General Talk About Anything
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : General Talk About Anything
Message Icon Topic: Sounding (Urethral) Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
008gauge
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote 008gauge Replybullet Topic: Sounding (Urethral)
    Posted: February/15/2007 at 7:54pm

I would like to discuss/get ideas/experiences from any urethral players, I have recently started with a Hegar set, and loving it.

The first insertion was 6mm, lubed up with plenty of gel, once I found the spot it slipped in nicelyPleased 
Next came the 7mm, slightly slower this time, then the next day in went the 8mmBig%20Grin
How big and how long did it take to get to your largest sound ?
IP IP Logged
mephistopheles
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote mephistopheles Replybullet Posted: February/15/2007 at 9:41pm
why is it called sounding?
Autogynephilia: As if you wouldn't.
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: February/15/2007 at 10:01pm
IP IP Logged
008gauge
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote 008gauge Replybullet Posted: February/15/2007 at 11:58pm

In the "good old days" before penicillin, gonorrhea was much more difficult to cure and many times left scar tissue behind, causing "strictures" which partially or completely closed off the urethra, making urination difficult if not impossible. Some benevolent medicos (Drs. VanBuren and Dittel, to name two), seeking methods to relieve this problem, designed instruments to be inserted into the urethra to locate the stricture and literally stretch it open to allow the passage of urine. Thus was born the urethral "sound" which takes it name from the Latin subordinate, to submerge to measure the depth of. This is the same "sound" as used in the term "sound the depths," where the depth of a body of water is measured with a weighted line.

IP IP Logged
mephistopheles
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote mephistopheles Replybullet Posted: February/16/2007 at 1:07am
Originally posted by 008gauge

"strictures" which partially or completely closed off the urethra, making urination difficult if not impossible

christ, that would suck.

well done, by the way. sounding at 8mm is kind of difficult to imagine for someone who's never participated in urethral sounding (i.e. me)
Autogynephilia: As if you wouldn't.
IP IP Logged
phantom menace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote phantom menace Replybullet Posted: February/16/2007 at 1:27am
i work at a hospital as an O.R. tech. , and we us urethral sounds i think the very from 2mm up to 28mm  
"even with the angels by my side ,.. the devil's begging me to ride"
IP IP Logged
zipidydodah
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 45

Quote zipidydodah Replybullet Posted: February/16/2007 at 1:31am
my bf and me have played ever so slightly with sounding. its a wonderful experience to participate in. i love being involved in things that turn him on, this is one thing that stretches the boundaries for him.....

Edited by zipidydodah - February/16/2007 at 1:31am
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: February/17/2007 at 5:12am
i myself have never practiced sounding, but i am very interested. my lover sounds, and is able to sound up to and including 9/16"(14.3mm). as far as i know, he's only been sounding for a few years, but didn't do it all that often until he met me. Wink before i met him, i had no idea what it was, but he explained it to me the best he could and i became interested very quickly. he uses a hegar sound set as well. i've never heard any female experiences with sounding though, which makes me even more curious about experiencing it myself. i'll happily share once i've taken part in it if anyone is curious to know for themselves.

Edited by eatenplacenta - February/17/2007 at 5:13am
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
008gauge
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote 008gauge Replybullet Posted: February/18/2007 at 8:36pm
Hi eaten,
There are a number of sites on google dealing with sounding, type "sounds urethral" and you will get all the info you need. The feeling you get when the sound penetrates the sphincter is similar to an orgasm (with me, anyway) ask your bf. Try it yourself.
IP IP Logged
008gauge
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote 008gauge Replybullet Posted: February/18/2007 at 8:44pm
Great to hear from you Zipidy, I have only recently started experimenting with my new purchased Hegar set, and have just managed to get the 8mm in through the sphincter, which as your bf knows is a fantastic feeling, I intend working up to bigger sizes, slowly but surely. Please keep in touch as to how you guys are progressing
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version