BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Nazi Tattoos Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
applecuddles
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 27

Quote applecuddles Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 10:49am
just a mesdsage to inkstar, although you put forward your point with some good factors you aswell are making a very common mistake. Now im not saying that religion is real i dont believe in god but that is not to say that it cannot offend people becuase it has the possability of not being true. You are being rather biased in the sense where you are stating that it is FACT that religion is fiction when actualy you will never know that and no one will. If someone was to take a beliefe that you had taken seriously for all your life or even just felt very passionatly about then you would be disturbed at the fact that its meaning is being abused.

I do think Adam has made a very good point and it can be included in the nazi flag tattoo can be included in a negative and abusive sort of field of messages. the person that got it tattooed might have something else in mind but in saying that he will also know that it will offend and must take that into concideration as it is obvious it shall happen so he has taken on a bit of a 'i dont give a shit about what you think or who i hurt' attitude which can be a bit imature. As for the artist he too must have this idea in his head and by exposing this as part of his work does have the possability of hurting his reputatyion as a person Not an artist because as we can see the work is done with great detail and great realistic design.
SOPHIE (L) AMII
IP IP Logged
HOB1993
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote HOB1993 Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:20am

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

ignorant image. whether it is aimed to cause offence or not whoever got this tattoo knew exactly what it symbolises and must of been a fool to still go and get it AND the artist (although his work is fucking sick) should of refused and im pretty sure here in england he would have been prosecuted
Helen xoxo
IP IP Logged
broken
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote broken Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:34am
The problem with Nazi-ism, is that over 10 million people were killed in the name of it in a short time. Whereas hundreds of millions of people have been killed in the name of religion over the centuries. So if you wanted to be pedantic, anyone with a religious tattoo could be seen to be a supporter of holy wars?

Personally I don't give a shit. Get whatever tattoo you want, just don't start crying if someone confronts you about it!
IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:46am
I have never given a shit, and won't ever in the future. Would I do a nazi tattoo? damn right I would, If I have to do Catholic shit 2 or 3 times a week, why can't I do Nazi shit. The Catholics also attempted genocide, on Muslims, were responsible for far more deaths than the nazis and were even implicated in the hording of Jewish gold after the war. Careful where you draw your lines....

None of it has a damn thing to do with my own beliefs, so by my nature, and by default.... I don't give a shit

Edited by MontanaPiercer - September/27/2011 at 11:46am
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
angelfetus
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 38

Quote angelfetus Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:53am
yeah as much as I dislike the 'nazi' thing... it is just one 'villain' in the world. History is full of atrocities and for the most part we are oblivious, with wars... the winners dictate who the bad guy actually is!

and as stated lots already, i wouldnt get the tattoo, but some people obviously would, and to dictate what they can and can't do actually makes you no better them.
IP IP Logged
LauraOhFace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote LauraOhFace Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 11:58am
I do not see the problem with tattooing a flag/symbol like this, nor do I see a problem with tattooing a flag of anyone's beliefs. We are all entitled to believe in what we wish. Each to their own beliefs..

The Nazi's did some really awful stuff.. but like many have said.. they were not the only villians of the world.. We may not view these events as horrific as the holocaust events etc but hell, every nation has a "Hitler"

I bet some nations view viking tattoos and viking related symbols and think "Those bastards stormed our lands, pillaged our villages, raped our women and killed thousands"

A BETTER example would be tattoos depicting the United States Army Air Forces USAAF(or even a United states military flag of any nature) could offend Japanese people because of the 1945 atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.... the acute effects killed 90,000 -166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000-80,000 in Nagasaki, In both cities, most of the dead were civilians.....

Any tattoo has the chance of offending another purpose but no one really takes those into consideration.. Like religious tattoos etc.

It is exactly like he said "But don't say "nazi's are bad" and then turn around and say nun-fisting is ok."

So... Let people get what they want tattoos.

Edited by LauraOhFace - September/27/2011 at 12:14pm
IP IP Logged
WickedBody
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote WickedBody Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:37pm
Touchy subject.. But in the end, people can damn sure get what they want; They can also believe how they want, and act how they want. Doesn't mean I agree with it in the end. Doesn't mean I will befriend them. Some people find piercings offensive, now is that to the same extent of depicting some bigger evils that perhaps have killed thousands? No. But it's still offensive to some.

If some Nazi asshole wants to start storming around preaching his beliefs in my face, am I going to disagree? Of course. But if some religious nut job wants to do they same thing, I'm also not going to agree.The extent of my reaction will of course play into the degree in which they are attempting to convert me, or the topic at hand. Let people get what they want. Until they start to enforce their beliefs onto me, I frankly don't care. Just don't put it on me, and I won't have to retaliate ;)

Edited by WickedBody - September/27/2011 at 12:38pm
IP IP Logged
that1chick
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote that1chick Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:37pm
I think everyone has the right to get what they want tattooed...

But I also feel like I have the right to make personal judgments based on what I see.

So... sure... if someone wants a nazi tattoo... they should go for it. But if I am being completely honest, I am going to silently judge them.

I think that what you put on your body is a reflection of who you are, and if you are someone who is covered in tattoos of nuns being skull fucked by cartoon characters, I assume that you have some creepy shit going on in your life.

So basically, what I am saying is... if you want a Manson-style swastika in the middle of your forehead, go for it. But don't be offended when people see you and immediately cross the street to avoid you.
IP IP Logged
jamie138
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote jamie138 Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 6:28pm
how much different is this than all the crazy satanic, anti-catholic tattoos that we all get and put on people? Both of them represent a supreme hatred towards something, that most people would deem to be good.

ok, i think this is the first flaw in your argument.

i don't know what your definition of 'most people' is, but i think unless you're catholic it's pretty easy to see why the catholic church is not good. if you want examples, historically there was the spanish inquisition and the crusades as two examples. more recently, aside from the everyday endorsement of hate, homophobia, intoloerance etc here's two links to give an idea of serious fucking damage catholism is conducting in the modern world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/17/pope-africa-condoms-aids

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7060406.ece

there're a lot more articles if you want further reading, these were two of the first results in google.

so in fact tattoos that are against catholism are very different to tattoos that condone the atrocities of the second world war. if i was a tattoo artist  i would refuse to do this, or any flag 'cept a black flag.
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: September/27/2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by jamie138

if you want examples, historically there was the spanish inquisition and the crusades as two examples.

You mean the Spainish Inquisition founded in 1482 by the King Of Spain under his own direct control. An organisation specifically designed to limit Papal authority and lessen Spainish dependence upon the Catholic legal systems formerly controlled by Rome? An organisation which did not after 1509 did not allow any accused person to have contact with the Vatican?

Because to my mind it is not a very applicable example.

"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version