BodyMod.org Forum : BMod Professional's Corner : Q&A for BMod Professionals
Message Icon Topic: Emu Oil for Stretched Lobes Post Reply Post New Topic
CRISTAL-DLN
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 47

Quote CRISTAL-DLN Replybullet Topic: Emu Oil for Stretched Lobes
    Posted: September/09/2011 at 4:18pm
A friend of mine told me about "Emu Oil", which he used when he blew out one of his stretched lobes. It was recommended to him by a respected Body Piercer around these parts. I've never heard about it before, and was wondering if anyone else has used or recommended the oil for similar scenarios, and what your input about the oil is. One thing I do know is that a lot of people are very sensitive to the oil and has resulted in allergic reactions, but for others, like my Buddeh, reacted well to it.
- Cristal D.L.N
*PENETRATE & DECORATE*
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: September/09/2011 at 5:51pm
Emu oil is non-comedogenic (does not clog the pores) and hypoallergenic oil. It's not vegan friendly (since it comes fro the fat of emu bird) otherwise, it's odorless and absorb real good.

I have good result using emu oil and so are lots of people I know. I even use it instead of those recommended fragrance-free lotions for my skin. But again, everyone is different so you should test it out first before using it primarily.
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: September/09/2011 at 6:03pm
I like emu oil and have used it on my ears too. I think it can be a little smelly compared to other kinds of oils. I prefer vitamin e oil for stretches though!
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
jod806
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 32

Quote jod806 Replybullet Posted: September/09/2011 at 6:19pm
I've been seeing adverts in mags for emu oils, in regards to stretching is it being used as an aftercare agent?
SINcerely,

Juan

Website
Facebook
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: September/09/2011 at 8:40pm
I think some people tell their clients to use it for aftercare, but I personally don't like oils on new or healing piercings.
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
jod806
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 32

Quote jod806 Replybullet Posted: September/09/2011 at 11:49pm
Well I don't mean after care for a new piercing, I mean for stretched skin. SSS are my #1 after care suggestion, or if they have to resort to antibacterial/microbial soap (not dial)...I basically go by APP guidelines for aftercare information. However I'm not up on Emu Oil or know anyone around here (fellow piercers) who suggests it's use.
SINcerely,

Juan

Website
Facebook
IP IP Logged
CRISTAL-DLN
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 47

Quote CRISTAL-DLN Replybullet Posted: September/10/2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Cale

I like emu oil and have used it on my ears too. I think it can be a little smelly compared to other kinds of oils. I prefer vitamin e oil for stretches though!

This is a product I would like to be able to recommend to clients later on down the line, but I've never tried it personally. I'd like to try it out my self, before I recommend or mention it to a client. When you say you prefer vitamin E oil for stretches, do you mean that you use it during the stretching procedure, or as an ongoing process for people who are in the process of reaching their goal gauge?
- Cristal D.L.N
*PENETRATE & DECORATE*
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: September/11/2011 at 7:59pm
I like the vitamin e for stretched lobes. I massage my ears with it and use it occasionally in the mornings when I put my jewelry in. I suggest it to my clients with stretches too. For stretching, I recommend taping two wraps a week and putting the plug in at the end of a shower without lubricant. If you stretch too quickly you could get a small tear, and lubricants could block the airflow to the area, which could potentially make any problems worse. I personally feel you do not need lubricant if you tape slowly or let your ears stretch naturally on their own.
Miss Cale
facebook.
IP IP Logged
Rasputin Sane
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 7

Quote Rasputin Sane Replybullet Posted: September/30/2011 at 4:24am
A good batch of emu oil won't stink. Call Deb at Desert Palms if you can't find any - they do, and this isn't a promo plug, have the best oil I've worked with.
IP IP Logged
erinarney
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 37

Quote erinarney Replybullet Posted: December/10/2011 at 7:23pm
I've used pure emu oil on a dermal anchor I struggle with from time to time and love the results. Within days I see it's condition improve.
rdhdedstpchld
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version