<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Lip piercing is swelled after a few months... help! :D Post Reply Post New Topic
dagorex
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote dagorex Replybullet Topic: Lip piercing is swelled after a few months... help! :D
    Posted: November/15/2014 at 4:18pm
Hey Guys :)

So i got my first piercing (apart from ears) a few weeks before my 18th birthday, a lip one. Found a place willing to put a hoop in right away, and glad to say it went well. It didn't swell to the point of becoming painful with the hoop, and after two weeks the swelling had gone for the most part.

Now all that remains is a swelling inside my mouth, at the area the ring goes through the skin. It changes from day to day, sometimes being pretty big, and sometimes barely there, and sometimes it swells on the outside too. The piercing still gets crusty scab material on it where it enters my mouth, and im unsure of what to do to fix this, especially as when i went in to the piercing place after two weeks for my checkup, they said it was fully healed.

It's painful sometimes, though not even enough to make me wince, not too badly, and i don't think its infected as it's not itchy, does not have any discharge or anything like that. I'm just confused!

really want a second one, getting snake bites, yet i am only willing to get one when this one has healed fully, so any help would be appreciated! :D

Thanks in advance to everybody! :D

Edited by dagorex - November/15/2014 at 4:28pm
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: November/16/2014 at 8:18am
good luck finding someone capable of making symmetrical piercings with one of them already healed, it's not as easy as one might think, only really experienced and careful artists can do it (and apparently your's isn't, i assume because he pierced your lip straight with a ring)
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: November/16/2014 at 4:56pm
a saline soak on a lip? i'd get sterile gauze from the chemist (or any type of cloth really if its already healed) and soak it in warm saline (hot but not burning hot) soak the outside of the pierced area.

aids healing, sounds like your lip isn't healing all the way due to movement in the ring, make a serious effort not to touch/move it at all, try the soaks and if you can keep it from getting irritated for a few weeks you should get a well healed fistula (piercing hole).
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version