BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Trendy Tattoos Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
CielPardus
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote CielPardus Replybullet Posted: October/23/2012 at 4:12pm
I think it's all fine and dandy if it has meaning to them, it does get on my nerves when it is done just because someone becomes old enough to get a tattoo. It just irks me when getting a mod is done just because other people are doing it... gwar
IP IP Logged
JClaude
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote JClaude Replybullet Posted: October/24/2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by unLuckyinLove

Originally posted by MontanaPiercer

/chuckle

If tattoos have deep meaning for you... great, but be wary of projecting that value system on to other people...

their design motivations are really none of your business

+1

+2
peRsOnal CreAtiVe

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo:
People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them!
"Sailor Jerry Collins, tattoo artist."

We are the beautiful freaks!
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: October/25/2012 at 10:39am
If you don't like that someone has a trendy tattoo, that's fine. They might not like one of your really special, deep meaning tattoos, and that's fine too. If they're well done, who cares what someone else puts on their body - it's their body, not yours.

It doesn't seem like it in this thread, but I've noticed a lot of body modifiers in general like to judge people who get flash. It's ironic, since so many body modders beat their "society judges me unfairly!" drums so hard.

I personally like seemingly meaningless tattoos. I'll probably wind up with some kinds of generic ones, instead of some obscure "I have to explain this to everyone" piece. I like the generic pieces because if your feelings change on what it means to you, it's still just a nice piece of art instead of a specific reminder. Sometimes it's nice to have your koi just be a koi and not a "reminder of my grandpa who went fishing every weekend and took me with him and he passed away and I still go fishing every weekend."

Edited by CheapPerfume - October/25/2012 at 10:40am
IP IP Logged
Pyramid
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Pyramid Replybullet Posted: November/10/2012 at 12:56pm
To me it's one of those situations in which only time can tell if the person is making a trendy mistake with these kinds of common tattoos or not. I've known people who rather hastily chose to get some generic work done, and some of them have really made it their own
IP IP Logged
standingtyping
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote standingtyping Replybullet Posted: November/11/2012 at 1:28pm
Being trendy is terribly meaningful to some folks. 
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."
IP IP Logged
SludgeRoach
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SludgeRoach Replybullet Posted: November/11/2012 at 4:30pm
Its my first post! Hey everyone...

Firstly, I have random placed somewhat customized designs. A lot of these trendy sleeves are much nicer looking then mine.

Secondly, and quite simply, art is all subjective. Just as everyones personal life experience is too. Therefor you can never guess who will regret a tattoo and youre just knotting your panties for no reason.

I have no trendy tattoos but I have a modern trendy cyber acronym tattood on me. I never regret it. In fact I gave it meaning.

Stop comparing yourself to others, it kills creativity.
IP IP Logged
Enigmatised
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Enigmatised Replybullet Posted: November/30/2012 at 1:39am
I'm getting my first tattoo soon, and it'll be a 'trendy' one. Though I chose the design before I looked it up online and realised it was 'trendy'. What I want is some bird silhouettes on the back of my lower leg. I've seen several pictures of people with a similar design which also includes a feather.
IP IP Logged
SaintNunya
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote SaintNunya Replybullet Posted: March/18/2013 at 10:14am
I was going to get an octopus tattoo until I realized how trendy they were. Then I thought about it, and how shallow it would be to avoid something I like because it's "Trendy"
Kill your heroes.
IP IP Logged
yuueef
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote yuueef Replybullet Posted: August/01/2014 at 9:40pm
Sounds scary, but here are some decorations, hope you like it http://www.eozy.com/
IP IP Logged
anjiline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote anjiline Replybullet Posted: August/06/2014 at 4:57am
Modern tattoo, this cultural phenomenon fusion of "fashion" and "popular", with the rising of the body to show culture, so that we gradually accept type body, tattoo has become a social art, and the famous tattoo master is also regarded as the artist, sociology or human scholars will also study this violent popular culture with the popular point of view ?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version