BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Alcohol (unintended) branding Post Reply Post New Topic
snake07
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote snake07 Replybullet Topic: Alcohol (unintended) branding
    Posted: February/06/2013 at 7:46pm
Once I played with burning some alcohol in my belly button. It was ALPA, a 60% vol. alcohol that is mostly used as disinfectant. I dissolved a bit of water in it, because the flame would be really hot otherwise.

It was a very warm and pleasant feeling. It didn't burn ... much. When I stopped, there was no charred skin at all. The skin was only pink. It took a while until a circle-shaped blister appeared.

I left that blister in place for about two days, but it was really firm and not much comfy, so I picked it. The skin forming underneath wasn't ready, so it dried a bit, formed scabs ... And left a scar, even in those spots where I left the blister intact.

It seems the burn wasn't really intense, but it burned deep enough to leave a permanent scar. I didn't do it on purpose, but it doesn't look that bad. It did, but then it faded a bit after several months.
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: February/11/2013 at 1:28pm
Burns of almost any kind can easily scar because of the nature of tissue damage that burning causes.
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
redjak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote redjak Replybullet Posted: February/12/2013 at 10:11pm
Burns of any kind usualy scar easily one time my brother took a clothes steamer and stuck it against my belly for just a second it took almost 10 years before the scar faded.
IP IP Logged
snake07
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote snake07 Replybullet Posted: February/13/2013 at 8:49am
I just wondered if there could be any kind of use in that for branding, I saw some people branding themselves with cigarettes and other stuff, so I though alcohol might be fun.

I am still pretty much unsure it can be useful for intended branding ... basically, it only burned the skin around, not under the alcohol (because the liquid didn't heat enough to cause burns as well). So maybe this idea will help nobody, unless someone wanted a scar around his/her belly button ...

Edited by snake07 - February/13/2013 at 8:50am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version