Books / Periodicals
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : Books / Periodicals
Message Icon Topic: Comic books. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
LexLuthor
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote LexLuthor Replybullet Topic: Comic books.
    Posted: August/26/2011 at 9:38am
I had a quick look about and assume this is the right area for this to be.
Anyone else read comics?
Graphic novels or monthly issues?
Any comics read in years gone by?

I personally started reading 2000AD from a very young age and grew into reading horror comics based on the writings of Lovecraft before really getting into any more standard superhero style lines.
IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: August/26/2011 at 2:38pm
I am one for online comics.

That being said, I am in the process of collecting the Sandman graphic novels [and  I also own The Absolute Death and Marvel's 1602] - all of them being works by Neil Gaiman.

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
Nightshade82
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote Nightshade82 Replybullet Posted: August/26/2011 at 3:14pm
I fairly recently found a series called Gloom Cookie which I plan on buying more of.
I also love the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and Nemi comics.
Huge new fan of ctrl:alt:del online comic.
IP IP Logged
stillill
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote stillill Replybullet Posted: August/30/2011 at 10:34am
First graphic novels I got into were The Amory War series.

The Killing Joke (hardcover!) and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth just came in the mail for me today.. I am so psyched! Already read The Killing Joke with Comical but I am very pleased to now own it. Probably gonna read AA later today after my class.

I'm not a huge fan of comics in general, but I have been really into the Batman/Gotham story/universe for a few months now.. Do not like campy '60's Adam West Batman, and the Animated Series is entertaining but necessarily childish. I love the scary stuff. But this post is kind of including movies, tv shows, comic books, graphic novels, etc hahaha..  I just looked i n here because those came in the mail and I wanted to see if there was a place for me to post about it ahaha ;X
Soon you'll be
more tree
than person.

You'll go camping
in the woods
and never come back.
IP IP Logged
Eui1337
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote Eui1337 Replybullet Posted: August/30/2011 at 2:23pm
the only series i've read all the way was JTHM. and i'm definitely more of a web comic person. i read 20+ on a regular basis.but i'd love to read some X-men or Spiderman.
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream..." - Vincent Van Gogh
IP IP Logged
bondagekitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote bondagekitten Replybullet Posted: August/30/2011 at 7:25pm
I tend to read more manga comics than Marvel or online stuff. Got all of Love Hina and Chobits, we're working on Ranma 1/2 and Sgt Frog as well as a few odds and sods just now. 
"Take me as I am or not at all" - Ginger (from The Wildhearts)
IP IP Logged
LexLuthor
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote LexLuthor Replybullet Posted: August/31/2011 at 7:57am
Originally posted by metalbabe

I am one for online comics.That being said, I am in the process of collecting the Sandman graphic novels [and  I also own The Absolute Death and Marvel's 1602] - all of them being works by Neil Gaiman.

Sandman I still need to read, 1602 is an amazing story though. Just a pity the books that came after the main line sucked.
IP IP Logged
Grace Quirrel
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote Grace Quirrel Replybullet Posted: October/24/2011 at 3:31pm
I'm more a 'graphical novel' person than a comic person but I think that's just because I've yet to find a comic series I like, other than Nemi.

I love Neil Gaiman and have finally got around to buying my own edition of Never where.  Ended up having a debate with a colleague his morning about V for Vendetta and the protests.  My friend's reasoning was that, since Guy Fawkes was a) a scapegoat and b) an idiot, the protesters are just illustrating that they missing the point.  But I would say, since a lot of them will be basing it on the film, they've missed the point anyway.  Yes, my lunchtimes are just that fun at work.

I'm currently in Y: the Last Man, which I'm finding good but a little difficult slow at times.

I generally prefer the anime to manga, but Love Hina, Model, Kiss me Kill me and a few others sit happily on my shelf.
IP IP Logged
LexLuthor
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote LexLuthor Replybullet Posted: November/23/2011 at 6:12am
Y is one I've wanted to read for a while.
I just finished getting the newest series by Jonathan Hickman, The Red Wing, which was absolutely spectacular on all fronts.
IP IP Logged
wetizm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote wetizm Replybullet Posted: November/26/2011 at 12:18am
Damn.. Grew Up Reading All Things Marvel. X Men & Weapon X Bein Favorites.
Some Spawn. Sleepwalker. Batman. Superboy.
Last Set I Started Reading (A Few Years Back) Was The Marvel Civil War Chronicles. Awesome Story. Been A While Though. 
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version