Message Icon Topic: Rook and conch piercings Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Amplexus
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote Amplexus Replybullet Topic: Rook and conch piercings
    Posted: June/04/2007 at 2:08pm
I wanna know, roughly on a csale of one to ten, how much they hurt.
I already know about cleaning and all that, but I'm unsure as to what it'll feel like. Any peoples with past experience, I would love for you to help me out!Pleased much love <3
IP IP Logged
playgrouppoop
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 0

Quote playgrouppoop Replybullet Posted: June/04/2007 at 3:11pm
rook - 4/10...the only painful thing is the healing period...mine was tender n didnt heal fully for like...6-7 months. conch is probly bout 3/10 no pain at all...slightly tender for bout a week and thats it really...i mean this is all from my experience, you may have a diffrent one may not. but...good luck, and go for it!! 
pinch it pierce it...and if in doubt, blame the damn post office!
IP IP Logged
thenewgirl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote thenewgirl Replybullet Posted: June/04/2007 at 3:25pm
like playgrouppoop said the healing is the painful part. the needle going through is fine.

i just got my rook done a few weeks ago, it was ok for a week - sore but only what you'd expect. then the pain and swelling started.
i'll be honest - my tatt and any other piercing that i've ever had were nothing compared to what i went through for this rook piercing. i thought it was infected but it wasn't, apparently this much pain & swelling can happen. i'm still delighted with it though now that the swelling's gone, i love it and its worth the 3 days of pain. (btw it wasn't even the nice sort of pain ,just the hurt sort). i'm sure everyone has a different experience i was just a little unlicky with mine.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain.
IP IP Logged
thenewgirl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote thenewgirl Replybullet Posted: June/04/2007 at 3:28pm
oops the worst part of the 3 days was about 5/10, the hard part was that it was continuously 5/10 with no break.ouch.but i'd do it again in a second.i say go for it,good luck & have fun!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain.
IP IP Logged
Amplexus
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote Amplexus Replybullet Posted: June/04/2007 at 4:48pm
Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the rook, coz you don't see them around as much as conches.

And it'll go nice with my new tragus greytongue

IP IP Logged
x_Blood_Angel_x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote x_Blood_Angel_x Replybullet Posted: June/04/2007 at 4:57pm
Why is this in movies?

Mine didn't hurt at all. Even during healing. (I have conches, one is 3 weeks old and the other is 4 weeks old) I get no crusties, blood, pus or anything. I had crusties for the first week with each and neither of them hurt at all anymore. The right one hurt slightly during piercing, but only a little pinch.
Dance Like Nobody's Watching. Love like you've never been hurt. And when things are low, smile like you've never done it before.
IP IP Logged
sataninacaddy
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 46

Quote sataninacaddy Replybullet Posted: June/04/2007 at 5:22pm
my conch felt rather odd.... but mine was punched, and it was VERY tender but actually healed in only a couple months, I love it. Good luck.
Don't force your religion on others, inform them and let them choose!

IP IP Logged
playgrouppoop
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 0

Quote playgrouppoop Replybullet Posted: June/05/2007 at 7:19am
yeh i mean conch piercings are no trouble at all...but dno wat the dermal punch is like...but looks 20times better than normal...i just..aint got the guts...but u know, ill hava PA again if ne1 said..haa...idno.
pinch it pierce it...and if in doubt, blame the damn post office!
IP IP Logged
freckledimple
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 41

Quote freckledimple Replybullet Posted: June/05/2007 at 2:42pm
I've had issues with my rook as well, but I'm bound and determined to make sure it doesn't become a RIP.  I got it pierced in Feb and am still having some irritation issues.  The healing time is the worst part of it, but it's well worth it.  It just looks and feels awesome!(when it's not irritated )  I say go for it, and good luck!
IP IP Logged
xsummerx
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote xsummerx Replybullet Posted: June/05/2007 at 4:00pm
I had my conch piercered casue my friend who has had many piercings said it was the most painful she had, it got me curious. I had it done he put the needle through it made a noise but was nearly painless I accidently went `Oh is that all`. My piercer thought it was very funny.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version