<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Pierced - for life or for the moment? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19
izzysmom254
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote izzysmom254 Replybullet Posted: June/03/2013 at 11:06am
for life. people go through phases and get all kinds of crazy piercings and then a few years down the road take them out. but the rest of us who truly enjoy them I don't think age is going to matter.
IP IP Logged
DreadedRebel
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote DreadedRebel Replybullet Posted: June/14/2013 at 5:47am
I like to think there some piercings ill probably never take out like my labert or conchs but as time goes on and i have to "grow up" i see myself shedding a few piercing like my shark bites and stuff like that not really leaving this part of my life behind but toning everthing down a bit.
IP IP Logged
Echovi
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote Echovi Replybullet Posted: June/14/2013 at 9:07pm
I'm pierced for life at the moment.

To be serious though...I have microdermals implanted, magnet implanted, lobes stretched. Nothing is gonna really go away easily for me.
IP IP Logged
SuicydePrincess
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote SuicydePrincess Replybullet Posted: July/21/2013 at 9:24pm
Personally, I look at piercings the same way I look at tattoos. Permanent!

I am not the type of person where I make a major decision, like putting holes or ink into my body, as just something to try and see if I like it. I see people getting piercings all the time and getting them, removing them to close then getting them redone multiple times and I don't understand that frame of mind. When I get a piercing, in my mind it is permanent and there to stay for life. As far as what other people do that is their choice, but not me.

Also it depends on why you get pierced. There are many reasons I could think of why someone would want to "get a piercing just because" but my reasoning is that I want to wear jewelry in those particular places and I want to wear them ALL THE TIME. Basically to where the only reason of removal is to change them or because of doctors appointments, and situations to where they absolutely have to be removed (excluding a job). I will not take out a piercing to please an employer, I spend a lot of time and money getting these piercings, I don't want to take them out for long periods of time and risk them closing up or risk irritation. I take a lot of time in the thought process of choosing my piercings, because I'm not the type to get a piercing because I think it might look good and then take it out permanently because I thought wrong, I will not go through with any piercing no matter how much I love it and have to have it if I feel the slightest bit that I will end up taking it out.

Not sure if anyone can understand what i am saying, I was just rambling on about my thoughts on this subject... bottom line, when I get a piercing I go with the mindset that it is permanent, just like a tattoo, and that it is not to be removed for any reason other than to clean it, change it, if it rejects itself, or if it jeopardizes my health in any way (I break a tooth, tongue infection, ripped limbs, etc.)

On a side note, I don't believe it is a "young person" fad, I see tons of old, I mean OLD people with multiple piercings in all kinds of places, so whoever says it's "just what young people are doing" is speaking out of their ass! lol
IP IP Logged
SavannahEllen
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote SavannahEllen Replybullet Posted: January/21/2014 at 11:05pm
This is my way of life now I love my piercings even though I'm just coming out of my shell into the modified world. I couldn't imagine a day with out my spider bites or stretched ears. I love my body but I love modifying it so if I were to not be able to stop modifying and take out my piercings I would be very sad, but I don't know in a couple years someing might happen which will call for me to permanently take my piercings out.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version