General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Support... heh... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
x_Blood_Angel_x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote x_Blood_Angel_x Replybullet Topic: Support... heh...
    Posted: January/28/2006 at 12:21pm

I am on my way to losing 3 stone.... eeeekkkk.... ( about, ummm...42 pounds...)

A hard target I know... but I have a while... About 9 months for my brothers weddin)...

Anywayyyyyyy.. was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to fight eating out of habit? Ya know, picking between meals and the like... because in Spain, where I am, I get really bored, so I just eat, and also, its a sort of cirle case, I eat because I'm depressed, I'm depressed when I eat, ya know. I'm on a diet at the mo, no carbs ( well very little of them, because they store as fat, etc)... And I'm doing quite well, I've been on it almos a week, and I have stuck - pretty much - to it. lol. With the odd case of NEED CHOCLATE!!! (Unfortunately, its that time, so its very hard)...

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, if ya can help, please post on here, or email me prefferable) as I cant get on here often, and it would prolly disappear, so yea, email me! lol

abbsy5@hotmail.com ... and add me if ya want t MSN, but im not n often, so dunna when Ill add ya back

ANYWAY, damnit, Thanks :) xxxxxx

Dance Like Nobody's Watching. Love like you've never been hurt. And when things are low, smile like you've never done it before.
IP IP Logged
Blasphemer
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote Blasphemer Replybullet Posted: January/28/2006 at 12:53pm
i say eat a vitamin supplement every morning and just drink water and if you get really hungry just eat celery darlin... hehe... works for me... probably kinda unhealthy but you'll loose the weight...
_-AleX-_
IP IP Logged
Dantes Lover
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 52

Quote Dantes Lover Replybullet Posted: January/28/2006 at 3:50pm
for the chocolate need, get a package of mini m & m's or something that you can carry around with you during the day, but RATION!
Pierced, Stretched, Tattooed, Scarred, and Corseted.
IP IP Logged
psychokinetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote psychokinetic Replybullet Posted: January/28/2006 at 10:36pm
i have the problem of picking at food all day, but i dont eat meals. just eat throughout.
you breathed,
then you stopped
i breathed
and dried you off...
IP IP Logged
huntersmommy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote huntersmommy Replybullet Posted: January/29/2006 at 1:51am
Like Alex said, drink lots of water...it makes you feel full.  And rationing mini m&m's is a great way to get your chocolate fix in.  Good luck with the weight loss, though...I'm trying to lose about the same amount before my wedding in August, and have all the same problems that you do! 
*~Jen~*
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: January/29/2006 at 2:19am
hmmmm; i'd personaly advise against the water and dietry suppliment... although the suppliment realy should be taken if your gonna do it.

I dropped around 60kg in a very short ammount of time via that method but developed an eating disorder because of it; iv still got alot of appetite / eating issues.

eat alot of salads and fresh veggies.
IP IP Logged
Steef
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Steef Replybullet Posted: January/29/2006 at 6:37am
Yes indeed. Salades and fruitshakes. A lot of water does help, but don't overdo it. Keep it healthy and take a max. of about 2 litres a day [or something :)]
Er ... Boo.
IP IP Logged
Dantes Lover
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 52

Quote Dantes Lover Replybullet Posted: January/29/2006 at 11:03pm
>.<
Pierced, Stretched, Tattooed, Scarred, and Corseted.
IP IP Logged
x_Blood_Angel_x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote x_Blood_Angel_x Replybullet Posted: January/30/2006 at 7:21am

The m&ms are a good idea, if only I could find them.... Spainish shops kinda suck, in a none tourist area, and have to find an English shop, where they are mega expensive (for a tramp like me, lolol)...

I drink shitloads of water, and need to pee every 5 minutes. lol.

I'm not doing what you have done Alex, it may have worked for you, but it won't work for me, because as soon as I eat anything normal, i'd gain all the weight really fast, been there done the whole anorexia (sp?) thing, and I don't want to go back there... (How, you think, did I get big enough to lose 3 stone, ater being like that, I will never know, but I know \i don't wanna obsess over food and excersise again).. which is why I wan to do it properly :) ... Thanks all xxx

Dance Like Nobody's Watching. Love like you've never been hurt. And when things are low, smile like you've never done it before.
IP IP Logged
Keairao
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 22

Quote Keairao Replybullet Posted: January/30/2006 at 10:55am
You need to exercise. Diets don't work, of course sometimes you will lose a bit of weight, but you will gain it back. Losing weight is a change of lifestyle. You need to eat healthy and be active.

Eating healthy means eating a BALANCED diet. Carbs, protien and fat. Learn a bit about nutrition, learn which are good carbs, good protiens and good fats and eat the foods that provide those. Never get on a diet that excludes carbs, they provide your body with the energy it needs to function. (protiens and fats can provide energy, but they aren't terribly efficient and your body doesn't like to use them - you will become very tired very quickly) It's also proven that the more restrictive a diet, the more likely people are to cheat and give up.

Exercise is the best way to lose weight. 20-30 mins 3-4 days a week. Really all it takes. You need resistance training (lifting weights) and you need to work your muscles to failure. It's the only way to build lean muscle mass (don't worry you won't start looking like a man or anything - you will however lose love handles and saddle bags) 1lb of muscle burns way more calories, even at rest, than the same amount of fat ever could. It simply takes more calories to maintain, meaning that your metabolic rate goes up,

Weight loss is a numbers game. Make sure your caloric expenditures are greater than your caloric intake and you will lose the pounds. If you do it in a healthy way, not only will you look great for the wedding, but you'll feel better, be happier and it will last.

For the record - took me 8 monts to lose about 80 lbs (I lost a whole Britney Spears!!!) and I've kept most of it off (gained back 10lbs from being lazy) for about 3.5 years now and counting. Spent some time as a personal trainer as well. It takes a bit of work, but totally worth it.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version