Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Help for science! Post Reply Post New Topic
Weltenwandlerin
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Weltenwandlerin Replybullet Topic: Help for science!
    Posted: April/30/2014 at 3:01pm
Dear Body Mod community,

I am a Health and Social Psychology Masters student from the Netherlands. Currently I am doing research for my master's dissertation... My research is about body modification and personality. As you can imagine, it's not that easy to find participants, especially those with lots of tattoos/body mods and this is why I am bothering you here - I hope that's okay.

If some of you would spare 20 minutes of their time to fill out my online questionnaire, I would be soooo soooo grateful! It's really interesting to answer the questions and, additionally, you have the chance of winning one out of several 25,- Amazon vouchers.

Please help science (and me - lots of lovely karma for you in my book...)!

This is the link:

https://fpn.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6yQAnQllQrFWSTH

Thanks so much in advance!
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: May/02/2014 at 3:47am
As a student how can you afford to give away expensive prizes? That makes your whole enterprise seem like a scam.
I will risk taking the survey anyway but it is against my better judgement.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: May/02/2014 at 4:16am
After answering the survey it seems very obvious that the questions are leading, biased, and designed to yield a pre-determined result.

I think few people who fill out this survey will not feel insulted (I certainly did). I also think that the survey is designed in such a way that anyone with modfications will appear both vain and mentally damaged.

"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
redjak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote redjak Replybullet Posted: May/02/2014 at 5:28pm
Feel like i just took a psych exam aimed at seeing if there is a correlation between body modification and mental disorder. I must say that i find it mildly offensive and most of the questions in there could apply to anyone at any given time however there were a few questions in there that i found highly annoying/offensive.

…did you use a weapon in a fight, like a bat, brick, broken bottle, a knife or gun?
"I have a ccw license i have only ever pulled my gun once in self defense did not have to fire a single round. Dont think this question is relevant."

(Since you were 15) have you been in any fights?
"Well duh who has not."

Have you physically threatened or hurt anyone else?
"Again self defense."

Edited by redjak - May/02/2014 at 5:30pm
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: May/02/2014 at 6:03pm
As a mental health professional, this reads as if you are looking to diagnose everyone taking this with a disorder, especially personality-related. it's rather disturbing, really, in terms of how that reflects what we see as your view of individuals in the modified community.
IP IP Logged
redjak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote redjak Replybullet Posted: May/02/2014 at 8:00pm
To be completely honest most people I know who have body modifications from the most minor to the most extreme mods tend to be more stable and mentally healthy than the folks who society would consider normal.
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: May/03/2014 at 8:02am
to be extremely honest, 70% of people can be diagnosed with at least one condition, most of them are personality disorders, so it's not impressive that it seems like this is pushing us to answer something, so many diagnosis these days...

and also, this study could be there to show how the numbers do not deviate from plainskins to modded people, that would be even more interesting than if the latter were meantally healthier
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version