<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Pierced - for life or for the moment? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
DoriTime
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote DoriTime Replybullet Posted: June/05/2008 at 7:42am
Wow thats amazing.. He must have a full body suit ?

Or close to it ?
IP IP Logged
freak_nutcase
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote freak_nutcase Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 3:16pm
I can't imagine retiring any of my piercings, the only way that'd happen is if they truely need taking out for a medical purpose, of course careers always get in the way, but hopefully in the future people will look past it and accept them as the norm.
IP IP Logged
crystoth
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote crystoth Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 3:29pm
My septum will stay with me forever, even if I one day choose to only ever wear a retainer in it.
My other piercings... well they're purely just for the aesthetic value so may come and go with time, who knows. Between the ages of 17 and 19 I was much more heavily pierced than I am now but chose to retire most of them purely because my aesthetic desires changed.

Edited by crystoth - June/09/2008 at 3:44pm
Psyren Design
IP IP Logged
Alex is Holey
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Alex is Holey Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 4:06pm
My mom always tells me I will grow out of it, as with most of society. When you do something like body modification, you are doing it because it's how you truly want to look. If that means numerous and huge holes, or even ink embedded into your skin, then so be it. We all do this because it's how WE want ourselves to look. Now of course we may retire certain piercings or choose to get others overtime but we still do this because we like it.

When something becomes a part of your everyday life, then it usually stays. No matter what anyone else thinks.

So with that, I believe my mods are here to stay with me.

Edited by Alex is Holey - June/09/2008 at 4:07pm
Isn't freedom about being allowed to do whatever you want, as long as you're not hurting others? Maybe it was in the past, but not these days. These days, freedom means being who they tell you to be and doing what you're told.
IP IP Logged
maz_b
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote maz_b Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 6:07pm
I certainly intend to keep piercing and tattooing a part of my life in my adult life as well. I'm 26 now (so I guess I'm an adult), but I don't plan on stopping when i turn 30 or 35.

I have a lot of micro dermals and dermal anchors, and I can't see why I should ask someone to cut them out of my skin when i turn 30. Unless my body rejects them before that, I intend to keep them for as long as I can.

There's not too much to say about tattoos.. -they're usually there forever, unless you have them removed by laser, and that, I certainly wont do!

It bothers me a bit as well when people think of bodymods as something for the youngsters only.

IP IP Logged
Terri-Sian
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 50

Quote Terri-Sian Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 6:10pm
obviously my tats are going nowhere
i always joke with the elderly residents i work with that when i get to their age all my ink would have sagged down round my ankles along with my earlobes!

my dad's 58 and still getting inked and my mum's 46 and requestiing some mods by my other half as well as planning her back piece!
IP IP Logged
Terri-Sian
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 50

Quote Terri-Sian Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 6:11pm
also by the time we reach that age everyone will still have them so it will be the norm!
IP IP Logged
BadSeed
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 48

Quote BadSeed Replybullet Posted: June/09/2008 at 6:17pm
The brands, scarification and large lobes are gonna stay til i'm worm food :)
At the minute i have two tattoos i want lasered off because they aren't symmetrical and are runining my chest piece, the rest of my tattoos i have no plans to remove or cover and my piercings will be taken out and redone everytime i get bored and want to redecorate my face.
IP IP Logged
stoke-skater
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote stoke-skater Replybullet Posted: June/14/2008 at 2:43pm

mine are for life, i think of one i would like and i get it done, i have only had to take one out and thats because it went wrong.

i cant see myself growing out of it anytime soon.

it makes me laugh to think that my mother once said to me when i asked for my first lip piercing "its just a fad and you will grow out of it"
pierce me and i shall be Free
IP IP Logged
Maxxie Malice
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 22

Quote Maxxie Malice Replybullet Posted: June/15/2008 at 9:37am
I have been told that I am just going through a phase, but I have 28 piercings now and I have no intention taking out any of them - apart rom my surface piercings which will grow out - and then those will be redone :D
Maxxie-Malice
'Live, Love and be True to Yourself'
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version