Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Red fistulas? Post Reply Post New Topic
nofxroxx
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote nofxroxx Replybullet Topic: Red fistulas?
    Posted: February/06/2014 at 3:11pm
Hey all. I am currently at an 8g and would like to go up to a 6g when my holes are ready. Iv'e been at an 8 now for about a month. The only problem I'm seeing is that the skin inside of my ears look REALLY red. There has never been pain, swelling bleeding or pus in my stretching process. Is the redness normal? Is it safe to go up to a 6g soon?

My other question is that I have 6g tapers ready to go for when I do stretch up. But it looks like a BIG jump...is that going to cause a blowout jumping up that much even though it's one size? I know my cousin said that once you hit a certain size, the jumps start getting bigger. Is that true? Can I get a 7g to "lessen" the big jump from 8 to 6?

IP IP Logged
redjak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote redjak Replybullet Posted: February/06/2014 at 3:30pm
I'd say give it a month more.
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: February/06/2014 at 4:05pm
What kind of jewellery do you wear in your ears? And what material are they made out of? It looks like your ears are having a reaction to the jewellery.

And you could get in between sizes for tapers if you feel like the next size up looks a little too big......better safe than sorry. Just make sure they are stainless steel tapers...almost everything else is junk and could increase your rise of a blowout or other problems.

Edited by Vio_Lynn - February/06/2014 at 4:08pm
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: February/07/2014 at 1:06am
it looks like some sort of benign reaction to something, possibly the metal in the jewellery (this is VERY normal when using steel because of the nickel, which is rarely dangerous, but might cause micro-alergies like this) or some sort of product that you use on them (think emu oil, tea tree oil, ointments, whatever, not everyone reacts the same way to these products)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version