<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: disgusting abuse of power by police Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 12 Next >>
glimmi
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 30

Quote glimmi Replybullet Topic: disgusting abuse of power by police
    Posted: March/05/2008 at 2:39pm
Okay so i know i said i wasnt going to post in general chit-chat for awhile but this just completely disgusts me i could barely watch it. So i felt the need to post it. Anyway the video really just speaks for it self. I think its important for all americans to watch this gross abuse of power by police also keep in mind she called the police and she was the victim. i could of sworn we had certain rights as citizens of this supposedly great country but every day it seems like i find something else that makes me think differently. Anyway here it is:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/by_the_Book.html
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

Chuck Norris just says "no" to drugs. If he said "yes", it would collapse Colombia's infrastructure.
IP IP Logged
CureFiend
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CureFiend Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 2:46pm
that is absolutely awful.... i couldn't even watch the whole thing.  shit like that depresses the hell out of me.
IP IP Logged
x_Blood_Angel_x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote x_Blood_Angel_x Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 2:55pm
That's just fucking sick.

There was NO need to do that to that woman.

If I could, I'd take a baseball bat to them cops heads.

Fucking pricks.
Dance Like Nobody's Watching. Love like you've never been hurt. And when things are low, smile like you've never done it before.
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 3:08pm
this is what i dislike about media and news coverage.

i'm not saying that it's right.. but how do we know what context that was under? she could have been violent and abusive before hand. it even says they said she "started the altercation". who knows how violent she was? maybe restraining her was necessary. she could have been on drugs, anything could have happened. there are so many questions news videos fail to answer.

there was an article in the paper over summer about 'terrible neighbours' who wouldn't let a 6 year old boy fly a pirate flag for his birthday party. what one paper failed to mention was that the family of the birthday boy were disruptive on a daily basis, and the neighbours were just fighting back.

i don't believe a lot of the things i see/read. unless i see it for myself, how do i know the truth?
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
mrDahmer
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote mrDahmer Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 3:12pm
Blood angel you took the words out of my mouth. That is so sick beyond belief. If that was anyone i knew i would wanna destroy those police. No-one deserves that treatment.

grrr i'm angry now
IP IP Logged
glimmi
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote glimmi Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 3:26pm
Jeeennnnniiiii i agree your right we dont know the whole story a lot of stuff could have happened but regardless of what she did there was no reason for what they did to her they humiliated her. it honestly goes against the constitutional right of no crule and/or unusual punishment. A) the cops in the cell where male (not all but 2 were) and it even states in the video that officers must be of the same sex as the suspect being strip searched that goes for the rest of the country as well im pretty sure i know for a fact thats how it works out here, B) it was a disorderly conduct and resisting arrest charge theres no reason for a strip search especially since they obviously found nothing being that she was only charged on those 2 charges. i mean i know from experience that those charges do not condone a strip search and im sure when i was drunk and literally fighting the cops that i was way way way more disorderly than her so much so that they threw me to the ground on my face and all they did was pat me down.

edit: oh and 6 hours naked in a cell? to me that sounds cruel and unusual

Edited by glimmi - March/05/2008 at 3:27pm
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

Chuck Norris just says "no" to drugs. If he said "yes", it would collapse Colombia's infrastructure.
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 3:38pm
yeah, it's wrong i agree with that.

but sometimes if someone is being a twat, they need a kick up the ass.

hell, i'm sure i'd do something like that to some of the chavvy scum around where i live. and i'd love it.

but then i don't think that all people are equal. and i very much believe that certain people shouldn't be allowed human rights.

and i'm not saying she's is one of these people, but i can't say she's not.
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
posiant
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 34

Quote posiant Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 4:06pm
If this would have been done I would have fought tooth and nail against these assholes. Sure it could have been a different story and she could have provoked but a law officers job is to detain thats purely it. Law is about balance not authoritive power and personal ego of what they think is "right".
Absolute power corrupts absolutely-Lord Acton
IP IP Logged
glimmi
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote glimmi Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 4:12pm
ahhh i see i have to disagree with you there i believe that all people deserve some form of basic human rights. to prevent that from ever happening to me id never want to see that happen to anyone because the thing is when people start thinking that some people are better than others it all comes down to the person whos doing its judgment and not everyone has the same standards. regardless of that these cops thought they were above the law and that waas clearly in violation of the law.

edit: this was in response to jeeennnnniiiii

Edited by glimmi - March/05/2008 at 4:13pm

IP IP Logged
belle
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote belle Replybullet Posted: March/05/2008 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Jeeennnnniiiii

yeah, it's wrong i agree with that.

but sometimes if someone is being a twat, they need a kick up the ass.

hell, i'm sure i'd do something like that to some of the chavvy scum around where i live. and i'd love it.

but then i don't think that all people are equal. and i very much believe that certain people shouldn't be allowed human rights.

and i'm not saying she's is one of these people, but i can't say she's not.

r u forgetting that is woman was the victim of an assult and went to the police for help?? and then to be treated like this, when u r a victim is appauling. no wonder so many victims dont go to the police. she is obviously very distressed (not behaving like a twat) *shaking head* i cant beleave as a woman that u can even watch it and not be horrified. even if she is guilty, to be left naked, and stripped searched forcebly by male cops, when u r a victim is just *fucked up*
IP IP Logged
Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version