Hardcore
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Hardcore
Message Icon Topic: Tongue Splitting questions. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
sicmaggot
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote sicmaggot Replybullet Topic: Tongue Splitting questions.
    Posted: May/25/2004 at 5:22pm

I'm thinking of splitting my tongue, and want to know how long the procedure lasts and how much it bleeds (probably a LOT)  How long does it take to heal?  How long will I lose my speech?  Does it swell bad?  Do they numb your tongue before they cut it?  Can I use an anesthetic cream or rinse before doing this?

IP IP Logged
GodOfFuck
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote GodOfFuck Replybullet Posted: May/25/2004 at 6:51pm
in the scalpel and cautery method its just 10 minutes, more or less a month to heal, you will speak a bit different but just like when a tongue piercing its done and the swelling more or less like a piercing. The anesthesic depends on the person doing the split...
IP IP Logged
sicmaggot
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sicmaggot Replybullet Posted: May/26/2004 at 8:37am
I've heard tongue piercings do not hurt...until AFTER the matter.  With a tongue split, I assume that it would hurt DURING the procedure?  Or would it be AFTER as well?  I've tried to find articles on this, but couldn't...can anyone point me in the right direction? 
IP IP Logged
bri_jenk
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bri_jenk Replybullet Posted: May/26/2004 at 9:58am
have you tried BME? that's where i got most of my info! btw i get my tongue split this friday so i'll be able to answer your questions first hand after then.
dead tuna don't argue they just get abused by myranda & qogs,tell the world!
IP IP Logged
bri_jenk
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bri_jenk Replybullet Posted: May/31/2004 at 7:18am
hi ppl,as promised my account of my tongue split! well i got to the house on friday no probs & met the guys , all nice ppl then went into the room where the split was to be performed,my tongue was clamped & i was asked to put the pressure on them myself!20 mins later my tongue was clamped all the way (btw i'd had some anesthetic sprayed on first ) & i was asked if i was ready, i said yup & a tongue depresser was placed behind my tongue & the scalpel was pushed into it! i gotta admit the anesthetic didn't take away all of the pain as it came as a bit of a shock to me as i felt it move down he tongue towards the tip but in a few short moments it was through !!!! then came the blood it dripped pretty steadily for the next 15 mins at which point i was told it should stop shortly, 15 mins later it was still bleeding then 15 mins later still,it tured out the person who did the split had hit a small artery (at this point i want to say that it wasn't her fault as the artery was hidden & could easily have been hit by my piercer who pierced my tongue in the first place & missed it by less than 1 mm )so the splitter rang her mentor (another really nice guy) who came over & had a look & said "no worries we'll have this fixed in no time"  they got some cautery equipment together cutting back a little bit further (i had a bit of scarring from my piercing that he cut away for me) he cauterized the wound ,which hurt more than the cutting itself but didn't last long,the smell of my tongue burning was a little strange  but after that everything was fine! since then ive had no bleeding at all, my tongue is a little more swollen than after a normal piercing & my speech a little worse (having trouble saying my sssssssss's ) & i expect it be almost normal in the next 2or3 weeks! well thats me done, any questions?
IP IP Logged
Labyrinth144
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Labyrinth144 Replybullet Posted: June/01/2004 at 7:25pm

that's a rad anecdote, bri_jenk! (though a bit hard to read b/c of your font color!) glad everything worked out for the best!

almost everyone i know w/ a split tongue did it the longer, less bloody way, i.e. the tie-off method.  it does take a bit more patience and pain tolerance, but i've heard it's a 'better' method.  any thoughts on this?

Monika!
IP IP Logged
bri_jenk
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bri_jenk Replybullet Posted: June/02/2004 at 5:39am

hi labyrinth144

hope this font colour change has worked,i would have gone for the tie off method myself  but being a wuss decided not to! to be honest i didn't trust myself to do it & wanted  someone who had a little more experience than me to do it, but as this person lived a couple of hundred miles away from me it really had to be done in one day (get there get it done get home)that was the plan anyway! but yeah if i was to do it again i'd prob go for the tie off like you said less blood!

IP IP Logged
sicmaggot
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sicmaggot Replybullet Posted: June/09/2004 at 2:14pm
Sorry for the late reply...been a bit busy.  Did it hurt a lot after the anaesthetic wore off?  How much did you get split?
IP IP Logged
bri_jenk
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bri_jenk Replybullet Posted: June/09/2004 at 3:15pm
yeah it hurt pretty bad for the first week or so, but i don't like taking painkillers so someone that will take them would have it easier than me, & i'll measure how long the split is & get back to ya!
IP IP Logged
sicmaggot
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sicmaggot Replybullet Posted: June/12/2004 at 10:54pm

Painkillers never work for me.  Except when I had my surgeries done...when I was awake and the shit wore off, man that sucked.  Could you eat? Or did you just drink shakes or something?

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version