<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: people who dont take care of their piercings. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 7 Next >>
twistidbitch
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote twistidbitch Replybullet Topic: people who dont take care of their piercings.
    Posted: January/16/2007 at 6:15pm
oh my god. Disgust  if there is one thing i cannot stand is people who want all of these piercings and dont take care of them and clean them and then gets them infected. i am anal about the keeping them clean thing. i also just love the people that Chainsaw-" had that done but it got infected so i took it out," thank you for giving me my moment, Big%20Mouth you had that peircing too. oh my god,shutup. those types of people drive me insane.     Bang%20Head             please give me my moment of glory, i want no other attention. damn. does anyone else have these issues?Big%20Grin or just wants to bitch about something? ya know.Crazy
IP IP Logged
souless
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote souless Replybullet Posted: January/16/2007 at 7:10pm
I totaly agree with you, if I got a new pierc for sure i'm gonna threat it well sometimes i can be paranoic lol but I just like to see them clean and perfectly healed.
IP IP Logged
shelala
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote shelala Replybullet Posted: January/16/2007 at 8:34pm
I think u can tell how serious a person is about their piercings by the way they talk and how casually they get them. With every piercing I have I did research to see what they mean and then I took into consideration the responsibility and possible complications. When I had to remove my snug because my ear was swollen and infected, I fought the doctor in the emergency room so bad that they wouldn't let me leave until I let them remove it. I actually cried in the emergency room and vowed I would go to my piercer first if that ever happened to me again. I am anal about cleaning my piercings and somewhat paranoid if something looks or feels wierd. I love my piercings and plan to get more.
IP IP Logged
Steazy Crack
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote Steazy Crack Replybullet Posted: January/16/2007 at 9:13pm
yeah well if your ear was swollen and infected the best thing would be to remove it and get on antibiotics!
IP IP Logged
wantxthexpain
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote wantxthexpain Replybullet Posted: January/17/2007 at 8:59am
i also have a huge problem with peircers that give wrong care info. my friend griff walks up to me(mind you these are his first) and is like dude why is my ear so bloody and swolen. so i took a look at it and was like wat the hell are you using to clean this and hes like just soap. and he heard this is "all" you need to clean it. well i made him walk right down to the local drug store and pic up so anti-bactiral stuff and after a bit everything was back to normal. that wat you get for going to peircers in NYC that dont cheak ids!!
IP IP Logged
when i am queen
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote when i am queen Replybullet Posted: January/30/2007 at 8:14am
Oh god yeah, I've had some pretty shitty aftercare advice from one piercer I went to before I learned more about piercing and found myself talented regular piercers. I got a rim piercing when I was 16 and new to it all (having only had my tongue web done previously at another studio), and the guy told me to turn the ring daily and clean it with soap. Needless to say, piercing went gross and I took it out.

But on the other hand, it was kindof my fault. When he was preparing his stuff, there were so many warning signs I chose to ignore because I was young and was too scared to just walk out: his tools came from a jumbled up box (not autoclaved), he wasn't too interested in what I wanted, and he was talking to me about a piercing he'd done on his friend recently when they'd both been completely smashed.

I'm glad I know a lot more now, and I do now have the confidence and knowledge to question things or simply walk out if I don't agree. It's nice to have had the confidence to seek out regular piercers and I now won't go to anyone else.
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: January/30/2007 at 6:04pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with getting a spur of the moment piercing. My nipples were a spur of the moment thing, and I love 'em! I take care of them just as well as all of my other piercings. 
IP IP Logged
wrestlingrox
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 2

Quote wrestlingrox Replybullet Posted: January/30/2007 at 7:37pm
Yep, I totally agree. I have taken care of all of the piercings that I have had.
IP IP Logged
Keairao
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 22

Quote Keairao Replybullet Posted: February/08/2007 at 11:10am
What really pisses me off is when people come to me because their piercings are messed up (angry, red usually), tell me that they clean it with antibacterial soap and peroxide, have shitty jewelry that they bought at the mall, etc. and ask how to fix it. I tell them. They say "no I think what I'm doing is fine" then leave.
And they wonder why their piercings are pissed off (This has happened more times than I can count with navels, but I've also seen some pretty disgusting looking lips, nipples, eyebrows....)
IP IP Logged
cherry_slices
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote cherry_slices Replybullet Posted: February/12/2007 at 7:57am
yeah, i hate when people come to me and are all, omgz emma lyk my peircin' is like totally bitch'n.

and i ask them what they clean it with and its normally either "clean it? what?" or something to do with neo sporin or rubbing alcohol and i immediately say clean it with sea salt soakings, or spectro gel in the shower

and they go "ugh you dont know what  your talking about" and storm off as if my advice is no use... gr
IP IP Logged
Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version