Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Vertical labret bleeding? Post Reply Post New Topic
lukeeeee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote lukeeeee Replybullet Topic: Vertical labret bleeding?
    Posted: September/03/2014 at 6:39pm
I've had my vertical labret done for about a week and everything seems to be okay, its a little sore but I put saline solution on it 3 times a day with a q tip, today it randomly started bleeding. Should I be worried or is it normal to bleed after a week?
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: September/03/2014 at 6:56pm
if it bled this once or maybe a handful of times, no problem, might be some residue exiting and causing minor damage to the fistula, and lip piercings tend to bleed in some people just because

now, if it bleed frequently like 2-3 time a day or continues this minor bleedings after a month, only then should you worry
IP IP Logged
lukeeeee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote lukeeeee Replybullet Posted: September/03/2014 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by saintgabu

if it bled this once or maybe a handful of times, no problem, might be some residue exiting and causing minor damage to the fistula, and lip piercings tend to bleed in some people just because

now, if it bleed frequently like 2-3 time a day or continues this minor bleedings after a month, only then should you worry

This is the first time it's ever bled, it's bleeding out of the top hole.
Thank you!
IP IP Logged
lukeeeee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote lukeeeee Replybullet Posted: September/03/2014 at 7:07pm
its actually bleeding quite a lot from the top and bottom hole?
i'm a little concerned? its hurts a bit and just feels really stiff my lips are also super dry from the piercing? could this be contributing to it?
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: September/03/2014 at 9:36pm
yes, it could, vertical labrets are hell to heal, when i healed mine it was painful, dry lips, bleeding, the first two weeks were hell
IP IP Logged
lukeeeee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote lukeeeee Replybullet Posted: September/03/2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by saintgabu

yes, it could, vertical labrets are hell to heal, when i healed mine it was painful, dry lips, bleeding, the first two weeks were hell

was there anything you found that you could use to make your lips less dry? I dont want to use anything that could irritate it
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: September/06/2014 at 5:45am
i'd normally use vaseline, but to be honest, it helps very little if anything, you might as well just suck it up and everything will tart going back to normal after about 10 days, after 3 weeks you'll even start forgetting you have that piercing
IP IP Logged
nemissary
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote nemissary Replybullet Posted: September/06/2014 at 10:15am
Another important thing to remember is to drink a LOT of water. Drink water throughout the day and if you already think you drink enough water, drink even more. This won't eliminate bleeding or cracking lips by itself but it will reduce it quite a bit. I didn't believe it mattered that much and my lip got very dried and cracked from some swelling and especially above the piercing. As soon as I remembered my piercer told me to drink tons of water and started doing just that, my lip got so much better.

Just keep up the proper mouthwash and saline cleaning and it should work out. After a week, when the swelling has decreased and you are feeling more comfortable is also when you may get a bit more "crusties" around the piercing as it heals and this may cause a tiny amount of bleeding. I'm going through the same thing right now with 3 labret piercings on one side of my lip that were all done at once.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version