Message Icon Topic: 4-way navel with gem center Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Tiger_Soul
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote Tiger_Soul Replybullet Topic: 4-way navel with gem center
    Posted: November/14/2006 at 8:34pm
This is an odd idea I'm playing with, not sure when or if I'll ever get the full thing, but I want opinions...

4 navel piercings, use long bars to connect them, making a + accross the center. Then, having a sphere set in the center of the + and have it holding a black jewel (the whole pice being done in black metal) And eventually possibly a black sun design tattooed around it, leaving the black gem in the center of the sun (lot of deep symbolism there for me)

My only concern is finding a place that coudl make the custom center piece, and wheather a piercing could be done that would transverse the two opposite rims of the navel and not reject.
IP IP Logged
white_horse
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote white_horse Replybullet Posted: November/14/2006 at 9:10pm
well I'm no expert, but I don't see why the piercing wouldn't be possible, you'd have to get the four piercings done individually and wait for all of them to completely heal before trying to run one barbell thought two holes.
-False
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: November/14/2006 at 9:57pm
Surface piercings are more prone to rejection than most other piercings, so you start out with some risk right off the bat. Connecting piercings with inflexible jewelry puts extra tension or pressure on piercings, which increases risk of migration and rejection. Longer barbells tend to be bigger targets for physical trauma, which increases risks as well.  Now, are we talking about having one piece of jewelry that connects all four holes? That seems a bit tricky, but could technically be possible. I wouldn't suggest wearing anything like that for extended periods of time, but it could be really neat. There is no reason that you cannot have the 4 piercings, but connecting them may or may not work out for you.
IP IP Logged
Tiger_Soul
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Tiger_Soul Replybullet Posted: November/14/2006 at 10:16pm
I was thinking of having 1 normal barbell, one with a slightly larger center, drilled, and the 'gem' having a "+" hole int he center to accomicate the barbells being inserted.

Would using bananna barbells work better as tehy would curve inward more? I know this would complicate the center piece, but...

Also:
>>Longer barbells tend to be bigger targets
>>for physical trauma,

What do you mean? other than risk I suppose of it getting caught and ripped out
IP IP Logged
iamstrangepants
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote iamstrangepants Replybullet Posted: November/14/2006 at 10:22pm
many people succesfully have four belly button piercings and once they are healed i dont think having a four way piece of jewelry would be a problem as long as you didnt wear it all the time because ithnk it would push outwards and might cause rejection in the long run. if you do get this done id love to see pics!~
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: November/15/2006 at 5:53am
As for the longer barbells being bigger targets, I mean that they are more likely to get whacked, or caught on stuff.
If you want the jewelry to connect, then curves are pretty much out of the question, it just doesn't work out mechanically.
A barbell with a slightly larger center? You mean a thicker gauge in the middle of the bar, and thinner at the ends? I don't think that is very feasible as long as we are talking about metal.
It seems to me, that the best way to pull this off would be to have your gem have female threads, so that you could screw externally threaded straight barbells into the gem.
IP IP Logged
freckledimple
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 41

Quote freckledimple Replybullet Posted: November/26/2006 at 5:06pm

Another idea would be to have a "gem" with a couple of chain links in a cross pattern attached  to four slighly curved bars and have the ball anchors on the outside.  The sizr of it all would depend on the size of your belly-button.  I believe this would allow for some give and reduce the occurence of migration and irritation.

This a rough idea:

IP IP Logged
Tiger_Soul
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Tiger_Soul Replybullet Posted: December/07/2006 at 5:21am
Yea, I thought about an idea like that, except using hoops in all 4 holes and chians between them. My navel though is only about the size of a marble, so I dont know how well it would fit, also the cost of getting all that made from black metal (niobium? is ther a blakc SS steel?) would probably be very high...
IP IP Logged
menteith
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote menteith Replybullet Posted: December/07/2006 at 4:14pm
You could also just do a 4-way ball with the straight bars running to it... easier to put in, take out if necessary, and able to fit in the size constraints you have.

There are other metals out there that you can get in black, but niobium's the best... Since that's the metal's natural color, you aren't having to worry about any extra chemicals/metals leeching themselves into your system, like what happens with cheap jewelry. I've also seen titanium that's been black anodized that shouldn't be too big of a problem with the piercings you're talking about.
"Rise and fall, Turn the wheel, 'Cause all life is, Is really just a circle..."
IP IP Logged
CelloCricket
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: -5

Quote CelloCricket Replybullet Posted: December/08/2012 at 12:35pm
I've got a 4 way. Got it done in November or 2011. Even though the piercer who did it did a poor job since she had not done this type of piercing before, it did not reject on the transverse edges or any edge for that matter. Takes a very long time to heal though. A year in and it's still healing. Best of luck!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version