<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
BodyMod.org FAQ
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod.org : BodyMod.org FAQ
Message Icon Topic: Posting mods, Shared accounts and Obscene Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Topic: Posting mods, Shared accounts and Obscene
    Posted: March/30/2012 at 12:11am
In preparation for the site overhaul, and in response to member requests and a small shift in policy, I want to address a couple of the site's policies.

In the past we considered two images, even if different in content, of a mod that has already been posted, as a duplicate posting and grounds for removal. Many of you have noticed lax of enforcement of this policy, this was a precursor to the change. To make supporter status more available to our members, and to increase site content, the duplicates policy will only be enforced under two conditions.

1) Gallery Flooding, IE uploading many pics of the same mod in rapid succession. What is rapid succession? If a moderator sees nothing but a page of your mod in the new mods listing, however epic you may think it to be, or if you have claimed the majority of the new mod banner at the top of the homepage, you are flooding. Space it out a little, it keeps the site fresh.

2) Pixel Duplicate, IE, the EXACT same image loaded more than once.

The second issue we have to address is the sharing of accounts. We have SO many shared accounts now, especially among the professionals and 'shop' accounts, that we essentially have to accept it or delete a large amount of accounts and content. We don't want to do this, however we will caution you on a couple of things and we STRONGLY recommend against it.

1) Shared accounts lose some sight functionality for artists. We are unable to separate and link portfolios to individuals and if an artist later makes an individual account, his work either wont be linked to him or gets reloaded, and that becomes a duplicate posting, and removable by moderators

2) If for some reason you have a disagreement between account users, any user has access to modify and edit your account. Think disgruntled ex employees, pissed off ex girlfriends, etc... If any person with access to that account asked the account to be closed by moderaters.... all other account users instantly have no profile, no post, and no messages. You will have to start all over.

Finally, what constitutes an 'obscene' post? That particular kill vote is for piss, shit or cum, to be blunt. Sexual acts fall under cum. Unsafe practices are not obscene. The site takes no stance on the safety or viability of any mod. If you take offense to the image on those grounds, you are free to comment on it or take it to the forums, and we encourage you to, but we will not remove an image based on relative skill, safety or viabilty of any posts. Our official stance is that a poorly done mod is still a mod, and we leave it to the members to judge the merits of a posts. We believe the Bodymod Pro verification procedure has at least cleaned up the 'pros' and the portfolio section.

You can always message me with individual questions or concerns if you don't want to post publicly in the forums. I think this is a good move for everyone

Edited by MontanaPiercer - March/30/2012 at 12:33am
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
randy flagg
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 237

Quote randy flagg Replybullet Posted: March/30/2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by MontanaPiercer

Finally, what constitutes an 'obscene' post? That particular kill vote is for piss, shit or cum, to be blunt. Sexual acts fall under cum. Unsafe practices are not obscene. The site takes no stance on the safety or viability of any mod. If you take offense to the image on those grounds, you are free to comment on it or take it to the forums, and we encourage you to, but we will not remove an image based on relative skill, safety or viabilty of any posts. Our official stance is that a poorly done mod is still a mod, and we leave it to the members to judge the merits of a posts. We believe the Bodymod Pro verification procedure has at least cleaned up the 'pros' and the portfolio section.

Very cool, Does this include boner pics?

I often wondered what the differences were, and why some people are so offended by "stupid shit in your piercings".

If the public can't see a stupid or shitty mod, then they can't really judge how great another mod can be.

IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: March/30/2012 at 9:46pm
We talked about it before, the boner thing, and decided that it is not a sexual act in itself, and many times the only way to see the true layout and positioning of some mods is facilited by the erection. We let it go.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: May/17/2012 at 2:08pm
Yay for boners!

hopefully people will opt not to post multiple pics of the same mod. still irks me up to this day.

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
heatherfeather
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote heatherfeather Replybullet Posted: May/17/2012 at 4:48pm
I have a question,

Is the same the mod at a new size from stretching considered a new mod or no?
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: May/17/2012 at 5:18pm
We would now accept it even if it was a simple jewelry change at the same size. But to answer your question, yes, even under the old rules, that would constitute a new mod
IP IP Logged
bondagekitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote bondagekitten Replybullet Posted: May/17/2012 at 5:57pm
if I was to add multiple additional pics of a mod for different views (my right leg for example) to show different parts of the tattoo would that flood the banner? I am wanting to take new pics but only to add as extra angles for the pic I already have of it as the current pic isn't the best but I don't want to delete and re-add to cheat for added membership time.
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:24pm

It takes 13 pics to fill the banner, I would think you could probably show all the angles of of a single piece of work in less than that. I couldn't imagine you not being able to, but if so.... split it over two days. Problem solved!

Afro

IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: May/17/2012 at 9:01pm
I've been seeing a lot of pictures that were mostly boner and then in the background there was a mod, but you could tell that the mod was not the main focus of the picture. do those fall under some of the new regulations?
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: May/18/2012 at 12:32am
That would be a 'mod not clearly visible' kill vote and removal. If you guys flag it, I have a chance to review it if I didn't catch it myself. I still utilize you guy's kill votes to help me stay on top of things. So even if your not sure, vote, nothing happens till I review it anyway.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version