<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: people who dont take care of their piercings. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
sapphirelazuli
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 122

Quote sapphirelazuli Replybullet Posted: June/24/2009 at 8:37am
I've definately found an aftercare regime that works for me, and every one of my piercings is golden. They behave so well.

If I had a pound for every idiot I have to help, I'd make a lot more money. I've actually had people say "Oh, was I to read it?" when I asked them if they checked the aftercare sheet I gave them. NO, I JUST GIVE YOU IT FOR MAKING PAPER AEROPLANES!

Joe Public will always be a nusiance. Especially with navel piercings.
[ zara | 25 years old | scottish | body piercer ]
IP IP Logged
queen of hearts
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote queen of hearts Replybullet Posted: July/04/2009 at 4:35pm
i was told to clean my mouth out with alcohol mouthwash after having my tongue done, dont try that at home its not good and hurts like hell.

http://angelsanddemons.forumotion.com/forum.htm
IP IP Logged
linda
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote linda Replybullet Posted: July/06/2009 at 12:33pm
I figured out my own aftercare regime, by educating myself, and trying different stuff. I found out that sss works well for me when a piercing is very fresh, but only once a day or it gets dry, and that lavender oil gets rid of my cartilage bumps. Apart from that, I just rinse/soak them in the shower and get rid of the crusties with a q-tip.

I think that some people need to learn to listen to their bodies more. If it hurts, looks horrible, swells... there's obviously something wrong, your body is telling you that it doesn't like what you're doing. So listen to it and change your habits! Find out what feels good for you, and what affects your piercings. Does smoking or alcohol make your tongue swell? Does getting another piercing before your other ones are healed make them flare up? Does a certain kind (or lack) of aftercare make your piercings unhappy? Do something about it. It's not that hard.
IP IP Logged
Terri-Sian
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 50

Quote Terri-Sian Replybullet Posted: July/06/2009 at 3:51pm
my friend fucked up her tragus twice because she couldnt stop touching it.
we told her.
tisk!
"I am selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle... But if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!"

- Marilyn Monroe
IP IP Logged
stellaturcia
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote stellaturcia Replybullet Posted: July/07/2009 at 12:30am
I've done my share of stupid things, like almost all of my lobe piercings and 5 helix piercings done with a safety pin and cleaned with rubbing alcohol. It still makes me mad when people are stupid about their piercings though. I generally direct them to this site or tell them to ask a piercer who know's their stuff. 
I like the way my skin feels when I'm wearing my rainbow jacket.
IP IP Logged
sapphirelazuli
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 122

Quote sapphirelazuli Replybullet Posted: July/07/2009 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Terri-Sian

my friend fucked up her tragus twice because she couldnt stop touching it.
we told her.
tisk!

Ahhh how enraging are touchy people!

"I don't know why it's giving me problems!"
"Because you keep touching it."
"No I don't!"
"..........*watches the customer fiddle with it for the 8th time since she walked in the studio*"
[ zara | 25 years old | scottish | body piercer ]
IP IP Logged
linda
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote linda Replybullet Posted: July/07/2009 at 12:41pm
I know it's bad but I fiddle with my piercings all the time. I just can't help it.
Except when they hurt or are unhappy for some reason, then I leave them alone.
So far none of them has become infected or anything :-)
IP IP Logged
Randall
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 88

Quote Randall Replybullet Posted: July/07/2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by sapphirelazuli

"I don't know why it's giving me problems!"
"Because you keep touching it."
"No I don't!"
"..........*watches the customer fiddle with it for the 8th time since she walked in the studio*"

I was just going to comment on that.

Customer:"can you look @ my navel, I think it's infected..."
Me:"let's see it."
C:"it's all red,<poke, poke> and crusty<moves jewelry & crusties though piercing>and flaky<peels skin flake off & drops it on my floor>..."
M:Bang%20Head  Crazy "quit touching it.  how are you taking care of it?"
C:"I use peroxide 3x a day like you said."
M:"SERIOUSLY? did you even listen when I was explaining the aftercare? did you even LOOK @ the pamphlet?"Bang%20Head

people...  Stumped

Edited by Randall - July/07/2009 at 2:33pm
/// randall
IP IP Logged
GunnarCarr
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote GunnarCarr Replybullet Posted: October/16/2012 at 12:05pm
and i thought the way i take care of my piercings was bad. i have 7/8 stretched lobes. i didnt wait 6-8 week between stretches but i did one size every 3-4 weeks. and taped as soon as i could. i also have snakebites and one got just a small infection for a day or two but its all healed up now. granted i did get the snakebites done for free i have a friend thats been a professional for 13 years and it still took me a year knowing him to trust him enough to do it.
IP IP Logged
MayonnaiseJane
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote MayonnaiseJane Replybullet Posted: October/16/2012 at 12:46pm
I actually really like the H2Ocean, but then my piercer has never charged me the full 12 dollars for the stuff. Damn that's expensive. I didn't even know it cost that much! His aftercare sheet says to use that, or use the included recipe for SSS, twice daily.

I'm a totally freaking nooblet at this stuff (only 3 piercings besides regular lobes way back as a kid) and I've still never managed to get one infected (the navel is new... we'll see on that one.) I dunno, maybe that's because I know how much of a noob I am. When my piercer tells me to do something I freaking do it!!!

8^P

Edited by MayonnaiseJane - October/16/2012 at 12:47pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version