<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: people who dont take care of their piercings. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
iamstrangepants
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote iamstrangepants Replybullet Posted: November/29/2008 at 4:29am
obviously he didn't know any better. why send him in the wrong direction with bad advice?

Edited by iamstrangepants - November/29/2008 at 4:30am
IP IP Logged
heinous
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote heinous Replybullet Posted: November/29/2008 at 5:34am
Arg, all this reminds me of quite a strange girl I went to school with. She came in one day declared she was a "goffick" and the night before she pierced her tongue with a Curved navel bar...yes, a fucking navel bar! It hadn't gone all the way through the tongue and two days later when I saw her again he mouth was a mess, I'm surprised she didn't cause any serious damage, and he cleaning techniques included alchohol.

what a knob.
IP IP Logged
bekki659
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote bekki659 Replybullet Posted: December/19/2008 at 2:07am
I personally am a huge fan of the leave it the hell alone method, other than light cleaning with sea salt soaks once a day and careful watching.
I am a crusty picker with the worst of them, so, if I start messing with it, I might never stop.
I learned that with my first helix, which (to my delight) made crusties for a long time.  Later I figured out that it did so because I wasnt letting it heal, but at least it never got infected.
But that was my first "real" piercing.
IP IP Logged
Braids
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote Braids Replybullet Posted: December/19/2008 at 2:32am
Originally posted by iamstrangepants

obviously he didn't know any better. why send him in the wrong direction with bad advice?
the thing was he had asked me for advice before and just dismissed it and said i didnt know what i was talking about...thats y i told him to do it faster lol
omnomnom
IP IP Logged
MrGlass
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote MrGlass Replybullet Posted: December/19/2008 at 3:01am
So I was being super gay and trolling myspace the other day. I saw this kid I used to know that, when he got his lip pierced it got WAY swollen and he developed a huge lump on the inside of his lip that had stayed there untill I moved away (almost a year and a half later). So I clicked on his profile and pictures because that's what I do. I saw he had been stretching his ears and they *looked* to be around 7/8ths of an inch and they were THIN, like so thin in the pictures of him wearing glass tunnels where he wasn't standing in front of a light you could still see light shining through his super thin lobe skin and in the pictures of him wearing SSS tunnels you couldn't even see his lobes past his jewelry. It pissed me off even more to read, "Got to this size quicker than all you bitches." If that isn't NOT taking care of your "piercing" (if that's what you'd call a stretched piercing) then I don't know what is. Stupid scenie weenie.

Edited by MrGlass - December/19/2008 at 3:02am
[QUOTE=ichfielunten] ...Just be yourself and hope some one notices that you're awesome...[/QUOTE]
IP IP Logged
Spirit Of Ukko
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote Spirit Of Ukko Replybullet Posted: December/28/2008 at 2:31pm
Yes, yes, yes. This annoys me too. My boyfriend, for example, has only his lobes and conch pierced. He can't even heal a standard 14g lobe piercing because he can't keep his fucking hands off it. I need some handcuffs... 
IP IP Logged
SweeneyToddd
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote SweeneyToddd Replybullet Posted: January/31/2009 at 10:26pm
I had some pretty shitty advice given to me by the guy who did my snakebites. Fortunately, I knew enough and had observed my brother have his done by a guy who was much more knowledgeable. My piercer didn't give me any dangerous advice as much as just stupid dumbass advice.
They also refused to change my rings after they had pierced me with rings so large that they were catching in my teeth and were at risk for being pulled and healing crooked. They told me it was impossible to change before healing. fortunately I've sat in on enough ring changes, for size or jewlery type or whatever, so I bought a pair of sterilized rings from another place, cleaned everything up with some rubbing alcohol, made the change myself and 4 months later the rings are perfectly happy.

Same guy, actually, always tells people you MUST pay 12 dollars for H2Ocean or you will reject. He tried to get me to, and it makes me so mad because he's just trying to get more money off of unknowledgeable people and I just want to SCREAM that theyre paying 12 bucks for sea salt and water! He also wanted me to take out a perfectly happy, healed piercing and let him repierce it cause it didnt look right. No, he just wants another 50 bucks!
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: February/01/2009 at 11:38am
I'll admit that I don't take care of my piercings.
I'm not really good on hygiene.
I don't play with it to irritate.
I just think that it is better to not wash than to wash too much.
I'm usually fine with the results. 
IP IP Logged
NightWolf
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 43

Quote NightWolf Replybullet Posted: February/01/2009 at 1:16pm
I'm not really good about taking really good care of them. It's not because I don't "need" to or anything like that, I honestly forget. My piercings are a part of me, and I hardly notice them anymore.
When they're new though, I use sea salt like you should.
As far as people not taking care of their piercings, so many examples come to mind....
IP IP Logged
howellbe
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote howellbe Replybullet Posted: February/09/2009 at 10:21am
Originally posted by vmiss3602

from experience... if you over clean a piercing it will get infected and it won't heal as fast. you really should only clean most piercings twice a day with mild stuff... and nothing that you haven't used before. Most people get infections because they either weren't told how to take care of their shit, they touch it all the time, or they change their jewelry like ten times and don't clean it right. If you leave your piercings alone and clean them just as ofton as you brush your teeth you will be good... if you don't brush your teeth, then i guess disreguard that statement... but yae there is no need to over react about cleaning piercings... you aren't letting them heal when you are fucking with them so much... and redness is ok sometimes as long as it isn't swollen or hot!     o... and about the spur of the moment geting pierced thing... ALL of my piercings have been spur of the moment.... and i love all of them! There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking out your piercing as you are walking in the shop... it actually makes you alot less nervous!

I take better care of my piercings than I do my teeth LOL
well no i mean i do it exactly like you say, that way I never forget one because I just do both at the same time.
If you help me, know that I greatly appreciate it. Have a good day/night... -Z
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version