<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Pierced - for life or for the moment? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
yerevan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote yerevan Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 3:38pm

I don't think i'm going to 'grow out' of my mods, but I don't know for sure. Maybe I'll change one day and stop liking them.

However I think it's unlikely. I remember telling all my friends at primary school when I was roughly 6 or 7 how I was going to have my belly button pierced, and get such and such a tattoo.

I got my second lobes when I was 14, my helix's (1 now retired) at 14, and started stretching my lobes at 14. I had my navel pierced at 16. I had my first tattoo at 17. Everything else came shortly afterwards up to now.

So i've pretty much always had an interest in mods. I've been actively modding for about 5 years, and I haven't grown out of it yet.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by freetobeme

Originally posted by pierced_kitten

Originally posted by CheeseStix

but in truth, what I'd really like to do is just find never never land and never grow up.. :D
me too!  I just want to cry sometimes thinking about growing up....Frown

you are never to old to have a happy chielledhooh ! growing older dose not change who you are , it just changes your outlook on the world around you .

sailor sid , and facar were some of the first people that made body mods a part of thier lives in western culture , and publisized that , and i thank them for that . ps: they became quite old!!

body moders usualy know what they want from a very youg age , and have done mods for years . i know i have !

most likely most of you will keep your mods because you like them , and the world is more acsepting of them as time goes on  .

ps : old is no bad ! it's an adventure ! just do it lol ! there is no other choice !!!? then Tombstone

wow, i'm glad i'm not the only one that posts on this site when i'm drunk.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
onega
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote onega Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by OfYourHeart

I will most likely keep my piercings. I got them for a reason: because I didn't feel complete without them. 

hmm same here.. being in a creative field i think ( hope) that i won't have too many issues due to careering.. my mods, whether they're my steel or ink are there because as OfYourHeart said : i have them to be whole. end of the line ^^
If you hear an "ouch" in a room full of people you'll know it me.

> Queen of Clumsiness <
IP IP Logged
obiwanbenwin
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote obiwanbenwin Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 6:00pm
I would seriously hope my mods to be a part of my life even until I grow old. I wish not to lose my passion for them. I do not feel it is a fad..
IP IP Logged
DoriTime
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote DoriTime Replybullet Posted: May/26/2008 at 5:34am
I dunno about this one.
I've had some in my ears and i've taken them out coz of sleeping issues and not healing.
My lips have stayed in for aslong as they've been pierced.
So yeah i'm not sure =).
IP IP Logged
hellodave
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote hellodave Replybullet Posted: May/26/2008 at 6:07am
For life, definitely. I definitely feel that my piercings are a part of me; the couple that I've had to retire, I was absolutely devastated.
I'll be getting mods until I'm so old my health wont allow any more, and I'll keep as many as I can until the day I die.
xxx

Edited by hellodave - May/26/2008 at 6:10am
"Drink plenty of whisky and you'll live as long as me!" - Frank Smith, 1910-2006.
IP IP Logged
xXcuntcoreXx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote xXcuntcoreXx Replybullet Posted: May/26/2008 at 6:38pm
I'd like to say for life
but how am I to know what I will be like 20 years down the line?
Currently, I do think I will always have an avid interest in mods, and continue to get them till I have no room left
but things change
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
IP IP Logged
witchy_kitty
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote witchy_kitty Replybullet Posted: May/26/2008 at 8:06pm
I think i'll always have my piercings.  I hate when I hear people say they are too old for things like that.  Age is just a number it shouldn't change the way you feel or think.
Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand...Rush;Witchhunt
IP IP Logged
Druidess
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 58

Quote Druidess Replybullet Posted: May/26/2008 at 9:41pm
I would love to have them for life, but seeing as how I am studying to be a doctor, I think when I become a doctor, if not upon starting my residency, I will be required to remove my facial piercings, I have already accepted this. Though I do wish I could keep them forever.
When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fyre.
IP IP Logged
killerheels
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote killerheels Replybullet Posted: May/28/2008 at 10:07am
im modding just for the moment because i like to get pierced.
 its fun quite frankly and i think that after a while i will either run out of places to pierce or get tired of them.
 But so far i havent retired any of my piercings but if/when i do i think i would miss them soooooo much tht ill just have them done again. (woo scar tissue anyone?)
i dont think its a young person thing i think its who you are at the time and if i grow up to be someone completely different (ie. not fond of mods) then so be it. and vice versa you can be indifferent to mods for years and then like them wen u are "all grown up"
Freedom of choice, people! :)
"TELL ME OTHERWISE I'LL JAM YOU!"- Bernard Black, Black Books
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version