Message Icon Topic: Posting pics of your mods Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 5 Next >>
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Topic: Posting pics of your mods
    Posted: September/05/2005 at 5:13am

Once a member of the site, you can now post pictures of your mods, or your portfolio pics, right here in the BodyMod.org galleries. We will get to some general as well as specific guidelines for posting a bit later. For now, lets focus on how to actually load an image.

First you ask your self which main category this mod belongs in. There are 3 main categories; piercings, tattoos and hardcore. You can choose the main category for you post under the 'My BMod' option on the top tool bar, simply choose 'Post Piercing', 'Post Tattoo', 'Post Hardcore". Any one of those options will take you to the post addition form, where you will see the image requirements for the post. Essentially, the image must be a JPG less than 200K in size.

Your first option is for the primary sub category that the mod belongs in. If you are uploading a pic of a body modification that you performed on someone else, this option is where you will choose 'Portfolio', otherwise, it MUST be a picture of you. You can not upload a pic of someone else's' mod, regardless of their relationship or affiliation with you. You also have the option of having the pic displayed in 2 other sub-categories where appropriate. Please only choose relevant categories for the mod. Remember, mis-categorized images will be removed. If you don't want it to show in other galleries, or it doesn't belong anywhere else, please leave the secondary options set to none.

The first text box is for the mod name. This will be what is read in the title of the post, and lets people know what they will be seeing in the post.

Your next box is the path to the image on your end. Hit the 'Browse' box, and choose the file from the directory where your image is stored on your computer. Remember, it must be a JPG less than 200k in size.

Next is the text box for the story of your modification. We love to read about your experience, so if you have a story to tell, here is where it goes. Once you are done, click the 'Add It' button at the bottom. Be patient, depending on your image size, your connection speed, and network load, this step may take a while. Once successfully completed, your browser will automatically be redirected to the image gallery to display your completed post. You are all done.

Now, what makes a good post? The image must be large (preferably 640X480 or higher resolution), well lit, in focus, reasonably free of visible grain, and fairly centered on the mod. The mod should be clearly visible in the photo, close enough for us to see it. If the image isn't good, it may be removed for 'Poor Image Quality' (PIQ). The title should be fairly specific and the entire post should be looked over for errors.

Once you have your post successfully loaded, you may now add other views of it. This feature lets you show other angles, different steps of the process, or different jewelry. Pics such as these loaded as separate mods can be removed. To load these pics, you first need to have your mod on-screen. In the upper left you have the option under 'Mod your Mods' to add additional pics. Click enlargeable thumbnails of these images will now be shown under the main pic.

Also under the 'Mod your Mods' you have the option to 'Edit this Mod', 'Change the main pic', or to 'Delete the post' in it's entirety. These are pretty self explanatory.

If your pic qualifies for removal under the Site Guidelines, the image can not be reload without first correcting the issue for which it was removed. If you have any questions about posting, removals, or anything else for that matter, simply contact any one of the site moderators, and we will be glad to assist you. 

Edited by MontanaPiercer - September/21/2011 at 9:09pm
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
Adam
BMod Admin
BMod Admin

Total Mods: 72

Quote Adam Replybullet Posted: September/06/2005 at 3:54pm
Beautiful

.: Adam
IP IP Logged
DC0-1
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote DC0-1 Replybullet Posted: September/22/2005 at 7:41pm
http://www.hackthisohio.com/bodymod/

video to complement the instructions
IP IP Logged
sweetiehoneybab
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 36

Quote sweetiehoneybab Replybullet Posted: September/23/2005 at 3:44am
that vid is ace! good work hunni. xx
IP IP Logged
dani-riot
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote dani-riot Replybullet Posted: October/23/2005 at 6:53pm
hi tana, is it possible to put up pics of piercings ive done as well as my own?
all my life in one grain of sand.....and you own it
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: October/23/2005 at 6:55pm
Yes, certainly, in the portfolio galleries. When adding a mod, make your first category option 'portfolio'.... all you need to do, everything else is just the same
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
califrayray
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote califrayray Replybullet Posted: November/10/2005 at 6:31am
 Worst forum user here. I did try looking for answers to these two questions. Sorry if they're in plain sight and I missed them. I've posted a lobe piercing and stretch in piercings. Also three tatts. When I bring up any of them, the side bar says I don't have any other piercings or tattoos. How do I fix this? Other question is completely off subject, but don't want to create another thread. Does the system have a way for me to pull up my previous posts? So I can follow up comments and questions. Very interesting site here, I hope I'm not getting off to a bad start. 
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: November/10/2005 at 8:06am
The sidebar listing is not functioning right now because of the database transitions, but will be back up when Adam is done with the site change overs. To check comments on your posts simply choose My Messages from the My BMod option at the top of the page. If you have any comments, they will list there.
IP IP Logged
XburyXmeX
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote XburyXmeX Replybullet Posted: January/17/2006 at 6:19pm
Ok.. So let me get this straight.. The reason it says I only have three mods, when I actually have 8 posted.. Is because of all the server and technical-based stuff Adam is doing?
IP IP Logged
psychokinetic
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote psychokinetic Replybullet Posted: January/17/2006 at 7:18pm
sure is, hes being a good little procrastinator and getting on to it...yknow...sometime :P
you breathed,
then you stopped
i breathed
and dried you off...
IP IP Logged
Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version