who cares
IP IP Logged
SierraFoxtrot
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 38

Quote SierraFoxtrot Replybullet Posted: March/16/2012 at 10:58pm
I care!

I love looking at people's tattoos and thinking how it suits them and why maybe they got it, even if they don't think it means anything to them, it usually does on a deeper level.
I think a lot of tattoos are 'trendy' because they represent human experiences, emotions and ideas that lots of people have.

Even when people get the run of the mill tribal sleeve its because they want to look tough. Girls get a tramp stamp so people look at their ass, so guys will think about how it looks when they fuck them from behind..

I have a million theories behind why people get which tattoos and where, but you have to do it on a case by case basis, because like all stereotypes there are exceptions.

I've got problems of my own, but not the kind that can be solved with an atom bomb.
IP IP Logged
Keef13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 11

Quote Keef13 Replybullet Posted: April/12/2012 at 9:10pm
Everyone likes what they like, everyone likes different things. In my opinion, i HATE Koi carp and all that Japanese shit, to me, it just looks so tacky and everyone wants it. Get something original, tattoo artists must fed up doing Koi carp, Waves, Dragons that all look IDENTICAL.
But thats just my opinion, I personal like old school tattoos and prison tattoos, all black and grey, i personally don't like colour tattoos, some of them look good if they're done by a top notch artist though :)
IP IP Logged
unLuckyinLove
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote unLuckyinLove Replybullet Posted: April/16/2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by MontanaPiercer

/chuckle

If tattoos have deep meaning for you... great, but be wary of projecting that value system on to other people...

their design motivations are really none of your business

+1
IP IP Logged
MeanMug
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote MeanMug Replybullet Posted: September/22/2012 at 4:44am
Everyone is an individual and thus everyone has their own reason for getting a tattoo. Some you might regret, some you love. It is your skin and you are allowed to get whatever you want. It could be an image that cheers you up in the AM, a meaningful dedication piece, or flash. You can get a poodle riding a moped while eating pizza for all I care. I met a guy at a party who had a Nintendo tatted to his chest. I dated a girl who had fish bones and the saying "No Meat on Fridays" in her pubic area. Your tat may or may not offend someone (some offend me), but hey, its your body. Express yourself.
I just hope that the individual getting the tattoo gets a quality tattoo. See, for me its all about art.
Whats the motto boys and girls?
"A good tattoo ain't cheap and a cheap tattoo ain't good".

Get whatever you want, but just get a good artist to hook you up.
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: September/23/2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by SierraFoxtrot

Girls get a tramp stamp so people look at their ass, so guys will think about how it looks when they fuck them from behind..
I am planning to get a fairly creepy tattoo that I personally would love to have on my chest, but for the sake of not killing the mood, I am probably going to have it put on my back, haha.
IP IP Logged
LipsticStardust
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 57

Quote LipsticStardust Replybullet Posted: September/30/2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by MontanaPiercer

/chuckle

If tattoos have deep meaning for you... great, but be wary of projecting that value system on to other people...

their design motivations are really none of your business

I couldn't agree more.I went for my koi sleeve out of a personal preference and designed it from classic references,and started it a few years ago.I have 14 stars in different colors representing people that influenced my life greatly.After the artist finished my stars he exclaimed how he hated "these freaking trendy stars!"Not going back to him...

If it has meaning to you, it will never go out of style.
IP IP Logged
vivahate
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote vivahate Replybullet Posted: October/21/2012 at 5:30am
What people should remember is that there are things that people constantly use to find meaning. The most common themes in all art - be it tattoos, music, paintings, film or any other medium - are sex, death, love and personal growth. There are classic themes based around these, and a lot of people will use these themes.

There are so many reasons Koi tattoos are good. They fit the shape of the human body well in a variety of places - especially forearms, around the tricep, shoulder blade and calf muscle - and they represent personal growth. The Koi eventually turns into a dragon. It's a theme that ties in with tattooing for a lot of people, and it's a shape that works. It's popular because it's good.

If your main reason for not getting a tattoo is because lots of other people have it, you're more effected by these trends than the people with the tattoos. That's kinda sad.

Live your life exactly how you want to live it, not how anyone else thinks you should. If you want to get a feather tattoo, get a feather tattoo.
If looks could kill, I'd watch you die.
IP IP Logged
SierraFoxtrot
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 38

Quote SierraFoxtrot Replybullet Posted: October/22/2012 at 2:14am
Yeah!

I've got problems of my own, but not the kind that can be solved with an atom bomb.
IP IP Logged
saaaaan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 21

Quote saaaaan Replybullet Posted: October/23/2012 at 3:59pm
I'm going to attack the next person who asks "what do your tattoos mean?" with a chainsaw. Fuck off.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version