General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: ARE THESE MODS????? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Missratusss
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote Missratusss Replybullet Topic: ARE THESE MODS?????
    Posted: June/02/2007 at 5:32pm

I SAW A VIDEO OF A GUY CUTTING OF HIS FINGERS FOR FUN...A GIRL THAT CUT HER TONGUE OF...

ANOTHER GUY OPENED HIS BALLS AND PULLED HIS BALLS OUT OF HIS BAGS THEN PUT THEM BACK IN.

àDo you think these are what we call body mods????

I have like everyone here piercings, a peeling (scar), tatoos; my guy has body mods too

Most of my friend too...

In my opinion a mod is something nice that you do to yourself, something that have a signification, something you’ve carefully though out,

A mod is something you might wear all your life (tatoos, scars, burns, etc.)Smile

A mod should not be a handicap and turn someone disables,

Cutting fingers off or take your balls off or rip your eyeballs out is not a mod for me!!!

I think the persones that do such things are show of (so they look cool) or maybe they just feel really bad in their skin or in their head (depression, madness...etc) and need assistance....

What will this guy do now with all his fingers cut of his right hand?

How about his lady that amputated her tongue for fun? Now she can’t talk!!!!...Frown

NEXT TIME THIS POEPLE WON’T THINK OR JUST WANT TO BE COOLER

OR JWILL FEEL BAD:  who knows next time we might see a girl who burned her face or a guy who amputated his legs....

It’s really sad...Frown

A mod should be something you enjoy! Not something that turns you into a criple

Don’t you agree???

what's your opinion?

THANK YOU!

have a nice day!Hug

(it's half past eleven p.m in PARISBig%20Grin)

IP IP Logged
steviewonders
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 12

Quote steviewonders Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 5:45pm
There's a mental illness i read about where the sufferer has a really bad desire to cut a part of their body off. Apparently they feel better once they've cut it off and they can move on. That would be the reason some people amputate parts of their body which may seem for the sake of it. I do agree that it's not a good idea to cut a part of your body off unless it's to intentionally function in a different way like if someone cut their balls off.

Edited by steviewonders - June/02/2007 at 5:48pm
IP IP Logged
steviewonders
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 12

Quote steviewonders Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 5:52pm
look at amputation on www.bmezine.com for more info on what i was on about.
IP IP Logged
x_Blood_Angel_x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote x_Blood_Angel_x Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 7:02pm
I don;t care. I read about aman once who chopped off his legs with a bread knife. It was a disease. He thought he looked bad with two legs so he chopped one off.

I don't care. I'm too smashed and i wanna tal to Hellvis. where the hell is he?

Feel free to edit my smashed post. lol.
Dance Like Nobody's Watching. Love like you've never been hurt. And when things are low, smile like you've never done it before.
IP IP Logged
Albaniod
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Albaniod Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 7:27pm
Looks like everyone be drunked, I'm sittting drinking cannabis absinthe, heavily recommendable ^_^.
To address the topic, yes I do see it as body modification, in one of it's most pure forms, physically modifying their body, quite self explanatory if extreme.
I would elaborate but I doubt people want top hear my drunk ramblings lol.
Current mods: 5mm lip labret, 2x Vert Labrets, 10mm Septum, 3.2mm Septum, Bridge, 2x Anti-Eyebrow, 2x Inner Conch, Rook.
Removed:
'Snakebites', Tongue Webbing, 2x 5mm Lobes.
Total Mods: 17
IP IP Logged
mephistopheles
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote mephistopheles Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 7:47pm
yes, these are mods, because they change one's body permanently, and are done for the purpose of modding and not because the body part is sick or whatever.
it's called nullification, and includes things like hysterectoomy and castration. if these people want to cut body parts off and are prepared to live for the rest of their lives like that it's a damn mod. because IT MODIFIES YOUR BODY.

and furthermore, if it "turns you into a cripple" that doesn't stop it being a mod. tattoos and piercings turn us into "freaks". what's the difference between being a freak and a cripple? cripples get better parking spots.

Edited by mephistopheles - June/02/2007 at 7:49pm
Autogynephilia: As if you wouldn't.
IP IP Logged
kittenwaste
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote kittenwaste Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 8:46pm
Yes, those are all mods. Just because it turns your tummy or you don't approve of it doesn't make it not a mod. I love seeing those sort of mods (in particular the genital ones) because it peaks my interest. All the other things (including what I have, even) in my opinion, are beautiful, but can also be a bit ho-hum. To see something that'll make someone take a second, and closer look truly amazes me. As for those ppl who think nullification is the answer (such as fingers, legs, and such), as long as it's what they really want, who are we to say otherwise - they know the risks of their actions. Let them do what they wish, even if you think it's stupid, it's not your skin. Anywho, all those really hardcore mods on this site are awesome and I hope you guys had a wonderful recovery! :D
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 9:02pm
i consider them modifications, because as stated, they modify the body. they are done for that reason, and they are done intentionally, as well as the person recieving or performing the modification does want it. we all have our own opinions. i in fact do not consider standard gauge piercings or tattoos as body modifications because they don't actually change the body, my opinion though.
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
absinthium
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 13

Quote absinthium Replybullet Posted: June/02/2007 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Albaniod

Looks like everyone be drunked, I'm sittting drinking cannabis absinthe, heavily recommendable ^_^.

Where can I buy it? greytongue

I think it CAN be called body modification simply because it modify the original form of the body.

Not every form of body modification is "healthy" . In some african tribes women attach to their neck rings  and more rings that makes their neck go longer. This is not "healthy" to their back.

Chinese feet binding are also a body modification (a extremely painfull one) that breaks the bones of the feet to change their form.

I think those modifications are "good"? No, I don't.

But I'm no one to judge people.

I think people should do anything to be happy. I'm not saying I approve this ultra-hardcore-bodymods... But I don't think a person got mad just because he decided to cut one finger. I don't know his motivations, after all... Wink
IP IP Logged
zipidydodah
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 45

Quote zipidydodah Replybullet Posted: June/03/2007 at 12:20am
Originally posted by steviewonders

There's a mental illness i read about where the sufferer has a really bad desire to cut a part of their body off. Apparently they feel better once they've cut it off and they can move on. That would be the reason some people amputate parts of their body which may seem for the sake of it. I do agree that it's not a good idea to cut a part of your body off unless it's to intentionally function in a different way like if someone cut their balls off.

the disorder you are referring to is Body Dysmorphic Disorder, you can google the term or theres books out on the topic, one that comes to mind is "the broken mirror"  by Katharine A. Phillips. quite informative regarding BDD. it is a recognizable disorder, but only added to the DSM-IV in 1998. so its one of the newer recognized disorders out there.anyone wanting information regarding it,  I have a college paper and powerpoint i am willing to share for those interested. its a fascinating disorder and can be extremely debilitating to those that suffer from it.  probably one of the most famous faces of someone who possibly has the disorder is none other than michael jackson (look at before and after pics of him to understand the concept).
heres to making things go boom!!!^^^
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version