you for having it", that was a little bit of a shocker, you'd think by her age she would have learned if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

-------------
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.

Posted By: merrry
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:39am
My peers frequently embarrass me with their reactions to piercings and tattoos. Live and let live! 

-------------
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!

Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 3:24am
I've had quite a few guys at the club I work at tell me I would be so much prettier without my tattoos and piercings.  For the most part, adults don't ever say anything to me out in public, but kids are always asking me why I have those "things" in my face.  I always answer with "why not?"  

Posted By: FoxFirecracker
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 4:02am
Oh where to start?
A granny tried to beat me up with her umbrella once, calling me a slut.
Another woman called some gothic friends the "whores of Satan" (they took it as a compliment greytongue )
But the best thing ever was a waiter in a cafe... a few friends of mine and I went out on new years eve. The girls wore corsetts, long skirts and high heels and the guys just regular leather jackets and pants... we were in the bar slash punk slash all the crazy people district of our city and wanted to get a coffee, before we go home. The waiter didn't even come over. One of my friends finally said that we would like to order something and the waiter replied: "We don't serve PEOPLE LIKE YOU!" So we wanted to know what the definition of people like us is... and he simply had a problem with our clothes.
I didn't get that at all, a lot of gothics and metal heads and punks and bikers and whatsoever hang out in that area and I never had a problem in that cafe before, afterwards neither because I don't go there anymore.

Edit: yeah, in this case it weren't the piercings, but I guess people always find something to complain about.
The: "That's disgusting and so are you fot having it" is the worst, I guess... what a bitch

-------------
Das Chaos besiegt die Ordnung,
weil es besser organisiert ist.
- Der 23. Apostel von Eris

Posted By: Xodic
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 4:07am
I often get judged by people, allthough i dont have many piercings. I got one visibile labret ring, and due to it most of the older people in the neightbourhood are afraid of me. If i greet them with a friendly hello they often mumble something or go to the side as if i were going to kill them.
I think people are ALITTLE to much judgemental about piercings (and clothes as FoxFirecracker said in her story)

Posted By: ink_thy_skin
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 4:09am
Originally posted by xXcuntcoreXx

the worst one was when I had just had my clavicle surfaces done, and they had bled a bit so I went to a public bathroom to try and clean them up a little, then this woman in her late 30's just came up to me and said "that is disgusting, and so are you for having it"

That is so messed up!  I do not understand how so many people can be so ignorant and jugmental!  grrrr, people bug me!!!  your not disgusting and that woman is a fool!....ok, rant over

-------------

Posted By: VixenOfDoom
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 4:48am
Originally posted by zacklove

.... everything was as it always is when a crazed drunk woman walks by us telling us to stop causing problems and calling us "dirty punk kids" and how our parents didnt raise us right ect ect...

Hahaha, I'd had come back with: "And what about you, lady? How did your parents raised you that you think it's alright too walk around in public and drunk AND cussing out other people you don't even know? That doesn't sound like you have any education at all. You better mind your own business and get sober." Hat

-------------
Stewed, Screwed and Tattooed!

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 4:51am
Originally posted by FoxFirecracker

Oh where to start?
A granny tried to beat me up with her umbrella once, calling me a slut.
Another woman called some gothic friends the "whores of Satan" (they took it as a compliment greytongue )
But the best thing ever was a waiter in a cafe... a few friends of mine and I went out on new years eve. The girls wore corsetts, long skirts and high heels and the guys just regular leather jackets and pants... we were in the bar slash punk slash all the crazy people district of our city and wanted to get a coffee, before we go home. The waiter didn't even come over. One of my friends finally said that we would like to order something and the waiter replied: "We don't serve PEOPLE LIKE YOU!" So we wanted to know what the definition of people like us is... and he simply had a problem with our clothes.
I didn't get that at all, a lot of gothics and metal heads and punks and bikers and whatsoever hang out in that area and I never had a problem in that cafe before, afterwards neither because I don't go there anymore.

Edit: yeah, in this case it weren't the piercings, but I guess people always find something to complain about.
The: "That's disgusting and so are you fot having it" is the worst, I guess... what a bitch

Not sure, but that story sounds familiar... I guess you told me already...
I guess I would had told him: "Ok, you don't serve us. We won't leave our money here. As a matter of fact, you'll have less tip money by the end of your shift, ignorant ass!"

-------------

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 5:02am

For some crazy and unknown reason, I didn't had anyone cussing me out or insulting me out on the street for all my tattoos.

I guess I'm looking way TOO MEAN that they are tough enough to come up to me with something.

But I know about the damn crazy looks, like I'm antisocial and always have some damn crimes up my head I could commit any second. BULLSHIT!!! If I'd look at non-modded people the same way, I would be disgusted all the damn time.

So let's just face it the way it is: Non-modded people do this to us, the modded society, because they are jealous they don't have the balls to get any mods done, on their bodies. And their only way to deal with their jealousy is to attack us for our courage to get mods done and show them off proud. That's just the way I see it.

And at the end my motto is: Love me or hate me, I couldn't care less! The%20Finger

-------------

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 5:22am
Ah see... I remembered a story, when I wrote something in the piercings and parents thread.
A woman in our supermarket is pierced and tattooed... and my grand aunt refuses to go to her cash register because of it.
But she also refuses to accept my sisters bf, because he's in a wheelchair... she actually said: Back in the days they wouldn't let him live. And she complains, that my sister is blond with blue eyes and she's wasting her body to someone with brown eyes and dark hair... she's some old nazi bitch and I always get in arguments with her because of that... I wander from the subject again, sorry *blush*

-------------

Posted By: nikolas_sp
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 6:29am
ppl bitch and moan bout my piercings all the time..and i noticed that sometimes  i get better service from some ppl(usually from older persons,and i guess its from pure fear that i will attack them if im not pleased) and worse from others(usually younger)
its sad to see how superficial and stuck up some ppl are..judging you from a couple of screws in your face..
i guess the snakebites are the ones that draw the most attention but who cares..my mom says they make her want to throw up:P
i got a septum last week but i still have a retainer in, i wanna see their reaction when i show up one day with a ring hanging from my nose:P

-------------
the good die first..

Posted By: eatenplacenta
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 6:32am
i can't even tell you all the crap i hear, and have heard. it has been a while in person but it usually all is the same stuff. recently i just had some religious person comment on a few of my modification posts preaching me to stop being a sinner and crap. i had the choice to follow a roman catholic religion, as well as having the choice every day to choose a belief or religion. i choose not to. i have my own ideas about life and what exists and i tend to base them on scientific theories and facts.

aaaaaaaaaanyways, usually every time i'm out in public i have someone either around my mom's age (around fifty) or older sigh violently and mutter "that's ridiculous" or "my god" or things similar the moment they pass me under their breath. i don't look at people around me in public so i don't usually notice the glares or the lips moving that i can read, but people i'm with notice and let me know usually. not that i care, but they find it amusing. i can't recall being refused service anywhere but there are times where it has been VERY hesitant to get to me, putting me off and off until they are just about to lose a customer. i've had my grand mother and strangers tell me i'm ugly for doing what i do (even before i was visibly modified since i dressed "differently"), and i've been teased and shunned and experienced enough for my lifetime. now my family has grown up as they've seen me grow up and they don't even notice what i do anymore. the person i am completely outweighs how i look and/or live and just doesn't matter. and it shouldn't. friends, family friends, and people close are the same way too. i feel i'm a much better person than the people who rant and moan about things that don't matter and especially have the nerve to come up and voice their own opinion to someone it doesn't concern at all, or they don't even know or who doesn't even care what the mouthy person has to say.

there's more things to put your mind toward changing and making better than using it to yell at people who are modified, dress differently, have different beliefs, morals, ideas, religions, skin colours, cultures, and so forth. i think it is ridiculous that the religious character that commented on my eyebrow play piercing post that what i do is stupid and a waste of time and there are better things to do with my life and kids are dying out there and need food and stuff. then stop wasting your time yelling at a stranger for the way they look of all things and lend a helping hand you son of a bitch!

-------------
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 7:45am
I think it'r ridiculous sometimes, when things I do are okay, because the people know me, but then they complain about the same things when other people do it greytongue

-------------

Posted By: CheeseStix
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 8:27am
I occasionally get yelled at in the street, but I don't walk often.
Once in while people either refuse to look at me, or stare... I don't care.
Some people talk about me like I'm not there.
A few times mothers have hid their children behind me.
Some people refuse to treat me as a human being. At a gas station I go to for smokes the cashier refuses to talk to me. One day after I got smokes I said "thanks" and just stood there for a few minutes staring at him until he finally responded.

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile.aspx?ID=29919">

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 9:41am
I catch myself sometimes being more friendly to modded people, hahaha, so I'm not better, just in the other way ^.^ I was always more friendly to the punks coming to the store I used to work in, too.

Now I wonder if they thought I do that because I'm scared of them Confused

EDIT: I wish I would've seen the face of the guy from the gas station Big%20Grin

-------------

Posted By: Carrie_p2005
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by CheeseStix

Some people refuse to treat me as a human being. At a gas station I go to for smokes the cashier refuses to talk to me. One day after I got smokes I said "thanks" and just stood there for a few minutes staring at him until he finally responded.

That's great!  Nothing like putting idiots on the spot.

Posted By: grundstuck
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 2:56pm
People here don't care at me.They know i'm not normal for them (i live in a really small town so everyone knows me) and they're just used to me. Only sometimes new generation kids point at me and that things, for piercings and that sort of things. I usually just don't watch them and go on.

Posted By: stoke-skater
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 4:51pm

ok, i was standing on a curb durring a street fair today with a few friends, we werent doing anything malicious or anything just talking, minding our own buisness trying to figure a place to get some thai food lol, most of us had a few visible piercings i.e. i have a nose ring, LOTS of earrings and a labret, my girlfriend has her septum pierced and had a small tattoo vissible that we did a few weeks ago, everything was as it always is when a crazed drunk woman walks by us telling us to stop causing problems and calling us "dirty punk kids" and how our parents didnt raise us right ect ect...

i would of thought a drunk woman would have been causing more trouble than you guys haha, makes me laugh.

i had problems like this before when i went to a pub once with my hair sticking up haha he said exactly the same thing as he said to me the previous time i had been there and itsw people like that that make me laugh.

-------------
pierce me and i shall be Free

Posted By: spooky uberette
Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 5:13pm
I get some comments and stuff, but I have found that I get more good comments than bad.  A lot of kids love my piercings and always ask me about them, and adults ALWAYS ask if they hurt. =P

My mother was always yelling at people who stared, snickered or talked about me.  It was cute.  She would cut them down to size REAL QUICK.

I used to always hear "You have such a pretty face.  You shouldn't scar it up with piercings."

If only they knew the beauty of bodmods, eh?

Date Posted: June/27/2008 at 6:59pm

What was his respond? Now I'm curious!!!

-------------

Posted By: SteveSirenic
Date Posted: June/28/2008 at 11:58pm
I get random stares, questions, lectures a lot because, I'm young and I'm a cashier at a grocery store. Though, I got to admit the best one was when I woman told me to never tattooed because it will ruin my life.

I pulled my collar down to show her, that I have indeed ruined my life.

Posted By: CheeseStix
Date Posted: June/29/2008 at 2:10am
Originally posted by VixenOfDoom

What was his respond? Now I'm curious!!!

He just finally said "your welcome" and walked away. I was going to continue going there, to get a little more response each day, but they're closed for renovations.
My new favourite is the look on people faces when they ask what I'm doing on my vacation.. "you know, the usual. Getting hooks shoved through my body and being hung from them, having some flesh scalpelled off my back, maybe getting some metal semi-permanently implanted in my face.. oh, and I wanna go swimming"

-------------
http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile.aspx?ID=29919">

Posted By: kyl3_malta
Date Posted: July/10/2008 at 8:08am

my ear is the main point of stares and stuff like that, beacause in my town mods are really rare, you just see some lip studs on some kids and stuff like that...

every time i enter a shop or a take away bar,everytime,somone,has to ask about my ear,did it hurt?is that right trough?your ear is gonna expload,and more shit like that...

but anyways,i laugh my head off when i hear these comments..

-------------
The next post sucks ass

Posted By: KillaD
Date Posted: July/10/2008 at 5:23pm
Yeah I honestly don't hear a lot about my piercings. A few "did it hurt", maybe one or two "wjy" and the occasional asshole, but it's pretty rare. I think I just scare people into shutting up... Don't know how I do that though.

-------------

Posted By: obiwanbenwin
Date Posted: July/10/2008 at 6:01pm
nope never had that happen before. Cool story though

-------------

Posted By: douchebag deli
Date Posted: July/10/2008 at 7:23pm
I'm glad I live in New Orleans... the only problem for me is having sketchy looking homeless crackheads asking to see my tattoos....

Then again, I never had many problems when I lived in Alabama, either.

Posted By: AmiiMetalFace
Date Posted: July/12/2008 at 3:44pm
Lol, i get it all the time; people cross the road when i walk on it.
which is awful, because i like to think im really nice and open and friendly.

and i went for a college open day a while ago. i looked like a regular school girl: skirt, tights, shirt, tie, tank top, hair up ina ponytail, and dolly shoes...and i was stared at the whole time. i was upset and a friend said, 'you do look normal for once... but your face...'

:(

also, yesterday i got my hair dyed bright red. i had on my old red tutu, my old docs and a tank tee, and my hair was up so my undercut was visible. i had an old woman RIGHT NEXT to me, looking me and androo in the eye while she muttered to the man next to her in an audible tone saying, 'look at the state of her. has she no respect for herself?' and androo, who is quite outspoken said, 'look at the state ae that auld bitch. thank GOD she cant hear us and we can't hear them, no subtelty what'soever! auld f***in crab!' and so on and so forth.

:3
We know how to retort; Scottish people tend to be a lot more outspoken than others, unfortunately for them I am too and I know how to deal with them ;)

Posted By: linda
Date Posted: July/15/2008 at 2:41pm
I' don't have a lot of visible mods myself, but I see quite a lot of heavily modded people in the street, and I've never noticed any negativity towards them. But I live in Amsterdam, so I guess people are just used to heavily modded people, as well as to goths, gays, junks, prostitutes, homeless people, stoner-tourists,  English guys having bachelor parties and all the other out-of-the-ordinariness this city attracts. Wink
Almost everyone who notices my tat or stretched lobes think they're cool and are more interested than anything else.

Posted By: be0allthatyou0e
Date Posted: July/15/2008 at 3:12pm
here in Western Colorado i get shit all the time. especially for my ears and mouth.
"did it hurt?"
"why?"
"what does it mean?"
"ew"
"it goes all the way through your ear?!?"
i try to be polite and answer genuinely, but when someone says ew...

but with my tattoos (even as shitty as they are) the only question i get asked is "what do they mean?"

Posted By: Valkea
Date Posted: July/16/2008 at 2:36am
I'm a cashier at a grocery store so kids stare at my ears a lot (if I wore my septum down I'm sure they'd stare at it too haha) most days I just ignore it and it doesnt bother me but these two little girls were whispering and running from side to side so they could see both ears and it really annoyed me.

Most comments are along the lines of "Which one hurt the most?" "Wow you've got a lot" (6 in each ear) "Did you cry?"

Some are nice :] I've also had the "well at least you dont have any tattoos" to which I reply "Actually i've got three" haha.

My parents hate them for the most part, same with family members. But when I'm out with my mom she stares down people who stare at me. I dont notice people looking any more.

Posted By: kcir
Date Posted: July/16/2008 at 11:07am
so i was walking to work yesterday...and i'm jammin with my mp3 player on and i see this old black guy waving at me (i think, still dont have my glasses fixed) so i unplug my earbud and say "what man? i cant hear you." and this asshat says "thats because you have so much ink clogging your fucking ears." i laughed at the drunk old guy and ended up talking to him on the way to work, but lots of people take my tattoos as a personal challenge to out-hardcore me. i could give a fuck, i just wish people would stop waving at me all the damn time. you may recognize me but i sure as hell dont know you. and what the hell gives people the right to grab an appendage to "see" it?

-------------
http://www.cutinto.me">

Date Posted: July/26/2008 at 5:22pm

ive gotten alot of questions like "are you trying to prove something?", and ofcourse the clasic "why would you do that to yourself?"

i used to get frustrated when i was asked these questions,  but now i just answer in a calm voice something like "the same reason youve colored your hair, i think its pretty"

but by far the funnyest one ive ever gotten was from my father " if you keep puttin bigger earings in there, there gonna get too heavy and your ears are gonna fall off" that one warms my heart haha

-------------

Posted By: onega
Date Posted: July/26/2008 at 5:31pm

ok, i was standing on a curb durring a street fair today with a few friends, we werent doing anything malicious or anything just talking, minding our own buisness trying to figure a place to get some thai food lol, most of us had a few visible piercings i.e. i have a nose ring, LOTS of earrings and a labret, my girlfriend has her septum pierced and had a small tattoo vissible that we did a few weeks ago, everything was as it always is when a crazed drunk woman walks by us telling us to stop causing problems and calling us "dirty punk kids" and how our parents didnt raise us right ect ect...

has anyone ever had this kind of profiling yelled at them in the street lol

it was really bizzare, since most of my town are relaxed hippies who are always nice haha

nah the most hilarious thing that was ever said to me was this guy in a very nice suit who replied "freak" when i said "hello" ...

-------------
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <

Posted By: Yika
Date Posted: July/26/2008 at 5:31pm
i have alot of ppl come into my work and ask me how they are in and why? or what are you going to do when you get older like 80. i tell them that if some one is checking me out when im 80 dame i must be fine and thats the end of it.  lol

Posted By: Rhuin
Date Posted: July/26/2008 at 5:41pm
Most of my piercings and both my tatoos are hidden a lot of the time, my most obvious one (when my septum is hidden) is my conch but so far at work, no one has ever asked me about them and when I've forgotten to flip my septum no one stares at it.

I have a surprising number of people who love to see which colour my hair will go next and think that my unpredictableness is 'delightful' :)

-------------
I choose my own way to burn

Posted By: Sylvias
Date Posted: July/26/2008 at 5:42pm
i have people make rude comments all the time and i dont even have alot of mods....all i have is my ear pierced...like the regular lobe piercing nothing special. but because of the way i dress people automatically assume i'm a trouble maker. it gets really annoying sometimes when mall cops follow my friends and i around instead of the ones actually causing problems >=/

-------------
www.darksidereptiles.com

Posted By: freckledimple
Date Posted: August/30/2008 at 9:56pm
The most common comment/question I get about my ears is: didn't that hurt?  My response, "Yes but it heals".  The next is "how many do you have?"(12 and 13) and if the amount represents anything.  If anyone asks me why, I tell them "God graced my with big ears that stick out, and I figured I might as well decorate them"Big%20Grin
The only person that's given me any real trouble about my mods is my uncle, but he's always been an a**hole anyway.  In his typical hypocritical-ness Bang%20Headhe talks about all the "cute" tattoos and piercings his "girlfriends" have, but thinks my earrings are unprofessional; and if he were to see any of my new tattoos he would throw a fit.  When he visits, I make it a point to have my hair pulled back away from my ears so that they shine in their full metallic gloryInnocent  I'm such a naughty girlPleased

-------------

Posted By: pierced_kitten
Date Posted: August/30/2008 at 10:10pm
I live in a very liberal town and it isn't uncommon to see modded people.  So it isn't much of an issue here.  Fortunately.

Posted By: Ubermensch616
Date Posted: September/23/2008 at 10:47pm
Im a Mortuary Science major. I had to do a clinical practicum for the college I go to. Around midnight I got a call to pick up a body from a hospital. I meet the guy at the funeral home. I didnt have time to take out all of my piercings;vI managed to take out every one except my tongue. We get in the removal van and I take my tongue piercing out and he see this happen. He then begins a 40 minute rant about how im a "hippie" Yeah..... So the next 5 weeks were fun......

Posted By: clarist
Date Posted: September/24/2008 at 12:50am
When I was 18 I had some friends that went to a christian college and I thought it'd be fun to go with them once, well this was my hardcore goth era I didnt have any piercings but i was wearing my collar a couple chains and a pair of combat boots. From the time I walked in I had people following me and they actually kicked me out. So much for sanctuary I guess.

Posted By: dreadyroots
Date Posted: September/24/2008 at 11:43pm
I dont have much visable neck n above jst my ears as of late. Well that and my dreadz. I like ta say Im from Colorado but in fact im from Plainfield. Everytyme I go out I get curuios folks. Even when I had dat shit in my face. I took everything out cause I thought it wa tyme not because they told me too. But mind u I culd still b an atimidatintg thing look out. I wear my dreadz wit pride. So anything diffenrt than what their used to will draw an eye or two...

-------------
We're all fucked now!!

Posted By: ayay
Date Posted: September/25/2008 at 1:32am
its funny i work in a restaurant and most old ladies and stuff think my nose piercings are really cute.. but they catch a glance of my tongue or sternum.. or if they realise what the 'strange earings' [tapers] im wearing actually are they start to treat me really differently. it hurts my feeling a little to know that they treat me so differently jsut becuase of afew pieces of metal

but i am guilty of being really friendly to modified people, though they dont tend to be as friendly to me as alot of my piercings you cant see [boobs, septum, tongue, and most people dont notice my ears] so i suspose it goes both ways

Posted By: ZedroZ
Date Posted: October/03/2008 at 9:49am
Ive watched little kids (6 or 7) while holing there mom's hand walk into bus stops and streetlights because they were staring at me Pleased. Old people often look through me and the younger generation tend to stare a bit but who gives a crap? The only time I hate it is when the self proclaimed "hard people" think that because your modded you think your hard and that knocking you out is some sort of an achievement. It may even progress them to higher standing within there "crew" so they can park their Ford escort at the FRONT of McDonalds car park! Blaring music with incypherable lyrics until fuck knows when in the morning, only to go home and pass out on the floor of their council house that they share with their 48 children and pregnant 15 year old girlfriend. Surounded by burberry and empty special brew cans.

Sorry I went a little off topic...

-------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... until you can find a rock.

Posted By: Eui1337
Date Posted: October/03/2008 at 10:59am
i haven't had any crap about my piercings yet but all's i have is 3 in each ear.

now i get more questions about my tattoo though.(the off the hook logo) so i explain it to them. i always love watching people's eyes grow wider and then there final reaction is either one or all of the following:

1:WHY!?
2:DID IT HURT?!(i want to kill people for asking this anymore)
3: WTF? UR CRAZY! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?

and then they ask to see my scars. so i show them and they cringe and ask those same questions again. beh. people are silly some times.

-------------
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh

Posted By: wolfbaden6
Date Posted: October/03/2008 at 11:40am
I haven't received any terrible comments at all, surprisingly. The only person who really had a problem with my piercings was my grandmother, but she let it die down within a few minutes. My parents saw my first piercing a few days after I had been pierced, but all they could say was "you're 18 now and it's your body." I love how mature and appreciative they were. My mom now even suggests jewelry for me and helps me pick it out. I love it =D

Posted By: heinous
Date Posted: November/03/2008 at 5:03am
I used to get more crap about my hair or clothes than piercings, all I get now is old people asking me why and that I'd be a hell of a lot prettier without them. I think the worst must have been a couple of years back when I moved to Liverpool and 3 girls followed me around the city centre for about 20 minutes until they got a good look of my lobes then made quite nasty comments, ah well!

Posted By: Wallie
Date Posted: November/05/2008 at 4:01am
i get alot of ppl giving me funny looks at work. spose it dosent help i have my lobes stretched to 10mm & have to take the jewelery out. i also have scars on my arms from dermal implants ive removed & sometimes have to wear a bandaid to cover my tattoo on my forearm which i get even weirder looks as if im am herion user or something.  *Sigh* the suffering you have to go through just to make money to pay the bills.   but when i have my piercings in i find alot of people find them interesting. and in alot of cases people ask me for advice since ive had & retired many piercing. but also on the flip side to that i get people asking me about them like asking stupid questions like "doesn't that hurt?" Bored  or "Why Would You Do That?". so im a bit strange & can usually come up with an answer that makes them relise how dumb of a question to ask in the first place.

hahahaha just to add to the end i think id love being labeled a "dirty punk kid" i guess in a way im already alternative/punk so being recognized 4 my stylings would be a compliment i guess

-------------

Posted By: punk626
Date Posted: November/05/2008 at 4:07am
I was a bar the other night and this fuckin douche canoe told the next time some one shoots at me with a BB gun i should duck. Stupid fucker.

Posted By: hate_is_man
Date Posted: November/05/2008 at 4:43am
i HATE judgmental people the amount of times iv been called emo is stupid and this is wear slayer and cannibal corpse tshirts which just instantly shows how retarded they are

Posted By: LUSTTT
Date Posted: November/28/2008 at 11:16pm
i used to get it a lot but not so much anymore
which im glad for cuz ignorant people who judge upon appearances are assholes
especialy when they get mouthy

Posted By: harley.g
Date Posted: November/30/2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by VixenOfDoom

.... everything was as it always is when a crazed drunk woman walks by us telling us to stop causing problems and calling us "dirty punk kids" and how our parents didnt raise us right ect ect...

Hahaha, I'd had come back with: "And what about you, lady? How did your parents raised you that you think it's alright too walk around in public and drunk AND cussing out other people you don't even know? That doesn't sound like you have any education at all. You better mind your own business and get sober." Hat

epic lolz!!!

-------------

Posted By: blackshorts
Date Posted: December/01/2008 at 5:29am
Originally posted by hate_is_man

i HATE judgmental people the amount of times iv been called emo is stupid and this is wear slayer and cannibal corpse tshirts which just instantly shows how retarded they are

slayer is soooo emo...Big%20Grin i like the fishing accident comments...I'm always hoping someone will come up with something real creative...but I'm always disapointed. The tribal comments (my ears) are good too...i just tell them they can stick their finger through if they want but they smell, and it usually throws them off...always gotta be one step ahead of the jokester

-------------
Dreams have only one owner at a time. That's why dreamers are lonely-Erma Bombeck

Date Posted: December/03/2008 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Wallie

hahahaha just to add to the end i think id love being labeled a "dirty punk kid" i guess in a way im already alternative/punk so being recognized 4 my stylings would be a compliment i guess

haha it makes you feel appreciated by the comunity of drunken morons

i tend to hang out with people who appreciate theyre piercings and the art that it is so when they see me with someting new or something bigger i never get the "did it hurt?", "why?" or any of that from them, i always get the "did it feel good?" or "whats your goal size again?" hahaha

true friends are good

-------------

Posted By: Hydrochlorine
Date Posted: December/03/2008 at 11:14pm
Hum...let's see if I can recall some of the abuse I have been exposed to during the years.

- The average hurling of obscenities towards me or me and friends. Done by kids from the age of 9 to bloody 90. I have a lot of opinions too, but I don't go out and yell them to strangers, now do I, go on the internet, you can do it there.

- Asking stupid questions and expecting, in a rather agressive manner usually, me to take all the time in their world to answer them. Curiosity is fine, but everything has its boundaries.

- Asking downright impolite questions: "Are you pierced down there?", "You must like it rough in the bedroom, don't you?", "Are you a lesbian?"(always asked by guys, my answer "For you I am love.", they never get it).

- My parents made the lovely remark once that I sort of had it coming, those cheating stupid ass pervy boyfriends(two in total), due to the way I look. They meant it more like a warning, not a judgement, but it sure as hell felt that way.

- Guys chatting you up, expecting crazy ass sex, just because you're pierced. An example I remember:

"Hi. You are the first goth I ever talked to!"
I'm holding my breath, trying not to congratulate him and then choke in my endless laughter.
He continues: "You know, underneath all that makeup, you must be a pretty woman!" Yes pal, indirectly calling me ugly will get you very far.
He decides to really win me over: "Yeah, a lot of goths suffer from mental illness you know, they're really confused!", and then...the charming bugger looks at me, he is expecting me to come home with him for some confusing mentally deranged sex. I decide to toy with the bastard by keeping him company in the bar all night, and leaving alone. Asshole.

-------------

Posted By: Hydrochlorine
Date Posted: December/03/2008 at 11:16pm
I forget to mention one more: taking pictures of me, or me and friends without asking. We are not a free of charge freak show.

-------------

Posted By: miamaliciouss
Date Posted: December/04/2008 at 1:50am
Hahaa.

I thought the looks I got were bad when I just had my medusa done.

But it's just funny now with the rest of my face.

I've gotten

-little kids on buses starring at me but I like that. it's like. a puzzled 'what' look. some kids even touch their cheeks on their top lip. it's funny.

-a lot of old people give horrible looks.

-got called a Gothic cunt in the city once by some 'gangstas'.

-was on a bunch with a bunch of my pierced friends and got called 'emo motherfuckers' by some 'gangstas'

-I was as a cashier at a service station so I get a lot of 'Did that hurt?'
Most people are generally really nice about it.
One guy took his time thinking of something to say and came out with 'You have more holes in your face than a machine gun puts in a can.'

-I get called tackle box a lot too.

-People outright pointing and then glaring. I told an old lady and her company to shove it up their F Holes once while I was in a really bad mood and they were starring and pointing.

-my non pierced friends parents seem to automatically think Im a 'bad seed'.

most of the time now it's just funny for me.
sometimes when there's a big group of us with mods we make jokes about having to have a few unmodded people with us just so we don't look like some 'mod gang.'

I was in woolworths the other day and a bunch of idigenous kids were coming in and one noticed my piercings and asked if they hurt and I was like nah cuz. then his mate called out so I turned around and like, made my cheek poked out. their faces were priceless, followed by an ''OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL THAT'S SO DISGUSTING D:"

Posted By: zombieDEADman
Date Posted: December/04/2008 at 2:11am
My father, who works at a prison, intoroduces me to his friends he works with by saying that I am starting to look like an inmate.  It doesnt bother me but hes my dad u know lol.  Oh well.

Date Posted: December/04/2008 at 4:29am
when I got my first piercing, my medusa

I got home and my parents were fairly shocked

because I only brought it up the night before and they were like lol whatever pussy.

the only thing they said was

'Don't turn out like Tor okay.'

Tor's an old friend of mine with 1" lobes, snakebites, septum, monroe and the word 'LAWLZ' tattooed on his leg >.>

Date Posted: December/04/2008 at 4:46am
I keep remembering stupid stuff now.

Like. Hah. One of my best friends dad, this really old italian man. He hates them.

When I first met him he was like

>.> what is that on your face ?

and got all cross.

then one day me and three other girls were there.

and it was like what

two septums and 5 lip rings in all.

and he woke up and went up to a girl that had a small tiny little lip ring and went completely OFF at her.

and we're like, standing there, trying not to laugh, the two girls flip up their septums and with their hands over their mouths so that he can't see their labrets.

and im there with my tongue trying to cover my medusa and we all just start pissing ourselves

except the girl getting yelled at.

and then he got all angry and just threw up his hands and walked off.

not when I see him he offers me a nail, incase I want more holes >.>

upside.

there's this public bus driver.

and everytime I see him he tells me he likes my metal

and gives me free fair :)

yay for nice people.

Posted By: beatniks
Date Posted: December/08/2008 at 3:48am
HAHAAHAHAHAH ugh it's so sadly funny how often it happens to people.
I guess until your older (we're older) it'll always happen.
About 5 months ago I was in the city waiting for the bus with my mates.
One of them basically had just got back from a rave, and me and my gay housemate at the time had met up with her, and we had this insane old lady come up to us and start cursing and asking disgusting questions like, "Does she feel your piercings when she goes down there? Fuckin' ugly kids." and EVERYTHING was slurred and worse, until my mate turned around and said, "Bitch I like chicks, can you just shut fuck up?" and she started getting closer BUT FORTUNATELY THE BUS CAME AND WE DID THE MATURE THING OF FLIPPING HER THE FINGER BEHIND THE WINDOWS. ;)

Posted By: standingtyping
Date Posted: December/08/2008 at 4:19am
i remember when i was thin, cropped tops were in style and I first had my belly button pierced (we're talking 1990 here) and my mom's friend hooked a damned dog leash to it. needless to say i was semi helpless and had to follow him about for a bit til i unhooked myself. we were in public and people were generally a tad horrified. twas awesome.  ahh fun times. my mother is still more accepting of my mods than my father. he calls my scarification "socially unconscionable" and he asks often "what did i do wrong that makes you want to hurt yourself like that?" so i get the rudeness at home even.

-------------
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."

Posted By: endo666
Date Posted: December/22/2008 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Carrie_p2005

I've had quite a few guys at the club I work at tell me I would be so much prettier without my tattoos and piercings.  For the most part, adults don't ever say anything to me out in public, but kids are always asking me why I have those "things" in my face.  I always answer with "why not?"  

that is messed up. i have told people that they look more amazing with there piercings and tattoos.

most of the time they just ask if they hurt to which i simply answer yes. i dont mind questions though. they also ask how my nape piercings stay in.

-------------
The difference between being eccentric and insane is money. So i guess im insane.

Posted By: AntoParanoia
Date Posted: December/22/2008 at 9:00am
jajaja yep my mom freaked out when she saw my snakebites!!
now that i have more in my face and planning to get more....i think she has given up!! jajajaj
she is allways telling me i'll looked better without all this "things" in my face 
and my grandpa said i was a tramp and a drug addict
but i really don't care i like it so fuck off!

-------------
Todos estamos muertos por dentro, la diferencia es cuanto tardas en descubrirlo...

Posted By: crimsonghost
Date Posted: December/22/2008 at 11:17am
oh man, i cant count how many times people have confronted me on the streets.  never actually been called a punk, altho i obviously am, but i did have a man come up to me in a mall and tell me im a disgrace to society and that people like me are whats truly wrong with this world.  that was entertaining.  i have also had countless fights with family members about my appearance, ranging from simple laughing jokes to me saying fuck you to my aunt after she called me disgusting cuz of my piercings.  its a fun life i wont lie hahahaha

-------------
"Fucked and left for dead"
-whitechapel

Posted By: PrincessAnna
Date Posted: December/22/2008 at 11:47am

There are so many things that annoy me so much about other people when it comes to mods. Asking questions is perfectly fine,even if i've heard it about 50 times in one day I will still answer it perfectly politely,but why  people feel they can lose all common curtesy when they talk to me, I will never know. In the last week I have had "why do you want to look like you have been attacked by a nailgun?" which to be honest made me laugh, "do you have any down there?" which I know is not especially rude but come on! do you go up to anyone else and ask them about their parts? Aaand my alltime favourite "you'd be such a bonny wee quine if you took all that shite oot yer face" or "you were so much prettier before you got that all done" which fine, its personal opinion, but I would never go up to someone i've never met before and say "you'd be so much prettier if you changed your hair/dressed differently", its just not acceptable and its plain rude, so why is it acceptable to say it to me? obviously I do get worse comments (like the one I posted earlier in the thread, under my old username about that woman calling me disgusting for having surface piercings) but thankfully, I don't get them as much as I get the generic comments.

you want to stare? fine, you want to ask questions? fine. But there is absolutely no need to be so damn rude!
/ rant.

-------------
I'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way

Posted By: xevious
Date Posted: December/22/2008 at 12:14pm
I was drawing on my kids with sharpies once, and in the middle of drawing on my daughter we went outside the shop, me to smoke, her to play. This old lady came up screaming about tattooing children, calling the cops, ect. I laughed at her, told her they were my kids, and she started telling me I was a horrible parent. I then pointed out that they were sharpie, my daughter said she wouldn't get a tattoo until she was old enough anyways, and the old lady walked off pissed.

Funny thing is, my children are excellent students (my son is in honors classes at 7), they are well behaved for the most part (they are children after all) and I've even been complimented on how well raised my children are from complete strangers. They just wanted me to draw on em lol.

-------------
I have titties.

Date Posted: December/23/2008 at 2:54pm
and be taped to the wall occasionally.

-------------

Posted By: catexelizabeth
Date Posted: December/23/2008 at 3:41pm
this morning i woke up to an interrogation that started something like,
"so what have you pierced now?"
and then my mother proceeded to tell me how she's going to send me to a shrink.
keep in mind i'm a few weeks away from 19...i even took my lip ring out a while ago to pacify her a bit.
i don't even dabble in the more hardcore mods!
it's effing ridiculous how much shit i get from her,
even my dorm-mates make fun.

Posted By: CheapPerfume
Date Posted: December/23/2008 at 4:59pm
The comments I hate the most (from my mom) are the ones suggesting that because I've gotten done a few "abnormal" things (stretched lobes and small scarification work) I must be mentally off balance and need help.

Please.

Posted By: xKayleighbobsx
Date Posted: December/23/2008 at 5:30pm
On a happier note :)
Yesterday I was shopping, and a girl who worked in the shop made the effort to come up to my and say she liked my snakebites :) Granted, she was a similar age to me, but it was nice.

-------------

Posted By: harley.g
Date Posted: December/23/2008 at 10:51pm
rofl i just got"you do know there's a ring in your nose right?" lol like 5 min ago walking towards my next door neighbor

-------------

Posted By: asylum
Date Posted: December/23/2008 at 11:17pm
although my family doesn't really like my piercings, they don't say much,
my grandpa has made comment about my ears though.

"when you're my age your saggy ears will hang down to your saggy tits"

LOVE YOU GRANDPA -_-

Posted By: Pinkie
Date Posted: December/24/2008 at 12:49am
My best story is probably when I like 14.  I was much younger and not yet modded other than my first holes in my ears, but my hair was pink and I was always wearing those big Tripp bondage pants.  My bro was pretty punked-out at the time and had two nose piercings and large gauged ears.  Him, my folks and I were walking down the street and this crazy-haired homeless woman pushing a shopping cart full of plastic bags looked at us and mumbled "I wonder what wen wrong with those kids..."

Overall, I've found that people are pretty nice to me.  A lot are curious.  I often get asked if my three two nostril piercings and my septum piercing are all one thing...which wouldn't really make any sense, but a lot of people think it does.  Kids love it and I always think it's funny how they'll say something really loud and their parents will hush them up real quick.  And a lot of old people are nice, too.  The other day in the grocery store (this has nothing to do with mods, but it's sorta related) I was wearing my denim jacket with all my patches and crap all over it and this awesome old dude comes up and says "Very interesting jacket!  I have no idea what any of it means, but I love it!"

I do get a lot of stares, but I think it's more the way I dress and my hair (all brown and buzzed to about a half an inch except my bangs and little pieces on the side which is usually either pink or platinum blonde) than my mods.  My mom says she's going to put me on What Not To Wear.  I'm addicted to that show, but I wouldn't give away my loook for anything.

Posted By: Pinkie
Date Posted: December/24/2008 at 12:51am
Originally posted by harley.g

rofl i just got"you do know there's a ring in your nose right?" lol like 5 min ago walking towards my next door neighbor

Oh man, I know how that goes.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "you know your hair is pink, right?" at this point I usually pretend to freak out and say I need to go see the doctor or act all upset and go "I HAVE A CONDITION!!!!"

Posted By: Braids
Date Posted: December/24/2008 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Pinkie

My best story is probably when I like 14.  I was much younger and not yet modded other than my first holes in my ears, but my hair was pink and I was always wearing those big Tripp bondage pants.  My bro was pretty punked-out at the time and had two nose piercings and large gauged ears.  Him, my folks and I were walking down the street and this crazy-haired homeless woman pushing a shopping cart full of plastic bags looked at us and mumbled "I wonder what wen wrong with those kids..."

Overall, I've found that people are pretty nice to me.  A lot are curious.  I often get asked if my three two nostril piercings and my septum piercing are all one thing...which wouldn't really make any sense, but a lot of people think it does.  Kids love it and I always think it's funny how they'll say something really loud and their parents will hush them up real quick.  And a lot of old people are nice, too.  The other day in the grocery store (this has nothing to do with mods, but it's sorta related) I was wearing my denim jacket with all my patches and crap all over it and this awesome old dude comes up and says "Very interesting jacket!  I have no idea what any of it means, but I love it!"

I do get a lot of stares, but I think it's more the way I dress and my hair (all brown and buzzed to about a half an inch except my bangs and little pieces on the side which is usually either pink or platinum blonde) than my mods.  My mom says she's going to put me on What Not To Wear.  I'm addicted to that show, but I wouldn't give away my loook for anything.
those things rip so easy lol im still waiting for my mom to fix 2 pair of em

-------------
omnomnom

Posted By: jito
Date Posted: December/24/2008 at 1:31am
wpw

Posted By: Spirit Of Ukko
Date Posted: December/28/2008 at 2:37pm
People are fucking dumb. I've had many people confront me with the same bullshit. Basically saying just because I modify my body I'm a little hoodlum. All I want to say is fuck you, you don't know anything about me. Why don't people just try talking with me. They'll understand I have a fucking brain. 

Posted By: zombiemaster
Date Posted: December/28/2008 at 8:30pm
So, yeah I get the usual too. "did it hurt" "why" "what about when you get older" etc. I usually dont take offense to these questions but use it as an opportunity to strike up a good conversation about body modification and what it means to me. Once people figure out that I'm a nice guy they over look the  mods and carry on about their business.
I live in the middle of the "bible belt" in south Mississippi and surprisingly enough I dont get the negative as much as the positive. Some of my favorites are the "tackle box" comments, or the"b-b gun". And I love getting the "DID YOU KNOW YOU HAVE..." comments too. Responding to those like I have no idea what they are talking about usually discourages them from making further comments.
One of my all time favorites was with my Dad though.
 Its taken the old guy a while to come around to the idea of me having piercings, but he got use to it eventually and love my tattoo. When his friends ask him "why did you let him do that?" he defends me by saying "well at least he's not doing drugs or in jail" Thank you dad.

But, as I was saying, by far the funniest one.
My dad  and I were working on a car together one day. I had my septum piercing flipped up because he didn't know about it yet. I happened to look up for something and my Dad noticed the glimmer of silver in my nose. He jumped back exclaiming "what the hell is that" and in the process dropped a wrench on my foot. So while I was dancing around in pain holding my foot I said "what do you mean" He grabbed my face with dirty hands and started pulling at my face trying to get a better look. My septum was maybe a week old and still sensitive so now my eyes are watering from the wrench and his pulling at my nose. Then he shook his head and said "well damn, another one huh? well i hope that one hurt cause i really don't like it but its your body"
I love my Dad.

-------------
I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live.

Posted By: LucieMay
Date Posted: December/28/2008 at 8:49pm
As a teen I dated a guy who lived in Salford, a rough area of Manchester. We'd sometimes get chased by the local chavs (we called them scallies then) and called anything along the variations of hippy/moshers/goths/freaks/greebos etc. My bf was mugged and beat up a few times. Since then, no, I've not really encountered serious abuse, more silly comments or bemusement or people just generally being wankers. When I go to work, I dress in a corporate way and have a very normal hair style now so I don't attract many adverse comments from people I don't know. 

Posted By: KaylaAnarchy
Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 1:09am
alot of people call me "punk" i listen to the music and alot of ska
i enjoy making diy clothing and jewlery
but shit dude,
if im a dirty punk kid im proud of it.

oh also,
i shower daily, sometimes more than once a day.
so shove it.

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 3:11am
i dont believe you. send pictures.

-------------

Date Posted: January/04/2009 at 3:35am
paha ^
i get some weird looks at the mall with my septum...
a doctor of mine was saying how "disgusting" it is when people play with their tongue piercings, which i found terribly funny...little does she know i have two, annnd
my own mother insinuated that i'm a freak.
on the plus side,
a few people have told me they like my piercings =]

Posted By: JessiXgenocide
Date Posted: January/07/2009 at 9:40pm

Where I live is a very small town, and most of them are older.  I get strange looks a lot and "did that hurt?" and "why would you do that?" and stuff like that but I had a teacher in 9th grade who, just after I just got my septum done, showered me with rude comments like it looks like a huge booger and its a handle for the devil to climb into my brain...?  she was a strange one.

-------------
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Poe

Posted By: JessicaKarli
Date Posted: January/12/2009 at 9:54pm
My mother always loved piercings but never had money (Or parents permission) to do it.

So, my sisters and I convinced her to get a piercing that she'd always liked, but was too afraid to get.

It's funny, because we're both Christians, and a lot of people in church will look at you funny if you have piercings, especially if you're 36.

My piercings don't define me, and they don't change the person that I am on the inside.

People have to stop judging.

My Nan always hated my piercings.

Date Posted: January/12/2009 at 10:04pm
just recently one of my exes texted me and said i turned myself into a "pin cushion"
among other, more obscene insults.

it took me a little to realize what he was talking about,
i don't really think of my piercings like that...

anyhoo my mum was NOT happy to see how large i want to stretch my ears (5/8")
and said something along the lines of it being "sick"

haha
fx the haters =]

-------------
"light a candle for the sinners, set the world on fire."

Date Posted: January/12/2009 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by kcir

i dont believe you. send pictures.

bwahahaha

-------------

Posted By: Tahnee
Date Posted: January/12/2009 at 11:08pm
This one time at work (customer service) i had had an argument with a rude customer who was being quite nasty to one of the juniors. Anyway the next day he came in to complain to my manger about me (even though he was wrong! :)) and his words were "that THING with the piercings....! blah blah" so just because i have piercings and such im not even a human, im a thing!. ugh! but i also have some great convos with people mostly all positive.

-------------
Do ants make footsteps?

Posted By: Valkyries
Date Posted: January/31/2009 at 12:34am
Having my ears stretched has gotten me alot of harassment. Im fine with the people who are down to earth and just curious. But for the people who come up and give me dirty look's and say some really pointless crap gets on my nervs.

I could care less what people think though. I live for body mods. I only have my ears at inch and half at the moment. I plan on getting my septum dermal punched in a week ^_^ SO STOKED!@

Posted By: AltheaRose
Date Posted: January/31/2009 at 6:30am
Good grief, where to start. Consistantly since I had any visible piercings I've been harassed about them / my appearance. To this day, I get told that I "would be so much prettier without them" -- including my "loving" family. My boyfriend and I can't leave the house without being harassed. We live in a very uptight area and we're a bit grown up to be getting called out like we do. Now that we have a baby, we get even more reactions -- like "Oh my god, the freaks are having babies !!" I've found that the hot spots for being assaulted are grocery stores and malls. (I quite often find myself saying "freaks have to eat too" while at Stop & Shop)

One of my favorite reactions was at the Olive Garden last year, as a waitress showed us to our table a girl that had a fork full of food headed for her mouth, froze and gaped at us with the fork in her mouth. She look completely horrifed. A lot of times when we go out to eat they'll sit us in the way back. My boyfriend never usually even notices the stares but I'm very observant and catch most of the looks we get.

I still get yelled at while walking down the sidewalk, I still have random people come up to me and preach Jesus at me (because they think I worship Satan), I still have old ladies telling me that I'm destroying myself and I should be ashamed. . . but every once in a while somebody has something nice to say !

Posted By: SydneyMcE
Date Posted: February/14/2009 at 6:51am
My nape piercings generally cause quite a stir whenever their visible. I've never had anyone say anything malicious about them though. People are usually just curious as to how they're in there. Most people think they're neat and tell me they're actually kind of pretty.

Though, I did once have a guy knock on my car window at the campus asking me if I had a few moments to talk about Jesus, I said no thank you, that's not a particular belief I subscribe to and rolled my window back up. I got out a few minutes later to head to class and he was still in the parking lot and came up to me again but he could now see my piercings and tattoos and said 'I'm sorry, you are beyond saving, you already have the marks of the devil and he scurried away. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a pamphlet from him, I'd have been curious as to what it had to say if that was his reaction to me, haha.

I also get the 'you'd be so much prettier without all that metal and those tattoos you have' comment I've read that others of you have been getting. Those statements really piss me off because that's the equivalent of saying 'you could be pretty, but you're not'. I don't know, I've always held the thought, especially when it comes to tattoos, if you don't care for it be quite as it's not your business and they have to live with it. I don't expect everyone to like my choices, but if what I'm doing doesn't effect you then by all means, keep your mouth shut, you know?

Posted By: lil lucifer
Date Posted: February/14/2009 at 7:08am
I went to the mall the other day with one of my mates who has maybe 70% of his body covered in marquesian style tats and a face FULL of metal and no one even noticed me ..lol. All I heard was "daddy look at the man" or "Marge, get a load of that guy" With the occasional " he could at least wear a real shirt and hide some of that.. er what ever it is".. LMFAO. I dont mind the looks I get or even the questions really. But like I said, I just blended in with the crowd next to him. And to think I was feeling unsure about the hmong hill tribe pants I was wearing. (ultra baggy, crutch near ankles style thai fishermans pants)

-------------
Guns are for show, Knives are for a pro!

Posted By: Girlgerm
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 12:39pm
I dont look too different but i live with three girls with nothing but ear piercings and i remember one tme after we were out we were walking to ours and met a bunch of kids who obviously watch too much skins (tv show) and invited them to a party but "not that weird chick" :( i was only in skinnies, a vest top with my hair pinned up with a scarf as a hairband. Cunts, made me feel right ugly. If only we had brought our mates home who were in town with us, they woulda loved them :P

-------------

Posted By: QOTSA90
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 1:00pm

Noone can see my ink unless they ask to, but the ppl that know I have it abuse me for it day in day out.. I really dont care and its never botherd me but thats because its so over exagerated! "he got angel wings tattood on his dick.. " so when ppl that havent seen them ASK to see them.. I more often than not get complimented.. then the haters look like retards :P

Also, ever since I was a little kid Iv always been nice to modded ppl.. I never made a point of staring, I just did cos ink was so damn intriguing(sp?) The first experience I ever had with a modded person in real life was a big lad with full sleeves.. I guess I was around 9 or 10 and I just sat talkin to him for a while about them, when my Mam came outta the shop she almost shit herself lol

-------------
Would anyone mind if I used the Bodymod Skully next time?

Posted By: Girlgerm
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 3:10pm
awww thats cute! my dad had full sleeves when i was a baba and the cutest pics are of me as a newborn with my daddys inked up arms holding me. :D he lost an arm in an accident and ill always remember him sayin "fuck, that was the arm with the dearest tattoos!!" lol

-------------

Posted By: QOTSA90
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 3:13pm
^awesome! I mean it sucks he lost his arm and obv alot of his ink.. but thats a great quote :)

-------------
Would anyone mind if I used the Bodymod Skully next time?

Posted By: Peanut Esteves
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 5:31pm
when i go to publix alone to shop, i get skipped at the deli, and the lady at the bakery always asks me if I'm going to pay for my stuff wtf 
i ride bus and metro everywhere so
i get questions which don't bother me, just the stares they kill me =[
and my ears been poked before, like they poked it and kept walking lol

-------------
PEANUT Esteves

Posted By: jackybacky
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 5:39pm
I used to stare at heavily modded people, i still do. but not in a horrified way,  ive always been intrigued, for as long as i can remember.

I find now that i have a fair few piercings and a couple of tattoos, when i see somone else with piercings, tattoos and what have you, we kinda check each others mods out its quite cool. I enjoy it till i trip up a curb.

Posted By: felonious drunk
Date Posted: February/16/2009 at 9:43pm
Someone asked my friend if he was a Nazi.
He was thrown in traffic and kicked in the face until he stopped moving.

You should have told that bitch that you live with the HiV.
Thrown a Hi5 and spit in her eye.

Posted By: needle_freek
Date Posted: February/17/2009 at 9:27am
ive got sleeves on both my arms and ive got a fair few tattoos on my legs aswell..but it is always my piercings that seem to attract unwanted attention off people..especially my flesh tunnels. it's usually always from old alcoholics at the pubs in the town i live in..it has provoked fights because i feel it's a bit unnecessary for some drunk twat who can barley remember his own name to talk down to me..

Posted By: morbiddoctor
Date Posted: February/24/2009 at 4:07am
right after i filed my teeth down i was talking to this girl at work i was trying to get with and she saw them. she got this wide eyed turned on/you actually did it look. later she told me to go show phil (bossman), he never really approved of my stuff. anyways, i smiled at him and he said "theres something wrong with you." i asked what it was and he said i need to go to church. i asked him "why? i didnt do anything wrong." come to think of it, thats when i was living in kansas.

-------------

Posted By: endo666
Date Posted: February/24/2009 at 10:37pm
i have recently been surprised at how open people are getting towards mods in my town.

i work in local schools (k to12) and i talk with principals and secretary's all the time and had gotten many comments about my nape piercings. they all ask questions of interest. (which doesn't bother me.) i had several say they were cool.

-------------
The difference between being eccentric and insane is money. So i guess im insane.

Posted By: tabii
Date Posted: March/02/2009 at 9:29am
i used to live in washington d.c., which has a lot of problems with safety in its school districts, so my parents had me apply to a charter school.
well, the school accepted me after an interview and all, but it turned into a military academy over the summer - meaning JROTC was mandatory and all that. Now, i didn't have a problem with dying my hair a normal shade of red and wearing a retainer in my nose (that was all I had at the time), but the head of the JROTC took me aside while i was picking up my uniforms, and asked me, "how do you wake up every morning, and look at your face in the mirror and feel good about yourself? why do you mar your face like that?" i was completely shocked. i told him, "just as easily as you do, sir. i paid someone to pierce me because i thought the result would enhance my appearance. looking in the mirror is no hardship."

nobody here in italy looks at me sideways, but my town is pretty small and we have a lot of piercing/tattooing studios in the vicinity.

Posted By: Melsa
Date Posted: September/19/2010 at 9:00pm
It happens ALL THE TIME for me. I'm more heavily tattooed than pierced although I have my fair share of both.

The one that stood out to me most was when I was eating at the Whole Foods cafe and a woman went out of her way to call me disgusting, say some generic remark about how my septum piercing being a bull ring and how she feels sorry for my parents etc. I couldn't help but laugh at her expression when I called her ignorant and told her that I don't like how she looks very much either. Ha!

Posted By: willisb3ast
Date Posted: February/24/2011 at 10:43pm
I get stares from everyone. The mod scene in my town isn't huge but there are enough people here with piercings and/ or tattoos. If I stand on a street corner, and people stopped at the intersection will stare at me with looks of disgust. I don't really pay attention anymore, but after a while it starts to get old. I've also been segregated from groups of people because I have piercings. My Intelligence is also assumed to be at a lower level as well.

My piercings make me who i am, I'm proud to rock them and be the person I want to be. Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

Posted By: Dregg
Date Posted: March/07/2011 at 7:18pm
I've a coworker that harasses me pretty constantly about my facial piercings.  I take it in stride, but some of the "office mothers" have started to jump down her throat about it.  Tons of fun to watch.

As for public, no one really cares around here.  Even though I've not gotten much done yet, I can still tell the attitudes are shifting towards the positive.

Posted By: SolidOak
Date Posted: September/16/2011 at 11:07pm
I'm not that modded but I usually respond to people by being overly polite or responding in the *opposite* of how they acted towards me. That really throws people off because they are really just looking to get a rise out of you and when you act like you don't care they just kind of shut up. You can see the look on their faces that they just realized they made an ass out of themselves in public.

My favorite personal story though is this -

I was working at the 'Jewish Community Center' (basically a YMCA but we had a lot of Somali and Ethiopian and Hmong people too) working 4 different positions doing 70 hour weeks. One shift when I was working in the fitness center an old guy whom I never had any issues with flies off the handle about how we were out of equipment wipes and he didn't want to have to use the paper towels and spray bottles. I explained "exactly" why the shortage was and that it was out of my control and I wasn't the person to be yelling at about it. He blows up even more and responds with "I don't have to take this from someone that looks like you" so I then reply with "You would probably never expect someone that looks like me to be an Iraq Veteran either would you?".. He immediately stopped, got really wide eyed and walked away. Then came back after about an hour later  and apologized and sat and swapped old Army stories with me.

Posted By: BiggieSOMD
Date Posted: September/19/2011 at 8:40pm
I dont really have too many mods, only a few piercings. However just having a septum and some wild hair has sent a few individuals making comments. The way I look at it, is for every negative comment I get. I get 2 positive comments in return. I even had a little 8yr tug on my shirt at work and ask if my septum hurt. I just crouched down and told her it hurt less then getting my lobes done. She happily ran away to her mom and told her she wants a nose ring. Too young, prolly, but I still got a laugh out of it.

Posted By: xrenadefine
Date Posted: December/26/2011 at 6:45am
- Going to the doctor with my septum out and the doctor going, "Oh my goodness, what people are doing nowadays to themselves." and then going "Well, as long as you don't come back with those stretched lobes that all the kids are doing."

- Getting stared at, pointed at, and people turning to whomever they're with to comment on my appearance

- My uncle getting angry at me & calling me a cow/ "ooga booga" for my septum

& my favorite:

when I forgot to flip my septum in the morning, rushing to the bus, and people staring at me & then, that afternoon, a guy trying to look up my nose to see if I actually had my septum, from across the bus, while his not so quiet friend told him that I did have it. Oh yes, because I can't see someone a few feet away trying to look up my nose.

xD

-------------
And darling, don't you dare go turn my nightmares into dreams again

Posted By: AyaMcCabre
Date Posted: December/26/2011 at 11:22pm
I've been stared at since I started presenting myself in a way that could be called 'goth', I've been yelled at regularly since I started dying my hair.... I can't honestly say that tattoos or piercings have changed anything. I get a lot of questions about what the tattoo on my arm says and where the other end of my ashley piercing is (I usually say it's on the back of my neck where my microdermal is) but that's about it.

-------------
Time is on my side she said
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end -
He's coming after you my friend.

Posted By: thatuglydog
Date Posted: January/06/2012 at 7:06am
I've had a kid ask me recently if i was a witch and knew magic.

I've also been called a bull and some moron was about to pull on my septum.

-------------
I am ugly to them,
I am ugly to you.
If i keep trying,
Then I might be beautiful.

Posted By: LeeLee1341
Date Posted: January/23/2012 at 6:44am
I think it's so close-minded for people to say things like that just because of piercings/tattoos.

Anyway, my mom cried when I got my first tattoo. Seriously cried. Said she was disappointed in me and wanted to know how she had failed me.

Posted By: ShellBell93
Date Posted: May/22/2012 at 6:22am
I've taken a lot of my piercings out now, but I still manage to get a bit of attention, haha. I've been called everything from "a mutilated freak" to "trash", and of course the usuals "disgusting", "weird", etc.

To be honest, I don't mind the attention, good or bad. It's a choice I made, I know my mods aren't going to be loved by everyone and that they will attract negative attention. I was fully aware of the ignorance common in my city, that I would be judged unfairly. The only thing I can do is show people I'm a good person despite appearances.

Posted By: XDreadedRebelX
Date Posted: May/26/2012 at 11:33pm
My mother called me a disappointment bc my piercings which lead to my first tattoo "Fucking Disgrace" on the inside of my lip. 

-------------
XXDreadedRebelXX

Posted By: xkitax
Date Posted: July/20/2012 at 4:03pm
I recently got spider bites done and when i went up to my school (I'm in college and I'm part of student government) the reactions were hilarious .... One admin said we had to have a meeting/intervention lol... I asked her would she say the same thing about whatever I get next... Another admin told me she was going to make me read the bible bc I was sinning (I just laughed at her) ... I got a lot of reactions...those were just my favorites

-------------
^_^

Posted By: redjak
Date Posted: July/21/2012 at 12:32pm
Family on my moms side are all Jehovah's witnesses constantly criticize me and tell me my piercings are sins.  I just tell them to show me where it says that in the bible but none of them ever have been able to.

Print Page | Close Window