<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Gaming
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : Gaming
Message Icon Topic: Video Game Tattoos Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Poll Question: Video Game Related Tattoos?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [34.78%]
6 [13.04%]
9 [19.57%]
4 [8.70%]
11 [23.91%]
You can not vote in this poll

Bastarache
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 7

Quote Bastarache Replybullet Topic: Video Game Tattoos
    Posted: July/07/2011 at 9:07pm
Just curious to see what gamer tattoos are out there. We're doing a whole gamer leg and arm at my shop right now. 
IP IP Logged
Nightshade82
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 16

Quote Nightshade82 Replybullet Posted: July/18/2011 at 2:57pm
My partner got the logo for Video Games Live tattooed on his shin last year with plans to turn the whole leg into a gamer piece. He hasn't done it so far but I know he plans on doing it.
VGL plays video game music with a live orchestra and he plans on getting characters and logos from those specific games first and then see what room he has left and probably add more.

I also have a tattoo of Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum and I plan on getting something (or two) from Alice Madness Returns as well as the new Harley Quinn from the new Batman game, Arkham City.
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 55

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: July/18/2011 at 3:20pm
UGH! My age is showing because I think it's stupid. It's like tattooing the name of your partner on your body
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
white_horse
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote white_horse Replybullet Posted: July/18/2011 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by merrry

UGH! My age is showing because I think it's stupid. It's like tattooing the name of your partner on your body

Thats the whole point though, it's someone showing off something that's close to them, something they believe in and I respect the uber dorks for so boldly committing and displaying there dorkness
-False
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: July/18/2011 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by white_horse

Thats the whole point though, it's someone showing off something that's close to them, something they believe in and I respect the uber dorks for so boldly committing and displaying there dorkness

Perhaps the person isn't ashamed of their dorkiness or nerdiness, whatever, but at this moment 50% are in agreement that it's a bad idea. Hindsight is 20/20
AKA: The Queen Of Hugs, Naughty Girl Extraordinaire, Merrrypoppin, Merrry Contrary and Sunshine. I'm also Proud To Be A Persnickety Bitch!
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: July/19/2011 at 10:22am
I think it is more comparable to getting a tattoo from a novel or a movie, or of something related to novels or movies in general. Role playing games such as Final Fantasy are especially good examples that can be compared to novels. I love the story that unfolds in Final Fantasy six. The way each character has their own segment of the game really develops your identification with them.
Video games are an art form, whether or not you see their value.
IP IP Logged
white_horse
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote white_horse Replybullet Posted: July/19/2011 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by white_horse

Perhaps the person isn't ashamed of their dorkiness or nerdiness, whatever, but at this moment 50% are in agreement that it's a bad idea. Hindsight is 20/20

Well that's a bit ridiculous, just because 50% say it's a bad idea or specifically "lame" doesn't mean that any of them already have game tats and now regret it, so that doesn't say anything about "hindsight" all that means is half of the people who responded think it's stupid, which means they're probably assholes for the most part... thinking they're better than someone else just because they have a different set of prioritys and have had different life experiences. 

Edited by white_horse - July/19/2011 at 12:26pm
-False
IP IP Logged
thesounknown
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 40

Quote thesounknown Replybullet Posted: July/19/2011 at 1:03pm
I've got a lil shy guy on my foot.  Dumb idea or not, he's adorable. ;)
She looks like the real thing.
She tastes like the real thing.
My fake plastic love.
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: July/19/2011 at 1:16pm
I guess it depends on the type and scale of the tattoo. A back piece dedicated to Sega's Soccer Italia 90 for the megadrive/genesis would be probably a cause for regret. While a large scale piece of the concept art of FFVII or Fallout New Vegas would probably be a tattoo that would get praise from many people who never heard of the game involved. Given that a decent game these days has the budget of a Hollywood movie they are not a throw-away idea like the games I enjoyed 20 years ago.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Keiran1980 - July/19/2011 at 1:18pm
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
merrry
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Quote merrry Replybullet Posted: July/19/2011 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Keiran1980

I guess it depends on the type and scale of the tattoo. A back piece dedicated to Sega's Soccer Italia 90 for the megadrive/genesis would be probably a cause for regret. While a large scale piece of the concept art of FFVII or Fallout New Vegas would probably be a tattoo that would get praise from many people who never heard of the game involved. Given that a decent game these days has the budget of a Hollywood movie they are not a throw-away idea like the games I enjoyed 20 years ago.

Edited for grammar.

Thank you Kieran! That's pretty much what I meant when I wrote what I wrote.,

Fixed my typing errors

Edited by merrry - July/19/2011 at 6:25pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version