Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Aftercare Q&A
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Aftercare Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Infected Nipple piercing? Post Reply Post New Topic
Mskake33
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Mskake33 Replybullet Topic: Infected Nipple piercing?
    Posted: August/22/2013 at 7:28pm
Hey! I've had my nipples pierced since March. They've been doing fine, get sore every once in awhile, and the white discharge (sometimes), but mostly fine. But for the last 2 days they have been SUPER sore!!! I was them out in the shower with antibacterial soap everytime. I did make the mistake of twisting them around with the soap on them tonight just b/c I thought it would help, (totally didnt). Going braless at the moment b/c I feel like they need some air! I just thought it odd for them to get so sore after Ive had them pierced for 5 months. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Oh, and I've tried the H2O spray, but I feel like it just dries them out and makes them itchy as hell!
IP IP Logged
evalution
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 34

Quote evalution Replybullet Posted: August/23/2013 at 2:24am
There could be many reasons that they are feeling like they do..perhaps a change in jewelry or even a hormonal change. i've noticed, in the short few months that mine have been pierced, that they are much more sensitive depending on my hormones or lack thereof than they were prior to being pierced. Might also be due to you getting sick.. I find that a lot of my piercings are finnicky, especially in the first year or two, when I am getting sick. Also, it could be none of those things, and they just may be acting up.

Instead of H2Ocean, try sea salt soaks.. 1/4 tsp noniodized sea salt in 8 oz of water.. warm it up.. and soak for several minutes.

A picture may be helpful.

If you get severe pain, discoloration, swelling, etc., seek medical attention immediately. Clogged ducts and mastisis can lead to some pretty nasty infections if not dealt with appropriately.
IP IP Logged
BigMikeHOOKED
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 30

Quote BigMikeHOOKED Replybullet Posted: August/25/2013 at 5:25pm
Irritation can and will happen, even after having these piercings for years. It can be caused by any number of things. If the are having discharge in any other color than the white stuff (which is mostly dead skin and soap residue), discontinue use of any soaps, and just go with a warm saline soak, 2-3 times daily.
"stay true to your obsessions" V. Vale
IP IP Logged
Mskake33
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Mskake33 Replybullet Posted: August/26/2013 at 5:35pm
Thanks! I did the H2ocean spray alternating with soap and they are getting much better! I havent changed the jewelry yet. But I want to soooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version