<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: how do u cope during getting a mod Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 5 Next >>
back2cali1104
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote back2cali1104 Replybullet Topic: how do u cope during getting a mod
    Posted: March/19/2006 at 1:53pm

am curious on others coping techniques during the actual process of getting a mod, whether its a tat, piercing or even hardcore mods. Theres the anticipation period of before going in, waiting for them to set up, the actual process, as well as the after getting a mod time frame. Who has really weird ways of dealing? 

I dont have too many weird coping techniques, I love the anticipation of the day b4 and the drive to the shop. My stomach is usually in knots. If I am not with my bf at that point or if we are meeting at the shop, then we are texting back and forth.  And then there is the period right before you walk into the room or climb up on the table. I usually have a fleeting thought of WTF am I doing? This is nuts.

One time, I went on a spur of the moment to get the second set of four labial piercings for my labia corset, and Chris couldnt be with me, but we were texting back and forth, and he kept texting: "I bet you chicken out, bet you a nickle you bail before its done." Well I won that bet, needless to say. I was so appreciative of him keeping my mood light that day. I was laughing at his texts when Mona, my piercer was setting up the room to pierce me. So I showed her the texts and she thought it was funny. And she said "oh come on, you already got 24 piercings, theres no way in hell you'll chicken out." She was 100% correct on that.

As far as during a tat session, I usually listen to music, or even zone way out. My bf usually brings the camera and helps keep my mind off the pain. He's wonderful about that. 

Prob the worst anticipation for me is right before a piercing. I am on such a rush, the endorphins already kicked in, but theres knowing that, for a split second the pain will be pretty bad. And for me, theres the sinking feeling in my stomach as I climb onto the table.

And then theres the after period, where you are on such a rush, you feel like jumping off a roof of a really tall building, you just feel like you will grow wings and fly.......... You want to walk out and start showing total strangers and say: lookie what I did!  And then calling friends or showing them what you did, the rush of knowing you went thru with it, and then you start planning the next one....... ugh , its a vicious cycle, aint it.....?

removed by request
IP IP Logged
Rayvinn-iess
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Rayvinn-iess Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 2:24pm
I don't really know if I have much of coping techniques.  Typically I'm so excited that I just end up talking to the piercer/tattoo artist while they're working on me. 

One time that was really nerve-wrecking was when I got my nipples pierced.  I wasn't nervous because of the thought of getting them done, but because when I got there we had to wait for a certain piercer to arrive.  So we decided to go and get some food while we waited.  After a bit the piercing place called my cell and said that the piercer had arrived.  By the time we got there there were several people that showed up, and so they started piercing them while waiting for me to arrive.  I stood there and waited and smoked quite a bit.  I had just watched a friend of mine get her's done at a different place earlier, and so I was excited to get mine done.  By the time I finally got in there...my adrenaline was going full speed and I was practically bouncing around the room in anticipation.  I calmed down around the time that he told me to lay down.  I held my boyfriend's hand, because afterall, my nipples were my first piercings...and what a piercing to start with, eh?

For tattoos...I don't think they hurt all that much.  With the last tattoo I had finished I made one mistake though...I took a break.  Many people have said that if you take a break before you're completely done, the rest of it kind of hurts.  The 1st hour and half of my tattoo was fine, hardly felt it...the 2nd hour and a half (which was after the break)...I had to zone out a little bit and keep talking cause it actually stung and seemed to take longer. 

Overall I have a pretty good pain tolerance.  I just tend to talk or listen to music, or even take a short nap (during a tattoo session) to make the time pass quicker, because then I can start showing off my new work!
IP IP Logged
back2cali1104
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote back2cali1104 Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 2:37pm
my tat sessions are usually like four - five hours in length so I have to take a break, , Aric, my tat artist, sprays bactine on the work in process and covers it with saran wrap, and that helps somewhat, hell, if its good enough for sunburns, its certainly good enough for break time during a tat session. but yeah, have to agree, climbing back on the table, to finish a tat session, it feels really good when he takes the saran wrap off and the cool air hits it, but then oh the pain of him starting back up. On my upper right leg piece which is still in process, its  a peacock, by the time we get the background done, it will go from my ribs to my knee and all the way around my thigh,and will have well over 40 hours of work on it.  the first appointment was just the outlining, and that night my bf came over and i handed him a box of washable markers and I became the human coloring book. he spent a good hour coloring in the peacock, and oh that hurt a bit, but was a lot of fun watching Chris get to color. We took pics of that, it was a lot of fun.......
removed by request
IP IP Logged
lidiadeetsdaria
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote lidiadeetsdaria Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 3:46pm
Piercings I tense up so much just waiting for that intense and then calm but tattoos I just relax and let the pain kinda flow. I hate the knots before you start something. I had my last 9 piercings done all at once and I didn't know really what to expect so I thought to my self over and over even after we started WTF am I doing and were the fuck do I come up with these ideas! I had 8 outer labia and my hood done.
B
IP IP Logged
Dantes Lover
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 52

Quote Dantes Lover Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 4:15pm
i try and meditate...it rarely works, and i don't calm down until i have a needle in me. hehe.
Pierced, Stretched, Tattooed, Scarred, and Corseted.
IP IP Logged
xXxJenocydexXx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote xXxJenocydexXx Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 6:40pm

Lol, I don't cope....I just let the adrenaline keep rushing, because it helps dull the pain.  I obviously don't have any tattoos, so that is yet to be seen, but when I got my tongue done, I was going through all the motions calmly, but inside, I was freaking the hell out.  When the piercer had me sitting on the bench/chair/bed thingy, I was swinging my feet like a nutcase and I kept kicking her in the knees. 

The only downside of letting your adrenaline get so high like that is that once it's all over, the adrenaline rushes out too fast and you feel like you're going to pass out.

"Yeah? Well if you didn't know I was drunk...you'd just think I was really cool."
IP IP Logged
back2cali1104
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote back2cali1104 Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 7:05pm
yeah, i usually crash pretty hard that night after any mods, the longer the session, the harder i crash. at my last tat appointment, i took a break at hour three, went and stood outside and was shaking as if i was in 20 degree weather, i knew it was just the endorphins doing their thing, but couldnt stop shaking, was a bit afraid if i didnt get it under control that Aric wouldnt be able to do any more work on me due to me shaking so bad, thankfully my body got compliant and stopped the annoying shaking.anyone else get the uncontrollable shakes?
removed by request
IP IP Logged
psychokinetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote psychokinetic Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 8:54pm
oooh yes, the restarting is the worst part :P
you breathed,
then you stopped
i breathed
and dried you off...
IP IP Logged
Omicr0n
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote Omicr0n Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 8:55pm
Well just before i get a mod i eat something, it really helps....
And while i get modded i think of something nice, like sex....  Works for me

IP IP Logged
back2cali1104
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote back2cali1104 Replybullet Posted: March/19/2006 at 10:51pm
isnt post mod sex absolutely wonderful? omg, when the endorphins are going their highest, its serious time to get down.............simple as that////////////////
removed by request
IP IP Logged
Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version