Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Proper way to pierce labret? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
KeeganB91
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote KeeganB91 Replybullet Topic: Proper way to pierce labret?
    Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:06am
So just curious, is it better to pierce a labret from the inside of the lip out, or from the outside of the lip in?

Just always wondered this and have seen many people argue about which way is better...greytongue

Thanks!
-Keegan
IP IP Logged
Wiseman
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Wiseman Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:14am
I prefer to do it from the outside in, as I simply feel more comfortable with it. But on the other hand, I think it might actually hurt less from the inside out.. Lets hope for a concrete answer from a more "informed" individual.
My body is my temple and I'll violate it in any way I see fit, M'kay?
IP IP Logged
theartofnecro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 27

Quote theartofnecro Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:23am
It's better to go from the inside out, but many prefer to go outside in because you can look at your marked spot and hit it easier.
IP IP Logged
CheeseStix
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 71

Quote CheeseStix Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:29am
I would assume you'd be using a flatback.. so with the method we use here, you would have to from the inside out to be able to fit the jewellery to the back of the needle
IP IP Logged
Wiseman
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Wiseman Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:46am
Originally posted by CheeseStix

I would assume you'd be using a flatback.. so with the method we use here, you would have to from the inside out to be able to fit the jewellery to the back of the needle

We use IV needles. Easy enough: Poke hole, put jewellery in IV pull IV back out so it guides the jewellery safetly through the hole. This is the only method I've been pierced with and as such it's the method i apply when i pierce. Sounds like your method is faster though :P
IP IP Logged
Mid_Marley
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 41

Quote Mid_Marley Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:48am
i agree with theartofnecro  i've pierced for around 5 years under a good piercer and we both use inside out technique.  with proper tools, as a clamp and a striaght needle (brand new ,pre packaged and steralized) i dont think anyone should have trouble with this work. pretty easy if ya ask me.  just remember lips can swell. so if you use a slightly bigger ring or stud at the begginning then switch to a smaller one after your healed. it will be more comforatable for ya. oh an ps,,, stay away from beer !!! until healed then cheers my friend
IP IP Logged
KeeganB91
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote KeeganB91 Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 8:52am
Ok cool! So it seems like the general consensus is that it's better to go from the inside out, no?

Thanks guys :)
I was just curious..
IP IP Logged
xKayleighbobsx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote xKayleighbobsx Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 11:23am

Both of my lip piercings have been done from the outside in i think. For the reason that theartofnecro suggested - its easier to see the marked spot. I think it'd hurt pretty much the same either way! Does it make a difference?

IP IP Logged
Wiseman
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Wiseman Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by xKayleighbobsx

Both of my lip piercings have been done from the outside in i think. For the reason that theartofnecro suggested - its easier to see the marked spot. I think it'd hurt pretty much the same either way! Does it make a difference?

I've had my lips pierced.... 5 times.. all from the inside out, first two didn't stay because the moron managed miss the dots.. I don't think it really matters as the piercing itself only hurts for like a fraction of a second.. then it's over. I'm still more comfortable doing it in->out since i'll be able to hit the dot easier. But in this particular case of piercing, I seriously doubt there's any difference exept personal taste of the piercer on which way is the best.
IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: May/01/2008 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Mid_Marley

oh an ps,,, stay away from beer !!! until healed then cheers my friend

lol my piercer was telling me about a couple of people that drank beer and got yiest infections from the yiest in the beer
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version