Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Ideas
 BodyMod.org Forum : Idea Banks : Piercing Ideas
Message Icon Topic: Plausable... or Poor Idea? Post Reply Post New Topic
MayonnaiseJane
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote MayonnaiseJane Replybullet Topic: Plausable... or Poor Idea?
    Posted: February/08/2013 at 12:48pm
So, I've always been averse to oral piercings due to fear of the dental implications, and then there was the vertical labret... but I'm not a fan of the center placement.

Yesterday I saw this pic of some really nice looking vertical spiderbites with flat opal cabochons on all 4 ends, and it got me thinking....

Anatomical makes these "bullet" cut stone cabachons... and I'm wondering what might be able to be done with those in the way of wide spaced vertical angel bites, the vertical opposite of these. With little bitty opal stone fangs... not for everyday wear... everyday the bottoms would probably be some smaller threaded end probably without a stone, or a flat cabacon...

Is this plausible?

Would the end facing down and likely touching the lower lip during speaking and eating result in undue pressure on the piercing, and rejection?

If I hate it how hard are vertical lips to heal?

If I like it and decide to keep it, how long before I can take them out for occasions where they would be a problem (I act, the gymnastics I go thru with button band-aids and liquid latex for my facial micro dermal are... interesting)  or can you ever with vertical lip piercings? I have a friend who takes out her CBR spider bites for work, but that's different, they're regular labret...

8^)

Edited by MayonnaiseJane - February/08/2013 at 12:52pm
IP IP Logged
Luk7
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Luk7 Replybullet Posted: March/06/2013 at 4:30am
like for me it is plausible, look so good

Edited by Luk7 - March/06/2013 at 4:31am
IP IP Logged
AyaMcCabre
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote AyaMcCabre Replybullet Posted: March/06/2013 at 3:21pm
Having the lower end touch your bottom lip is unlikely to mess up your piercings, but it might cause irritation on your bottom lip. I have an inverse vertical labret and can't wear anything thicker than a disc (about 2mm high) for more than a few hours because it rubs on my top lip and irritates it. It should be fine for a few hours, but I would advise carrying alternative ends with you so that you can swap them if it gets annoying.
Time is on my side she said
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end -
He's coming after you my friend.
IP IP Logged
MayonnaiseJane
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote MayonnaiseJane Replybullet Posted: March/29/2013 at 1:47pm
Still considering this... not sure though. Also considering them as pictured, or as spider bites on my left side lip.

Going to be a while either way. Had one hell of a vet bill for my cat, and had to take a loan. Won't be getting anything done till that's paid off. Bites, because after paying for the super expensive tests, she's come back as terminal and there's nothing to be done for her.

Does anyone have any answers for the questions about healing time, getting rid of them if I decide I hate them, and/or how long before I can, or can I ever, have them out for theatrical performance?

And does anyone here have verticals in their top lip at all?

8^)
IP IP Logged
Braids
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote Braids Replybullet Posted: March/29/2013 at 11:41pm
i just got mine done recently, the top balls are almost always touching my upper lip but i dont find it irritating at all. the rest of the questions i cant answer cuz they havent healed yet greytongue
omnomnom
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version