Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Naval dermal rejection? Post Reply Post New Topic
Pammie
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Pammie Replybullet Topic: Naval dermal rejection?
    Posted: November/06/2013 at 5:45pm
Hi all,

I've had some pretty bad experience with naval piercings in general and thought that my dermal actually made a difference but I'm not sure. After a top belly piercing 3 times (each rejecting) my piercer refused to pierce behind the scar tissue again so suggested I do the bottom. This rejected too leaving me a pretty bad scar. When I thought of what I would do at the top, my friend had suggested dermal so I thought awesome.
The pain was a bit horrid but May 2012 came and I got it done. There were a couple of times it got infected but I cleaned it with saline solution(contact lens solution - piercers all tell me that's ok) and it would be alright after a couple of days.
But this week I noticed that it hurt a little and when I checked it, it didn't look that great. There was a little pus around the dermal (like a creaming colour). So I started cleaning it again.
Today I've cleaned it quite a lot, using a q tip and saline solution. There was some bloody fluid (maybe lymph?) but eventually it seemed ok. I'm just wandering what I should do now. Take it out? Or leave it. I've posted a picture below. These were take a few hours apart from each other. So the left top was about 1pm today uk time, bottom was about 7pm then the right 2 pictures just about 20mins ago (10:30pm ish)
Is it rejecting? If so, I can't see a piercer until Saturday - is that too late?

Any help appreciated

Pammie

Edited by Pammie - November/06/2013 at 5:53pm
IP IP Logged
PiercingByTheo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 5

Quote PiercingByTheo Replybullet Posted: November/30/2013 at 3:05pm
unfortunately that may just be a part of your body you couldn't get a permanent piercing in some people cant have certain piercings because their body's hate it I've ran into this problem a few times with people its just one of those things. however you could get a tattoo to cover the scars or to mimic how a belly ring would look.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version