BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Problem Sleeping On My Stomach Post Reply Post New Topic
lisab1429
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote lisab1429 Replybullet Topic: Problem Sleeping On My Stomach
    Posted: September/21/2014 at 5:42pm
Yesterday, I got a upper back tattoo and I have a problem with sleeping on my stomach, I tend to fall asleep on my stomach but when I wake up I am always on my back. I don't want to ruin my tattoo, please does anyone have a suggestions for me.

Thanks. Your replies would be much appreciated.
IP IP Logged
choo
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote choo Replybullet Posted: September/21/2014 at 6:45pm
I used to do the suit & tie thing and found a way to sleep/work comfortably without getting ink everywhere.

What i'd do is cut up a shirt or piece of fabric then tape or bandage it over the tattooed area, other options are sterile would pads or paper towel (don't really recommend paper towel, makes the tattoo dry out more & risk of the tattoo sticking... if your in a pinch tho).

goodluck with your new tattoo
IP IP Logged
Azathotep
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Azathotep Replybullet Posted: September/22/2014 at 10:59am
I just had an upper back piece worked on Sept. 8th. So I know what you are going through. For the 1st 3 to 4 days, I coat it heavily with Aquafor and then cover it with plastic wrap and use medical tape to tape the wrap in place. I then put an old crappy t-shirt on to sleep in. I try my best to wedge myself into the couch to where I cannot roll over onto my back completely but may end up leaning on it some as I sleep. I don't bother trying to sleep in bed for those 3 days.

When I get up, I shower the aquafor gently off my back (it helps to have someone gently wash it off in the shower for you with anti-bacterial soap, that way I don't have to worry about hard to reach area in center). Pat dry, do NOT rub dry or scrub clean in shower either. Pat it dry gently. then when air dried some, go about your day as normal.

Repeat this process for 3 or 4 days and then after that just let it dry normally and no aquafor, but still don't soak in tub or scrub /rub/scratch. After 10 days you can lightly apply a non-scented moisturizer to help with dryness/itching if you want.

These are about the standard care instructions for any tattoo that all the good shops I know about will tell you and even give you a care sheet to remember all the details. I keep one on my wall lol.

Hope this helps and take care! Hope the tattoo heals wonderfully.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version