Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: bump on belly button piercing? Post Reply Post New Topic
maraanne
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote maraanne Replybullet Topic: bump on belly button piercing?
    Posted: December/02/2013 at 11:59am
i got my belly button pierced on february 23rd of this year and i cleaned it twice a day with water and antibacterial soap just like my piercer told me to. around the middle of may, i noticed a small blister/bubble on the bottom hole of my piercing. i went to my piercer and he glanced at it and told me it was a keloid and that, to get rid of it, i needed to take a crushed up aspirin or a goody powder, mix it with water, and apply it to the bump. i did as instructed and sure enough, it was gone within a week or so.

unfortunately, the bump returned, in the same place and everything. i did the aspirin/water thing until it went away again. and once more, it's returned. i've noticed that after a few days of the bump being there, it will bust open and start bleeding and there seems to be some transparent substance on the inside of the bubble. it cannot be squeezed out, it seems to be solid. it's very painful when it busts because it sticks to the bottom ball of my piercing and pulls and it HURTS. my piercing is also still oozing a green liquid.

as of right now, it just burns and i've been cleaning it. i've been told keloids can't bleed and that they don't hurt, but this thing does. i've had my cartilage pierced and my lobes pierced and never had this problem before. my friend also got her belly button done the same day, same place i did and has had no trouble with hers. i just don't know what to do. does it sound like an infection? i've also had someone tell me my body is rejecting the piercing. i'll post a couple pictures. is this a keloid or just a bad infection? this bump has been here off and on for about seven months.

i also thought it could be an allergic reaction the metal because in my ears, i can only wear 14kt gold or sterling silver but my piercer said it can't be that because it's surgical steel and it's better than any other metal. someone please help me. is there still hope that i can have a normal navel piercing one day?
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: December/02/2013 at 1:05pm
If it is oozing green liquid you need to have it looked at ASAP. Go to your piercer to see if it is an allergic reaction and if it might be switch to gold or titanium just in case....then go to a doctor to make sure it is not an infection. If it is an infection just remember to KEEP THE JEWELLERY IN no matter what anyone tells you. Taking it out will only cause bigger problems....the infection needs a place to drain and if you take that away you are in serious trouble.
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: December/02/2013 at 1:09pm
Also I know you were just trying to get a picture of the problem, but it looks like you are being way too rough with a somewhat fresh piercing. If you pull on it like that every time you clean it that could be another reason why you keep developing the blister and having discomfort. You should be moving, tugging, and touching it as little as possible...even when cleaning
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version