Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
I Want Something, But I Need Help
 BodyMod.org Forum : Idea Banks : I Want Something, But I Need Help
Message Icon Topic: Christina Piercing Help Please? Post Reply Post New Topic
_breezy
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote _breezy Replybullet Topic: Christina Piercing Help Please?
    Posted: October/03/2013 at 9:59pm
So I am considering getting a Christina piercing, but the rejection part is kind of scaring me. So I was just wondering what's the rejection rate and how do I know if it's happening? Also is there anything I can do to like prevent rejection from happening or lessen my chances of it happening? And are there any other problems that could occur with this type of piercing?
IP IP Logged
SaintGabu
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote SaintGabu Replybullet Posted: October/04/2013 at 11:18am
preventing rejection is

1- choosing a good peircer, who will perform it with proper technique
2- proper jewelry, which for a christina would be an L bar
3- taking care during healing, cleaning but not over-cleaning, and watching out for bumps (that means either no sex or really light sex)
IP IP Logged
LauraOhFace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote LauraOhFace Replybullet Posted: October/04/2013 at 5:21pm
I have had my christina piercing for years. It is one of my most favourite piercings because of placement and the general aesthetic look.

The poster above is not wise in his suggestion to use an 'L' bar. MOST are done with surface bars or curved barbells depending on anatomy.

Every piercing has a chance of rejection. However, if you care for it properly you will reduce the chances of rejection.

Use sea salt soaks 3 times daily; 1/4 teaspoon salt in hot, but not boiling, water for 5 minutes.

Will healing, make sure not to wear delicate underwear, i.e Lacey french knickers are it can cause the piercing to snag and TRUST ME that shit hurts.. Wear loose cotton briefs that will allow the piercing to sit more comfortably. I wouldn suggest against super skinny tight jeans as anything harsh rubbing against it can cause irritation.

You will know if it is rejecting if the entry and exit holes become EXTREMELY red, sore and raised.. All piercings will be red initially as the skin has just been pierced but if it doesn't seem to improve and just looks angry all the time.. chances are it will reject and you can always remove it..

Good luck. Hope you take the plunge and love it :D
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version