Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Branding over a tattoo. Post Reply Post New Topic
taikuri
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote taikuri Replybullet Topic: Branding over a tattoo.
    Posted: September/28/2014 at 3:45am

Hello! I want to make this tattoo not so visible. Will branding over this tattoo give me scar colored peace sign? I thought that maybe i brand it in little pieces. First i make the round shape from wire and brand that. Then i make the "Y" shape and brand that. What do you think, will this work?
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: September/28/2014 at 7:15am
Originally posted by taikuri

<a class="fancybox" href="/forum/uploads/taikuri/xI5H2G16nn.jpg"></a>

Hello! I want to make this tattoo not so visible. Will branding over this tattoo give me scar colored peace sign? I thought that maybe i brand it in little pieces. First i make the round shape from wire and brand that. Then i make the "Y" shape and brand that. What do you think, will this work?

branding blurs over time and would be unrecognizable after a few years, scarification is an option and I personally think that tattoo is a very good candidate for lazer tattoo removal.

the other option is scarification (with a scalpel) this would leave a scar that won't blur so much and will be legible.

third option - get the tattoo touched up! hand/neck/face/foot tattoos do need touchups!
IP IP Logged
taikuri
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote taikuri Replybullet Posted: September/28/2014 at 9:00am
I don't think its possible to scalpel this shape. Wouldn't i have just a ball left after that?
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: September/28/2014 at 11:39am
scalpels provide very clean lines compared to brands. go to a pro who you trust and have it scalpeled if that's the shape you want.
IP IP Logged
Azathotep
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Azathotep Replybullet Posted: September/28/2014 at 12:16pm
Scalpels can be very precise. Much more so than branding. But, yeah. choo is on target here (and usually is). If you want it gone, it is tiny and you could safely remove it I think. If you want it better, get it done over by a trusted tattoo artist.
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: September/28/2014 at 10:18pm
scarring can be pretty hard and compromise the movement of that finger, specially if the tissue comes out tough

i'd go with laser for this one
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: October/05/2014 at 5:12am
I rethought this and the idea of scalpeling it out sounds like a REALLY good idea, I mean a good artist could follow the design no sweat if you still want the hippy symbol but if you take really good care of it and cut shallow it'l be not easily visable at all (most people scrub or use lemon juice on scarification to make the scars so prominent, if you took good care of yours it'd heal really well and scar signifcantly less).

at the size lazer removal could be a real option too though, i'd go with the first option personally unless you have a problem with the hippy sign (people probably won't notice if u have it removed via scarification and look after it, it'l be an unprominent scar, I assume you don't have a major issue with the symbl itself but rather the way it looks/placement/noticeability ect.

said it before, say it again - make sure you don't brand on fingers, it blurs to shit.

GOODLUCK OP!
IP IP Logged
taikuri
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote taikuri Replybullet Posted: October/05/2014 at 5:27am
Thanks for the answers. Now i just need to find someone who does scarification. I'll post a pic of the outcome when the job is done. Might take a while though, because i have to travel for this. No one does these in this town at Lapland where i live.
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: October/05/2014 at 10:49am
for scarification, especially that size/location, i would go for a good artist rather than just convenience.
i've traveled for the majority of my scar work (or had someone travel to me).
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: October/05/2014 at 10:49am
for scarification, especially that size/location, i would go for a good artist rather than just convenience.
i've traveled for the majority of my scar work (or had someone travel to me).
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version