BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Hardcore
Message Icon Topic: colouring a scarification white Post Reply Post New Topic
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Topic: colouring a scarification white
    Posted: May/08/2014 at 12:37am
so, hello, i've never really asked a question here before so this is kind of weird for me, uh... please be gentle?

thing is, i live in brazil, scarification here is absurdly limited, even more so if you wish to actually heal it, a few artists perform cutting, even fewer perform skin removal, there have been maybe 10 or 15 brandings since 1994 and anything more complex than that is unheard of, so as you can all figure out: ink rubbing, ash rubbing and so are non-existent, same goes for information on those procedures which is mostly "i know this guy that tried this once back in '99 and it doesn't work so don't try it at all in any way", i've even heard things like "ink rubbing doesn't work"

thing is, i have solid black borneo roses on my shoulders over which i intend to scar two swastikas, but i want them as white or at least discoloured as possible; i've searched around the internet and noticed that whenever there's an ink rubbing the ink seems more pasty than liquid as i'm used to, i've found a really old thread in theses forums where some guy claims to use some sort of sand to thicken the pigment, but i have no idea what kind of sand could that be or even what kind could i successfully autoclave; i've spoken to ryan ouellette and he told me he started with powdered pigment and mixed it with distilled water, but powdered pigment is not an option around here since there are only 3 brands of ink you can get legally and all of them offer exclusively diluted pigment

option b i thought of recently would be ash rubbing, i hear it causes slight discolouration and makes the scars raise a bit more than usual, but not wildly, i don't want the design to crude once healed, i guess the main idea would be wood ash, probably pinus meant for rodents and such because it contains little to no chemicals

option c would be to just get the scar and hope it whitens out as much as possible naturally, which is not something i would like to do

so... any ideas? suggestions on how i can thicken ink? maybe experiences? anyone?... please don't leave me alone here
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: May/08/2014 at 8:34am
If it's that important that it come out white, it might be worth traveling somewhere where ink rubbing with the materials you've heard/seen are more successful are more accessible along with experienced artists.

As a rather pale individual, my scars do turn white (much whiter than my normal skin) over time. This can take several years, though. This has held true with my scar pieces (other than my brand, which is my only non-cut piece). So, knowing your body is important, too.
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: May/09/2014 at 1:41am
i am rather white too and my only scar has whitened considerably so far

the travelling is something i would really like to do but can't, i'm still a college student therefor i have no money, add to that that i'm a piercer in brazil and an apprentice and out of work, it's a miracle i'm not living under any bridges

the real question is: is there a material that i can safely use just under my nose this whole time and i'm not aware of it?

EDIT: my idea now is to find some sort of medical thickening agent used in liquid diets for imuno-compromised patients

Edited by SaintGabu - May/09/2014 at 1:44am
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: May/11/2014 at 5:30am
It may be worth getting an artist to give you a normal scarification piece and see how it heals. If a year down the line the scar is not white enough you may very well be able to lighten it using light coloured tattoo inks (Japanese watershade greys with pure white highlights will give a bright 3-d effect white that will look great if you use a good tattoo artist). But hopefully the scar will heal naturally pale and not need tattooing.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version