<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Pierced - for life or for the moment? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
karmaisoverated
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote karmaisoverated Replybullet Posted: May/19/2008 at 11:45pm
sad but true, Im in the same kinda situation where the field I am going into I can not have visible mods. Which sucks. But that doesn't mean I can't have hidden ones. :) Ill cont. to get pierced until I feel like it. so if its 5 years or 25, ill still cont. 
"Ginger Rodgers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels"
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 1:09am
My piercings are staying.
If I get a good job that doesn't allow my ear piercings, i can always grow the hair out so they aren't as noticable.
The only piercing I can see myself not keeping forever is my labret. That would only happen if I get sick of taking it out every night for work (which I don't see happening anytime soon).

But my piercings downstairs, nipples, navels, and septum are there for life. My ear ones are there for life if I can help it, but you never know what's going to happen.
IP IP Logged
freetobeme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote freetobeme Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 1:18am
Originally posted by pierced_kitten

Originally posted by CheeseStix

but in truth, what I'd really like to do is just find never never land and never grow up.. :D

me too!  I just want to cry sometimes thinking about growing up....Frown

you are never to old to have a happy chielledhooh ! growing older dose not change who you are , it just changes your outlook on the world around you .

sailor sid , and facar were some of the first people that made body mods a part of thier lives in western culture , and publisized that , and i thank them for that . ps: they became quite old!!

body moders usualy know what they want from a very youg age , and have done mods for years . i know i have !

most likely most of you will keep your mods because you like them , and the world is more acsepting of them as time goes on  .

ps : old is no bad ! it's an adventure ! just do it lol ! there is no other choice !!!? then Tombstone
IP IP Logged
Uraniumhobo
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 105

Quote Uraniumhobo Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 1:36am
the great thing about growing up is realizing that you cant get rid of your inner child, it will always be there no matter how old you get, plus whats the point of life if your always serious all the time eh? like i said before im keeping mine for life, there not just piercings, i had to adapt to mine, hell my bottem teeth arch back now becuase of the sie of the plate and im still going bigger
IP IP Logged
Rhuin
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 51

Quote Rhuin Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 3:31am
There's a guy I work with who recently got his tongue pierced and was being made fun of and told he is reliving his youth (he's only 30 or something). I don't see why this has to be the case.

I hope I will still have my piercings and still enjoy getting pierced when I'm older. Can't say for certain, obviously, but I don't feel this is a for the moment thing for me.
I choose my own way to burn
IP IP Logged
Uraniumhobo
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 105

Quote Uraniumhobo Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Rhuin

There's a guy I work with who recently got his tongue pierced and was being made fun of and told he is reliving his youth (he's only 30 or something). I don't see why this has to be the case. I hope I will still have my piercings and still enjoy getting pierced when I'm older. Can't say for certain, obviously, but I don't feel this is a for the moment thing for me.

i think people liek taht are jelous of the fact that there doing what they want and there afraid to do it so instead they ut others down to make them just as miserable as they are
IP IP Logged
freetobeme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote freetobeme Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 4:44am
it is very impotant for poeople to have thier mods in the work plase ! it is a part of whome they are ! i just do knot  understand why this is a big problem ??

i am luckey i can do what i want ! other people  will be unhappy , that is their problem ! i'm happy , thats whats counts !

yes you are happy : all the best  !Smile 
IP IP Logged
pierced_kitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote pierced_kitten Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 7:47am
Originally posted by freetobeme

it is very impotant for poeople to have thier mods in the work plase ! it is a part of whome they are ! i just do knot  understand why this is a big problem ??

yeah i think its highly disgusting and prejudice, the way body modification is shunned in the work place.  To me, its as bad as being racist *the people who discriminate*.  Unfortunately, its the way society is and we just got to deal with it.

I am very lucky too, for being able to wear my facial piercings on the job.
IP IP Logged
xKayleighbobsx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote xKayleighbobsx Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 11:58am
This reminds me of when i was talking to my ex (then my boyfriend) a while back about children and he said 'when you have a baby you'll have to take your facial piercings out, so you're sensible and grown up' =S I thought that was quite possibly the stupidest thing hes ever said (and believe me, hes said a lot of dumb stuff lol!)
I think its stupid when people make out its a phase, and its just for the young. And assume that when 'im ready to grow up' then i'll take them out. I cant see it, but who knows maybe i'll just tire of them as opposed to feel the need to remove them because of my age! =)

Edited by xKayleighbobsx - May/20/2008 at 11:59am
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: May/20/2008 at 12:36pm
Well, this "old lady" got her first (and only) tattoo when she was 36. Wink

In July, 2007, at the age of 46 I had my nipples pierced (12g) and now my nipples are 6g. Eye-Popping

I had my vch done at 10g (now 8g) in January, and my septum pierced at 6g in late March.

My biggest project yet, an outer labial ladder, gets started on June 7th, and it will include a "Rite of Passage" ceremony. Smile

Will I "outgrow" my mods? I certainly hope not! greytongue

Each one is special in it's own way, and I plan on being very Censored old (in my 90's) and still having my piercings in place!
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version